Air Jordan 11 Space Jam-December 10, 2016-$220

WATER/MOISTURE SPEEDS UP THE YELLOWING PROCESS... TRY NOT TO WEAR THEM IN WET CONDITIONS....

AND WEARING THEM OFTEN ALSO SPEEDS UP THE YELLOWING.
Yep wet and humid conditions speeds up oxidation. That moisture on the wet ground will bond to the the clear sole and turn it colors. So this is why I only wear clear sole or white sole shoes on dry concrete. I will pick something else out of the collection on any other day

Yep wet and humid conditions speeds up oxidation. That moisture on the wet ground will bond to the the clear sole and turn it colors. So this is why I only wear clear sole or white sole shoes on dry concrete. I will pick something else out of the collection on any other day

YEP SAME HERE AS WELL AS CHECKING THE DAILY FORECAST.

Do you guys have any tips for cleaning the bottoms if moisture is a No-No?

Just a wipe with a dry cloth?

Do you guys have any tips for cleaning the bottoms if moisture is a No-No?

Just a wipe with a dry cloth?
Nah you still need water and soap for cleaning the soles. You just need to wipe dry and not let the moisture sit.

It's the combination of dirt and oxidation along with the water that turns it yellow. That's why they bottom of the sole will turn yellow even though the sides may still be crystal clear. So I clean the the sides and edges of the bottom after each wear. 

Last edited:

Nah you still need water and soap for cleaning the soles. You just need to wipe dry and not let the moisture sit.

It's the combination of dirt and oxidation along with the water that turns it yellow. That's why they bottom of the sole will turn yellow even though the sides may still be crystal clear. So I clean the the sides and edges of the bottom after each wear. 
Good tips my man!  Thanks.

I like how DJ Delz/Sneaker Addict on YouTube said if the outsole of your 11s don't yellow then it's fake lmao!

It only took 2 months of normal wear for my Space Jams outsoles that surround the traction pods to start yellowing.

Last edited:

I like how DJ Delz/Sneaker Addict on YouTube said if the outsole of your 11s don't yellow then it's fake lmao!

It only took 2 months of normal wear for my Space Jams outsoles that surround the traction pods to start yellowing.
LMAO funny comment by DJ Delz but anything white or clear will yellow. That's nature itself. It doesn't matter if its paint on a house or headlights on car. Oxidation will set in eventually no matter what it is.

LMAO funny comment by DJ Delz but anything white or clear will yellow. That's nature itself. It doesn't matter if its paint on a house or headlights on car. Oxidation will set in eventually no matter what it is.

The odd thing is I have other clear soled Nike kicks that take far more time to yellow. My XXX's are still going strong.

And Reebok has produced blue tinted clear soles that don't yellow at all.

The odd thing is I have other clear soled Nike kicks that take far more time to yellow. My XXX's are still going strong.

And Reebok has produced blue tinted clear soles that don't yellow at all.
Man that tint on the Answers is dang near royal blue though. It definitely will take a while. But the crystal clear soles will yellow. I've seen DS pairs of answers lows that yellow. Oxidation is oxidation. Limiting air and moisture is all you can do. And that's an oxymoron in tearms of jordans 2 to 6 because they need air and moisture to prevent cracking lmao. Balance is key...gotta wear them sparingly. That's why I double up on my favorite clear sole shoes. Heck I got 3 space jams...its my grail.

Finish line just posted a restock 30 minutes ago. As of this message sizes 8, 8.5, 10, 10.5, 11.5 available.

My 2014 Concord lows are now starting to yellow but mostly on the bottom. The sides are still blue and I have worn them about 30 times since I got them. When I don't wear them I clean the bottom and put them back in the box and in my bedroom closet. The dark cool closet help slow down the yellowing. I haven't worn my 2016 SJ yet but I'll see how they hold up once I wear them. My 2009 pair yellowed faster than any other 11 I have. Those thing yellowed after wearing them 15 times. Less than three months. Must be the humidity and hot weather in Houston. The Cool Greys and Concords were Icy for about a year than they started yellowing.

Just bought these off eBay for 254 shipped how'd I do?
I'd say you did well!

I copped off StockX two weeks ago $258 shipped.  We paid retail + tax + shipping (ish) 
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom