AIR JORDAN 11 “GRATITUDE” / THANK YOU - 12/09/2023

Oh definitely out. They’d serve no purpose for me.

Thats your soul train of thought/response to that?

Wow.

Perhaps it was just speech of figurative proportions, but i took literally. But if not…

Not sure aboot you all, but for moi, from this point on until the day i die, there’s no release i need or will there be any shoe that will serve any purpose other than to have/quench my insatiably unceasing desire (and greed, ill admit) for kicks.

Now if they were orthopedics, construction boots, aqua socks, ballet/bowling shoes, cleats (weather for sports or to increase height), etc… those have a “purpose”.

For most of us (and lettuce be real like april o’neal): its just a hobby.

None of us really “need” any more shoes.

With zero pranktell, i dont flip shoes, so the only purpose any shoe i buy is either for nostalgic purposes, test out new tech while on holiday/gym/dates, got a good deal or simply add to the collection, courtesy of fomo.

2DAC72DE-1165-4BFB-AB57-2CC9E3BB1830.gif

Thats your soul train of thought/response to that?

Wow.

Perhaps it was just speech of figurative proportions, but i took literally. But if not…

Not sure aboot you all, but for moi, from this point on until the day i die, there’s no release i need or will there be any shoe that will serve any purpose other than to have/quench my insatiably unceasing desire (and greed, ill admit) for kicks.

Now if they were orthopedics, construction boots, aqua socks, ballet/bowling shoes, cleats (weather for sports or to increase height), etc… those have a “purpose”.

For most of us (and lettuce be real like april o’neal): its just a hobby.

None of us really “need” any more shoes.

With zero pranktell, i dont flip shoes, so the only purpose any shoe i buy is either for nostalgic purposes, test out new tech while on holiday/gym/dates, got a good deal or simply add to the collection, courtesy of fomo.

2DAC72DE-1165-4BFB-AB57-2CC9E3BB1830.gif

You indeed took it too literal and perhaps didn’t see my previous posts about why I don’t feel any “need” for these. Obviously I/most of us don’t need more shoes. I meant emotionally I don’t feel any need for them. Concords are one of my all-time favorites. Maybe even No. 1. I have three pairs of the 2018s, two of them are DS.
So for me, buying essentially a (in my opinion) lesser version of the same shoe again with a leather upper I don’t like vs. the ballistic mesh, and gold accents and a weirdly colored outsole, is a waste of money and closet space.
I still have my 2006 DMP XIs. Maybe if these were true to those, I’d feel more of a connection to them and a “need” to have them. As it is, I don’t even feel a twinge of desire for this pair.

Last edited:
Holiday XI’s have been consistently easy to cop for probably 6-7 years now. Why would these be any different unless your a big footer ?
I am a big footer but I know what you mean. They were easy in the sense that there were tons of pairs available, but they weren’t sitting for days/weeks. If you were prepared on release day you probably got a pair but not if you didn’t do raffles, FLX, etc. especially for concords, breds, and cg.

I meant that these aren’t going to be just sitting and available after the release date like everything else these days.

I am a big footer but I know what you mean. They were easy in the sense that there were tons of pairs available, but they weren’t sitting for days/weeks. If you were prepared on release day you probably got a pair but not if you didn’t do raffles, FLX, etc. especially for concords, breds, and cg.

I meant that these aren’t going to be just sitting and available after the release date like everything else these days.
Got you

I am with you about the mesh. That has always been what I loved about the XI. The contrast of the mesh against the patent leather. That being said, 2/3(hopefully 3)pairs for me. :lol:

I think these will turn out beautiful and…as you know…
1689801070602.gif
I mean the mesh and patent leather combo is basically is what made the Jordan 11 what it is today. Having said that, its cool when JB spins a different take on classics as long as its not too extreme.

Decided to whip out the 2011's (that I take pretty moderate care of).

Hard to determine how unwhite they are because of lighting, but there's certain oxidation to the white mesh (if i wanted to show off some yellowness... i'd crack a smile).

IMG_5332.jpg

IMG_5333.jpg

A many of those who said they're out on the '23 DMP... I'm watching you.

Including when you're asleep...

tumblr_inline_nn7of6r4oF1svft9x_250.gif

Decided to whip out the 2011's (that I take pretty moderate care of).

Hard to determine how unwhite they are because of lighting, but there's certain oxidation to the white mesh (if i wanted to show off some yellowness... i'd crack a smile).

IMG_5332.jpg

IMG_5333.jpg

A many of those who said they're out on the '23 DMP... I'm watching you.

Including when you're asleep...

tumblr_inline_nn7of6r4oF1svft9x_250.gif

My PTSD returns in full force whenever I stumble across pictures of the 2011s. Now I won't be able to sleep tonight.

Back
Top Bottom