Air Jordan 11 Space Jam-December 10, 2016-$220

JB should release those cw instead of Space Jam
nerd.gif
I feel you @619destroyer....

BUT

I think I've seen it all now....do the people who call out the white outline on the patent leather realize this is a cost reduction where the backside of the material is not dyed to match?
HAHA

no. This is absurd. That white line disappeared because they stopped using leather.

HAHA

no. This is absurd. That white line disappeared because they stopped using leather.

The two, white line and it not being real leather have nothing to do with each other.

While it's easy to take parts or read posts on the web in ways not intended, the point was the back of the patent leather brig white isn't a detail, it's actually lack of detail. It's not quality, it's lack of quality.

Then people are saying it's true to the OG, when many of the other details aren't.

Thats what Im getting at. Its laughable that you think it disappeared due to an INCREASE in quality. 

The white line may or may not have been an intended detail on the OG but the fact is it isn't really white at all, its light gray, or the color of the raw material being used. In this case its leather, the 'white line' is the rough side of the leather. 

They didn't start dying anything, the plastic they switched to is inherently black.

Thats what Im getting at. Its laughable that you think it disappeared due to an INCREASE in quality. 

The white line may or may not have been an intended detail on the OG but the fact is it isn't really white at all, its light gray, or the color of the raw material being used. In this case its leather, the 'white line' is the rough side of the leather. 

They didn't start dying anything, the plastic they switched to is inherently black.
so. .......you're trying to fact check homie about materials, then you refer to the new material as plastic?

Last edited:
Wore the Cool Grays from '10 yesterday putting in raffles for the XIIs this weekend. Thought I was going to have to hand one guy his eyes back into his head. I've only worn them like 5x and still mostly clear soles.

Looking forward to December but closer it gets the wilder this thread will become.

Agree the rough side of the patent is unfinished. That's what I was saying.

Plastic is a synthetic material and cannot be inherently (somethings natural state) black. In no way am I saying the patent leather is plastic, simply pointing out something not natural cannot be naturally a specific color.

On the positive side, we're both laughing.

Last edited:
regardless of the unfinished PL being white (which its not) or off white it is still the OGs way of releasing and it looks a ton better. whether that makes them cost less to make or not is not the point. give us the OG cut and look and we will be happy.

The OGs had leather backing the patent membrane. The retros had synthetic leather (plastic) behind it. That's why the 'white line' is on the OGs. How is this even a debate? The two versions don't even feel alike.

Last edited:
if its not a xi from 95-96 or 2000-2001 i dont want them the change in quality is too much its disrespectful how they are giving the world these trashcan versions of the xi now days unless they completely get it right like the old days forget it

Plot twist. What if they actually drop both shoes, with the 45 and 23 on the heel, except make the black concord PE version super limited and the regular space jam version a super GR. I bet all of you would be in for the 45 then.

Told y'all boys early on in the thread that they were gonna have the 45 on em. Had dudes ready to get at my neck talking about "they're a retro of the movie pair not his actual PE" :lol:

Now y'all squirming trying to convince yourself that you like 45 on the back. Space Jams have always been overrated and Nike throwing the 45 on the back and using the concord purple should deflate the hype, I'm glad. Only 3 color ways of the 11's matter TO ME anyway....

Correction :rolleyes

Everyone unhappy with XI retros should really send JB a message and boycott these this year, word is bond on a bag of chico stics :smile:

Plot twist. What if they actually drop both shoes, with the 45 and 23 on the heel, except make the black concord PE version super limited and the regular space jam version a super GR. I bet all of you would be in for the 45 then.

I couldnt care less, with the jumpman facing the correct direction on the left shoe, I am in for multiple pairs, regardless of number on the back.

And to be clear, I like both the number 23 and 45, so it does not matter which one releases.

Last edited:
I couldnt care less, with the jumpman facing the correct direction on the left shoe, I am in for multiple pairs, regardless of number on the back.

And to be clear, I like both the number 23 and 45, so it does not matter which one releases.
amen, they should release both as a super GR so i can have both just like everyone else who wants a pair, and you cant say you want OG or 2000-2001 quality because they arent the same. The difference from CDP XIs and 2001 XIs is the same from OGs to the 2000-2001s. OGs are in another universe

Last edited:
amen, they should release both as a super GR so i can have both just like everyone else who wants a pair, and you cant say you want OG or 2000-2001 quality because they arent the same. The difference from CDP XIs and 2001 XIs is the same from OGs to the 2000-2001s. OGs are in another universe
2000/2001 is the last time they got it right with the xi after that it was down hill in no way did i say the 2000/01 was better than the o.gs but the 2000/01 xi was decent still fly  nice quality

Last edited:

2000/2001 is the last time they got it right with the xi after that it was down hill in no way did i say the 2000/01 was better than the o.gs but the 2000/01 xi was decent still fly  nice quality

View media item 2046225

Back
Top Bottom