Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

You know how you suss out fakes in this case? This is gonna sound hilarious ... but just smell them out of the box. Everyone who has ever bought Jordans/Nikes knows what I'm saying. Unless the UA factories have figured out the exact glue/adhesives the legit factories use. Seems highly unlikely to me. Back in 2011, I bought a pair of those crap Concord retros from the Bay. It was a good price and I wanted to see. As soon as they arrived, I put them next to my NDC pair and huffed. Couldn't have been more obvious. Messaged the seller and said: Eff you, dude, refund me. He did instantly and I sent the fake pair back to him.

If someone here has for whatever reason bought fakes and can say they smell the same, please raise your hand :rofl:
You get what you pay for. As a person who has bought and sold shoes on eBay more than stock x or goat. There’s greens on eBay. People don’t like the delay of funds and shipping on stockx. And no platform is 100% anyway.

You get what you pay for. As a person who has bought and sold shoes on eBay more than stock x or goat. There’s greens on eBay. People don’t like the delay of funds and shipping on stockx. And no platform is 100% anyway. Scammers are everywhere. Do your research and weed out the fakes plus it way easier to be refunded on eBay if you fall for a fake.

Damn. No sellers fees over 100. Not bad. Still have to pay shipping though to the buyer. It's a nice option to have though.

That's not entirely true. It is for a large portion of sellers, but you can't hang your hat on a rating alone. You have to do your research on a seller, always. Some sellers are clueless they are selling fakes and have outstanding feedback, some just no shame. A lot of power sellers mix in bgrades/reps with their sales and ppl never have a clue. That's why I would NEVER buy a sneaker on ebay from someone selling them in mass quantity. And 9/10 times, Ebay is going to side with the high rated power seller over you. Buying sneakers on the after market is just a gamble on any and every format.

I'm most excited about Ebay's new policy because it's going to either force Stock X and GOAT to follow suit or fade away.

I thought it was only for a limited time, didn't know it was permanent, cool

From Czech shop I've linked yesterday

20191218_132020894_iOS.jpg
Shoes look great and thanks again for the heads up! I havent bought from them in years. My pair shipped over night. Great turnaround. Meanwhile I'm still waiting for sivas to ship from Saturday!

I don't think there's going to be a restock. Do you. Wouldn't like to see a restock happen? Perhaps around All-Star weekend?

finishline just restocked. and im guaranteeing u a couple other retailers gonna have restocks comming up soon too. these r the holiday 11s. they made plenty. theres gonna be alotta restocks. even waaaaay before allstar weekend.

i mean, only 2 full business days have passed since the drop. lotta people still havent even gotta their pairs shipped by retailers yet. stores prolly still not done processing the insane amount of orders. how fast ya'll expect them to restock? LOL

finishline just restocked. and im guaranteeing u a couple other retailers gonna have restocks comming up soon too. these r the holiday 11s. they made plenty. theres gonna be alotta restocks. even waaaaay before allstar weekend.

i mean, only 2 full business days have passed since the drop. lotta people still havent even gotta their pairs shipped by retailers yet. stores prolly still not done processing the insane amount of orders. how fast ya'll expect them to restock? LOL

I've been selling shoes on Ebay off and on for almost 15 yrs. 100% feedback. Stoked about this news since my sales have increased substantially in the the past 2 yrs. Gonna kill em in 2020. I've never used stockx and don't intend to. Ebay is cool because at least you can see pics of the shoes you're getting. Like many people say people tend to dump flawed pairs over there. I know people do it on ebay too but at least you have a chance to see some pics especially if you ask the seller

Last edited:
I've been selling shoes on Ebay off and on for almost 20 yrs. 100% feedback. Stoked about this news since my sales have increased substantially in the the past 2 yrs. Gonna kill em in 2020

have u ever had to deal with sum1 trying to say the shoes u sold em are fake? or sum1 saying that and sending u back fakes? thats my major concern when selling on ebay.

Last edited:
SNKRS pair and Nordstrom pair arriving today
I was worried about orders getting canceled so I passed on all the Euro sites

I had a kid and his mom harass me cause they thought the shoes I sold them on eBay were fake. I gave them a bunch of stuff to look at to prove authenticity and they finally quit bugging me after a while. Other than that, I've always had a good experience selling on eBay and I'll continue to sell used shoes there.

It helps to save receipts and provide a bunch of pictures and a good description, obviously.

bought some sb's off ebay a couple of years ago. before that, hadn't bought anything since 2000. personally paranoid about getting scammed...i feel better about buying on FB or Craigslist than I do on ebay. At least if I'm getting scammed in a meet up, I can beat your *** then and there.

have u ever had to deal with sum1 trying to say the shoes u went em are fake? or sum1 saying that and sending u back fakes? thats my major concern when selling on ebay.
Actually now that you mention it. I have had a couple issues lately. I'm hoping it was just some rare occurrences. One of them I really got ****ed! So i sold a dude some crimson tints. Tracking showed they were delivered. Dude filed a claim with his card company two weeks after they were delivered. Paypal was on some bull****. They said the card company sided with the buyer. So paypal protection is a bunch of crap. I didn't get my shoes back and they took my money. That scam got me for $220.

Actually now that you mention it. I have had a couple issues lately. I'm hoping it was just some rare occurrences. One of them I really got ****ed! So i sold a dude some crimson tints. Tracking showed they were delivered. Dude filed a claim with his card company two weeks after they were delivered. Paypal was on some bull****. They said the card company sided with the buyer. So paypal protection is a bunch of crap. I didn't get my shoes back and they took my money. That scam got me for $220.

sheeeeeesh. thats exactly why im scared to sell on ebay. too many scumbags out there and not enough seller protection. i cant stomach the fact that all it takes is for the buyer to say some BS like that and WHAM, there goes my kicks and my money. even tracking showing delivered doesnt matter apparently.

Also if i get scammed again in the near future i admit I'm probably done with Ebay. But assuming it don't happen in 2020, no seller fees is great news. However, I believe scamming is at an all time high in business and with the sneaker industry growing this stuff will continue to happen. The best way to avoid it is to have and build your established clientele and when you do sell to a stranger just make sure y'all have some good communication to cover yourself

With eBay you always gotta do signature confirmation. Always, always, always. They may fight authenticity still, but they can't fight that it was signed for

If I ever sell stuff on there its usually non hyped items that discourage people from false claiming some kind of authenticity check.. that or old shoes for which fakes have died if any.

I'm glad sellers will get more but buyers will just expect lower prices in the end. It's worth the extra 10-20 to not have to deal with a nitpicky customer or a chargeback for me. Ebay must be taking a huge hit in shoe sales regardless of what they report. They priced themselves out when they doubled fees. Explains their coupon where they undoubtedly lost millions yesterday.

have u ever had to deal with sum1 trying to say the shoes u sold em are fake? or sum1 saying that and sending u back fakes? thats my major concern when selling on ebay.
It's not common but it does happen. Most buyers are great. Used shoes seem to attract the worst customers. They seem to expect new no matter what pics you show or condition you describe. I've dealt with all types on Ebay and honestly I'm glad other platforms came around. Even with no fees I would rather not deal with Ebay.

Back
Top Bottom