Air Jordan 12 “Dark Concord” October 23 $190

I think these could’ve been a home run but they made terrible material choices. The back tab should be black. Maybe make the lace holders silver. I think these would’ve been flames with just that little pop of concord on the side. Either that or go full on playoff colorblocking. I also think regular concord would’ve worked a lot better than metallic.

I think these could’ve been a home run but they made terrible material choices. The back tab should be black. Maybe make the lace holders silver. I think these would’ve been flames with just that little pop of concord on the side. Either that or go full on playoff colorblocking. I also think regular concord would’ve worked a lot better than metallic.

I agree with everything you said about how it should have been executed. They should have also used that traditional leather instead of that ashy look material.

If these had more purple, it would have appealed real good to Lakers fans despite them not looking like an exact replication of what Gary Payton wore when he played for the Lakers.

Did the nubuck 12s get this much disdain? It's basically the same blocking.

No.
Completely different time and a completely different type of release.

The nubuck 12’s realeased at a time when retros weren’t available in the vast colorful array that they are today. Back then we were barely scratching the surface of retro+ colorways, we would be fortunate to see 2 or 3 numbered models being retro’d in the same fiscal year.

The nubucks released as a package, it was the retro 12’s and an accompanying hoddie (hoodie was thick too! decent quality as well). To all us this was something new and really cool, JB giving us our favored retros in new and nspiring colorways, not the hash and retread that we see today.

Let me make this clear, I’m not hating on this Colorway. It’s the color blocking that’s pissing me off!!
It was such an easy lay up to give us purple rands on the medial and lateral side as most 12’s do, hell is what we all expected with the recent trend of giving us old PE colorways.

From the Ray Allen 7’s and 13’s to GP/Lakers 12’s, to Rip Hamilton 14’s.
It’s what we’ve been craving and asking for years!!!
But as usual here comes Gentry and his misguided ideology of preserving OG collectors pride.
Its complete bullshhhhh!!
No different than our president pandering to the affluent 10% and giving the masses crumbs.

I don’t want to spin this in a negative way but what else can we say about a guy who will release half @ssed colorways in order to protect some rich guys investments from losing value.

Over 90% of the loyal fan base wants something but you deny it to them till you can squeeze every variable combination of black/purple before giving the masses what they wanted from the jump.

*end rant*

PS these are my OG nubucks that we’re lost in my garage for years till Covid had me reorganizing stuff....
3183F62E-D031-4B9B-8189-8CFDB19722EB.jpeg

Last edited:
These are better than the Master 12.

I agree with this despite still being pissed off these lack a boatload of purple. I never understood the fascination with the Master XII. What was so special about a predominantly black as hell shoe with teeny hints of white? The Master XII was one of the most uninspired shoes I ever saw in my life based on color scheme.

IMO, Almost anything is better than the Master joints

Correction, anything is better than the Master XII. They really lacked creativity with those based on the execution.

I was hoping for more purple on the sneaker

Trust me, damn near all of us on here were as well. Damn Jordan Brand has to piss us off with this finished product though.

And speaking of the Master XII, I gladly passed on them in 2015 on release day. I had a cool a%$ former associate who was an assistant manager at a Champs and he offered to hook me up with them with his discount since they still had a limited amount of sizes left at his store, but I spurned it because I wasn't feeling the colorway. I never regretted passing on them nearly 5 years later.

Last edited:
Nope. Still take Master 12's over these.

master-jordan-12s_r8nzhg.jpeg

Uh oh, will the Master XII become a polarizing thing on here now? :emoji_laughing:

But come to think about it, it's basically the same difference with these dark concord XII because it's a predominantly black shoe with teeny hints of purple instead of teeny hints of white like on the Master XII in those same spots.

What killed the Concord 12's is the banana shape and nubuck. They would've looked a lot better if they were a leather.

I finally made my decision to pass on these due to severe lack of purple and ashy look of the material, but I will relent and get them if they're still available on the Foot Locker Inc. sites by the time they remove the discount restriction on them.

I wouldn't mind getting them on discount with gift cards I already have since I can use a black with purple shoe albeit these having minimal purple on them.

Are these a sell out day 1 type shoe or will they sit? It seems like Jordans don't sit anymore lol.

This is another instance of the initial mockups being better than the actual release BUT I still like these enough to cop a pair.

Back
Top Bottom