Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

Yeah, 45 is nice,...
IMG_5690.jpg

...but even the GOAT eventually came back to 23.
IMG_5711.jpg

Extras...
IMG_5709.jpg IMG_5710.jpg

While everyone is concerned with the numbers on the back, I just thought to myself, well damn, they look cool with NO number back there ...

All this nonsense about how can you play in these old shoes ... :smh:

Yeah, a lot of it is marketing. MOST of it. That's ALWAYS been the case with shoes. People talking about breathability and a few ounces etc ... come on. I played ball HEAVILY for 15 straight years beginning in about 1989 and other than a few truly bad exceptions, the shoes were just fine. Frankly, the shoes today aren't THAT much different than they were back then other than being lighter and in some cases more springy. I still prefer Zoom over everything else despite some people hating it and thinking it causes injuries. Horses for courses. The people who go on about "OMFG how did anyone play in these" must be some serious babies with the softest feet.

The only shoes I ever had a problem with were some Avia Spyders and the stupid convex outsole that made my feet ache in 1989. And the OG Zoom Flight 95--not because of the sole or weight, but because the ankle collars out of the box were so stiff, they rubbed my ankles raw. Then they broke in and that stopped. The rest of the time, we just played in them and had no issues. Kobe did a great job marketing millimeters and ounces, but let's be real. He dropped 81 in the Kobe 1s. He was fine, as we all were and still are :rofl:

Again, everyone is different. I love the Kobe 9s from a look/design standpoint, but I do not like how they feel in terms of cushion. I never played in them but they feel way too spongy to me even just walking in them casually. I feel slow and sluggish in that shoe. And it came out, what, four/five years ago? Like I said, everyone is different and has preferences. But acting like a Jordan 11 is from 1932 is dumb as ****.

Last edited:
I haven't tried any Jordans for hooping that came after XVII+ and I refuse to believe that there can be any Jordan that is better. :lol:

All this nonsense about how can you play in these old shoes ... :smh:

Yeah, a lot of it is marketing. MOST of it. That's ALWAYS been the case with shoes. People talking about breathability and a few ounces etc ... come on. I played ball HEAVILY for 15 straight years beginning in about 1989 and other than a few truly bad exceptions, the shoes were just fine. Frankly, the shoes today aren't THAT much different than they were back then other than being lighter and in some cases more springy. I still prefer Zoom over everything else despite some people hating it and thinking it causes injuries. Horses for courses. The people who go on about "OMFG how did anyone play in these" must be some serious babies with the softest feet.

The only shoes I ever had a problem with were some Avia Spyders and the stupid convex outsole that made my feet ache in 1989. And the OG Zoom Flight 95--not because of the sole or weight, but because the ankle collars out of the box were so stiff, they rubbed my ankles raw. Then they broke in and that stopped. The rest of the time, we just played in them and had no issues. Kobe did a great job marketing millimeters and ounces, but let's be real. He dropped 81 in the Kobe 1s. He was fine, as we all were and still are :rofl:

Again, everyone is different. I love the Kobe 9s from a look/design standpoint, but I do not like how they feel in terms of cushion. I never played in them but they feel way too spongy to me even just walking in them casually. I feel slow and sluggish in that shoe. And it came out, what, four/five years ago? Like I said, everyone is different and has preferences. But acting like a Jordan 11 is from 1932 is dumb as ****.

so true about the ankle area, i had a pair back then, copped another pair when it retro-ed, didn't bother to break them in, hooped in them for 2 games and skin on my ankles were rubbed off.

he got hurt because of the NYPD, it was inflicted by the NYPD???

On April 8, 2015, Sefolosha and teammate Pero Antić were arrested outside a nightclub in New York City for allegedly interfering with police after Chris Copeland of the Indiana Pacers was stabbed in the abdomen following an argument.[14]While arresting him, the officers broke his right leg, shutting him down for the rest of the season.[15]He underwent surgery on April 16, to repair a fractured tibia and ligament damage.[16]

On September 9, 2015, Sefolosha refused a no-plea bargain the prosecutor had offered him, even though his attorney, Alex Spiro, urged him to take it.[17]Sefolosha said that he wanted to let the case proceed to trial instead; at the same time, charges against Antić were dropped.[18]Sefolosha's court hearing was set on October 5, 2015.[19]On October 9, a Manhattan jury found him not guilty of all three misdemeanor charges: obstructing government administration, disorderly conductand resisting arrest.[20]On October 21, 2015, Sefolosha announced he would be suing the city of New York as well as eight police officers for up to $50 million in damages.[21]On April 9, 2017, it was announced Sefolosha had settled with the NYPD for $4 million, a "substantial portion" of which he donated to Gideon's Promise, a nonprofit organization dedicated to educating public defenders.[22]

I haven't tried any Jordans for hooping that came after XVII+ and I refuse to believe that there can be any Jordan that is better. :lol:

Man, the last J’s I played in were AJ XX9s and let me tell you... Those things were amazing. The unlocked Zoom felt like an extension of your feet, it was crazy playing those indoors. I totally get why Russ absolutely loved(s) those (and the XXXs which had the same setup) and kept the tooling on the XXX1s.

On April 8, 2015, Sefolosha and teammate Pero Antić were arrested outside a nightclub in New York City for allegedly interfering with police after Chris Copeland of the Indiana Pacers was stabbed in the abdomen following an argument.[14]While arresting him, the officers broke his right leg, shutting him down for the rest of the season.[15]He underwent surgery on April 16, to repair a fractured tibia and ligament damage.[16]

On September 9, 2015, Sefolosha refused a no-plea bargain the prosecutor had offered him, even though his attorney, Alex Spiro, urged him to take it.[17]Sefolosha said that he wanted to let the case proceed to trial instead; at the same time, charges against Antić were dropped.[18]Sefolosha's court hearing was set on October 5, 2015.[19]On October 9, a Manhattan jury found him not guilty of all three misdemeanor charges: obstructing government administration, disorderly conductand resisting arrest.[20]On October 21, 2015, Sefolosha announced he would be suing the city of New York as well as eight police officers for up to $50 million in damages.[21]On April 9, 2017, it was announced Sefolosha had settled with the NYPD for $4 million, a "substantial portion" of which he donated to Gideon's Promise, a nonprofit organization dedicated to educating public defenders.[22]

Damn, I’d take a clubbing by racist cops for $4 million... Good for him for getting that settlement, although I’m sure a lot of that had to do with him having the money from his NBA career to afford great legal counsel to reach that settlement.

Yeah he sued them too

thanks for the info guys, wtf is going on?!

told yall

11s are the best to play in. Full length air is king.
(Tho I suspect the 7s are good too but havent played in them yet)

i've played in the XI space jams and the XII international flight, XII has more noticeable cushion, but maybe the XI wasn't broken in yet?

Really though. How does that happen. Just wondering.
Idk I clicked all sizes said sold out

Must’ve been up for awhile, didn’t see it posted anywhere but I don’t follow much on twitter

Kind of a good thing, would have likely scooped another pair :lol:

So it's been about a month since release, how many people caught a pair on a restock (versus the people looking for one on restock)? I clicked on the link for the heck of it, of course they weren't available.

Back
Top Bottom