Air Jordan 11 Retro Platinum Tint/Sail-University Red October 27 2018

i got them and like them, I just think you really have to be careful with them so they don't get scuffed or dirty. Kind of like Hare 7's

That’s unfortunate. I love my hare 7s and think they’re some of the comfiest Js since 2015

But I rucking hate how the nubuck on the hares scuffs and discolors with the slightest contact to literally anything.

if somebody even looks at those joints wrong, its over :lol:

IMG_20181030_143940795.jpg
Red Laces!!! More Pop!!!

So i finally just checked out these and they aren't bad....wouldn't mind copping down the discount line...asked the lady at finishline when she think these along with the SB 8's and tinker 6's will go on sale and she shakes her head and says retro j's never go on sale...i just smirked and said ok....

Held them in hand on Saturday but didn’t cop cus it was my daughters birthday. I shot back to the mall today to get my phone fixed and Champs still had plenty so I grabbed a pair. Dope spring/ summer shoe Ima wish they would’ve dropped earlier in the year around April/May
Well there is another April and May coming next year!

Just got my pair from NDC. As expected, the quality control is complete TRASH. These pieces of sh*t are going right back.

Last edited:
I didn’t have any quality control issues with my pair, they are basically flawless. I like that the heel part is soft. The flight suit story with space help me to. I was into nasa when I was a kid. I live like an hour away from Cape Canaveral. These were dope to me to say the least.

They seemed to use a different insole to. They feel really comfortable and I half sized down to. Kinda snug but I don’t have heel slippage so they st8 in my book.

I didn’t understand why they would release these either ..but when I read the story behind the colorway on snkrs app they said they chose to do a shoe that used materials and colors from space and flight suits which after reading I thought was a dope concept. Kinda like a nasa space suit 11 is what these are supposed to resemble so if you look at it like that it will make more since..those suits are a dull off white color with some red piping.

I hadn't seen that so thanks for the tip, I just read it. That said ... the story doesn't change my opinion on these one bit. I like space flight. I wear an Omega Speedmaster (the moon watch). I like to read books about the Gemini and Apollo missions. And until JB just told me these were supposed to remind me of flight suits etc, at no point when looking at them did I think, hey, these look like flight suits or like they're NASA-inspired. Good ol' JB always having to beat a horse into the ground. The 33 and upcoming Jordan models are all under the "Flight Utility" theme, so we better make versions of earlier shoes and tell everyone they too were inspired by flight utility--even though Tinker would tell you the 11's were inspired by lawn mowers and the Denver airport (not joking). But I suppose it wouldn't be as cool to have a retro launch "inspired by curbside check-in."

The first pair they brought out the right foot was creased and i asked for another pair and gor myself a flawless pair. Im happy.
Will cop red and black laces to see what the contrast is like

Yeah they look even worse with red laces.

Black laces and there's basically no black on the shoe? Hahahaha, y'all trying too hard to make these shoes look good.

aren't they sitting? if they are does it count as restocking?

I think they sold out finally here in Waco. But one of the high schools here is grey and red and I’m sure the basketball team bought them to play in. I don’t like the should but I would’ve bought two pair if it matched my team colors.

My size 13 came in from Nike. I can see how the nubuck will crease easily. Definitely will be a show for sunny days. Not a stand out shoe in my opinion, but not the worst either.

They’re an XI so I’m always going to be a little more forgiving on the cw. That said paying anywhere near retail for these is dumb. I think they should still be found for a hefty discount on StockX. IIRC this is the first non low XI to not sell out on NDC.

Maybe the second one. I’m not sure.

Y`all just need to put a stupid looking zip tie on them somewhere and slap the words Off White on the side if you want people to stop hating.

You'll be good to go then. Might could even sell them for a cool grand to some idiot out there.

Back
Top Bottom