Air Jordan 11 Space Jam-December 10, 2016-$220

"If I win the app raffle, go to the store, and pay for shoes will they let me take them home the same day??"

Jesus, Mary and Joseph!!

FootAction Lakewood, CA is FCFS. 

gonna be like

547819c11f499.gif

REPPED for the Authenticity of this happening. Its Savages in SoCal when it comes to sneakers bro.

These run narrow or small? I found my 2016 tb to run narrow/small compared to my other 3s, maybe b/c of thicker insoles idk...Can someone compare these in sizing to 2016 tb 3s or 2016 aj1s??Appreciate it

Last edited:

The irony in all of this was that despite the compromise in quality due to economic factors, the resell game peaked during the "recession" ('08-'13) and people still continued to purchase low-quality retros for upwards of $260-400 in the resell market depending on the shoe (Flint 13s, 2011 3s, Varsity Red 6s, Playoff 13s, CDPs, Carmine 6s, among others).

Not until 2015 imo did Nike/JB really make a conscious effort to step up their game in terms of quality although there is still a lot left to be desired (i.e., 2016 True Blue 3s). But hey, at least midsole paint is no longer chipping and cracking.
It really was incredible seeing the secondary market's reaction for Jordan's during the recession. Really broke all the rules for fundamental Keynesian economics.

What's most interesting is the marketplace today in relation to "hype" or demand. Prices have been as volatile as ever. I suspect it's due to growing/developing marketplaces for sneakers now ie. Social media, online, boutiques etc.

Being a finance guy, this is all incredibly fascinating to me
laugh.gif
Nice reference to Keynesian theory, which is why it's fascinating (like you said) when you take into consideration "hype" relative to true demand in commodities as it relates to the current volatility in pricing, in this case Jordan sneakers. Also, it makes you wonder how inflation truly is or isn't a factor because after all, certain sneakers are still priced the same way as they were in the 90s. 

But yeah, you may be right that the influx of mediums of communication and consumer options (i.e, social media, online purchasing) coupled by the worldwide proliferation of sneaker boutiques/consignment shops has undoubtedly led to volatility, namely because of competition alone.

Last edited:
Hmmm my footlocker app is broken. Even after a re-install. After I choose a size, it says "error when setting size, try again". I'm a plat too. Was there a solution that I missed?

Back
Top Bottom