Air Jordan 1 x UNION LA Thread

I don't really care about the resale value or if it's coveted or not, I just think making another Union Jordan 1 with different colors makes the original collab less unique. It might end up making the originals worth more and become more sought after, but it doesn't take away from the fact that there's now multiple collabs that look the same other than the colors.

Kinda like what Off-White did with The 10; it was really unique in the beginning, then they milked it with more colorways.

I don't see how it would make it less unique, do retro plus colorways make OG colorways less unique? No. But to each their own.

You're full of crap.
i mean he has point kinda. if u had someone that could care less about sneakers pick between regular bt's & union bt's in terms of which is better my money is one them picking the unions.
I don't see how it would make it less unique, do retro plus colorways make OG colorways less unique? No. But to each their own.
i don't think this always the case, but a lot of times it is the case when a certain silhouette becomes overproduced and the company "kills" the model.

You're full of crap.

:lol:

the very definition of being unique is that it's the only of it's kind, unlike anything else. sure, new colorways give different looks but doesnt change the fact there are more of the same item now, just with slight variations.

i mean he has point kinda. if u had someone that could care less about sneakers pick between regular bt's & union bt's in terms of which is better my money is one them picking the unions.
yup. what they would pick is besides the point but most people don't understand why we buy so many slight variations of the same thing

I don't really care about the resale value or if it's coveted or not, I just think making another Union Jordan 1 with different colors makes the original collab less unique. It might end up making the originals worth more and become more sought after, but it doesn't take away from the fact that there's now multiple collabs that look the same other than the colors.

Kinda like what Off-White did with The 10; it was really unique in the beginning, then they milked it with more colorways.

I hear you but both of the originals were kind of wack anyway. One has a 80s jazzercise mom white crew sock look going on from a distance and the other is mainly the worst and least coveted og colorway.

Gonna need to see that 3rd LA Lakers/Kings homage before it ends chief.

I hear you but both of the originals were kind of wack anyway. One has a 80s jazzercise mom white crew sock look going on from a distance and the other is mainly the worst and least coveted og colorway.

Gonna need to see that 3rd LA Lakers/Kings homage before it ends chief.
the union's are "kind of wack?"
giphy.gif

Okay but releasing more cws also allows more chances for people, who actually like the collaboration, to own pairs at retail. These same people would otherwise be unable to afford resale prices so this at least allows more fans of the collab another shot at attaining a pair.

Okay but releasing more cws also allows more chances for people, who actually like the collaboration, to own pairs at retail. These same people would otherwise be unable to afford resale prices so this at least allows more fans of the collab another shot at attaining a pair.

But that's the thing with collabs; it should be a one off thing. If you keep churning out colorways of the same design then it kinda defeats the purpose of a collab. It's not like Union is part of the Jordan Brand. What they SHOULD'VE done was release the original shoes in larger quantities.

But that's the thing with collabs; it should be a one off thing. If you keep churning out colorways of the same design then it kinda defeats the purpose of a collab. It's not like Union is part of the Jordan Brand. What they SHOULD'VE done was release the original shoes in larger quantities.

Why should collab a only be one off? If the thought out into the design is good, why is it a bad thing to simply have more releases? Even better if it is produced in GR quantities and made more accessible. Look at successful, multi season/year collabs like Kaws x Uniqlo, Alexander McQueen x Puma, Raf x Adidas, etc. etc. who have successfully done this. I think Jerry Lorenzo is even doing this with the FOG x Nike collab, given how you can actually easily attain some of the releases (I.e. Nike FOG Mocs).

but if they released in larger quantities, then it would defeat JB's purpose of a collab :lol:

but if they released in larger quantities, then it would defeat JB's purpose of a collab :lol:

How so? The purpose of a collab is just to collaborate with another brand outside of your own. How does creating a larger quantity defeat the purpose of a collab? I just think it should be a one off thing to keep it unique, but to create it in quantities that allow anybody who wants a pair to get a pair.

Why should collab a only be one off? If the thought out into the design is good, why is it a bad thing to simply have more releases? Even better if it is produced in GR quantities and made more accessible. Look at successful, multi season/year collabs like Kaws x Uniqlo, Alexander McQueen x Puma, Raf x Adidas, etc. etc. who have successfully done this. I think Jerry Lorenzo is even doing this with the FOG x Nike collab, given how you can actually easily attain some of the releases (I.e. Nike FOG Mocs).

That's what I'm saying, collab to create a unique product, but produce it in GR quantities so that whoever wants a pair can get a pair. Don't milk the collab by producing a punch of colorways and make each colorway limited.

I'm glad you brought up the FoG Nike collab. They ended up creating multiple silhouettes (e.g. FoG1, FoG Raid, FoG Moc) - which is actually what I think a collab should be and is exactly what I said Union should do. If they were to collab with Jordan again, they should go to another silhouette instead of just churning out another Jordan 1 UnionLA with different colors.

The problem with the FoG1 Nike collab is Nike is milking the FoG1 right now with 6 different colorways soon which takes away from how unique the original collab was.

collabs main objectives are to broaden visibility and create energy around the partnership. its never about sheer volume sales.

collabs would be a failure and lose its luster if they start releasing them in GR #’s.

Last edited:
collabs main objectives are to broaden visibility and create energy around the partnership. its never about sheer volume sales.

collabs would be a failure and lose its luster if they start releasing them in GR #’s.

But it wouldn't lose its luster if they kept releasing the same design with different colorways? And you don't think having more of the product out there will broaden visibility?

My entire point is this:
Create a collab product and produce them in larger quantities, or collab and create multiple different products (i.e. collab with different silhouettes of the Jordan line like the Travis Scotts). Don't just keep recycling the same silhouette with different colorways. My original comment was that if Union were to collab with Jordan again for a sneaker, don't just release the UnionLA Jordan 1s with different colors.

You can still accomplish this with volume sales though.

Back
Top Bottom