AIR JORDAN 12 Cherry Holiday 2023 - Release October 28, 2023 - Good Luck!!!

Popularity in your school or neighborhood perhaps.

Internet/social media wasn’t out back then, so cats really don’t know what was goin on around the world, sneaker wise.

Vibes and popularity was much more regional.

Yeah. There are people on here who say the Concords rotted in their area. All I know for certain is those things were basically lit on release day in the greater Detroit area. I slept in that day without ever thinking of it. Went out to the malls around 4 pm and was shocked I got the last size 11 from Champs and everyone else was sold out. To me, that’s the shoe that changed everything in terms of availability forever.

Last edited:
Popularity in your school or neighborhood perhaps.

Internet/social media wasn’t out back then, so cats really don’t know what was goin on around the world, sneaker wise.

Vibes and popularity was much more regional.

I’m glad somebody pointed this out…

Around my way (Vegas) the colorways with red in them were always the hottest…UNLV of course…While stuff like the Columbia 11’s sat…Now ask somebody who came up in North Carolina how the UNC flavored pairs moved around their way…I bet you’d get a different answer…

Some sizes here in case you’ve been hibernating

These and the taxis are my favorite 12s, the others do nothing for me.
1698631649648.png

When playoffs first dropped they were way better than taxis. In hindsight the taxis are the superior colorway. Followed by these WhT/red

Reactions: [ ]
Definitely facts. White/red 12’s are only 12 colorway that sat when originally released. Even the Obsidians flew off the shelf a month later. Guy a couple pages back said he went to get the Flu’s and they were sold out but still had these and that was 2 months after the fact. I had a similar situation happen to me. Same happened with White/red 13’s. White/red was looked at as a boring colorway back then. Everyone went crazy for a blk/red release. The Blk/red 11’s along with the blk/red pinstripe Bulls jersey started that hype. The internet has changed a lot when it comes to popularity but you can’t rewrite history. The same thing that happened yesterday happened in 97. They sat.

These are definitely the GOAT of 12s and i initially hated the mode when they dropped in 1996. I thought they were a terrible follow up to the 11s. These sold really well in the Chicago area from what i remember. The only reason the Taxis may have sold more is because they were the first colorway to release and had the hype of being the very first out the gate so more people wanted them. I never really saw anyone wearing Obsidians and i consider those the worst colorway of the original lineup.

These are definitely the GOAT of 12s and i initially hated the mode when they dropped in 1996. I thought they were a terrible follow up to the 11s. These sold really well in the Chicago area from what i remember. The only reason the Taxis may have sold more is because they were the first colorway to release and had the hype of being the very first out the gate so more people wanted them. I never really saw anyone wearing Obsidians and i consider those the worst colorway of the original lineup.
1698635861835.png

GOAT. Holy grail of em all

The eyelets and carbon fiber on the Taxis give them that extra drip. It was an elegant shoe when it came out and really raised eyebrows in a different way than the flash of the patent leather. Taxis are still the GOAT 12 for me. Followed by these.

While we’re on pre-internet. I remember these as the Rising Sun 12s because the Japan flag colors + the design of the sun rays used on the uppers. Obviously pre 2009 Rising Sun gimmick release.

Anyhow these were the first Jordan I put on my feet. 2009 release were so bad and I had a ‘97 pair I passed. These are much better. Wish they got the mudguard right. The exaggerated curve is slightly obnoxious but I’ll live.

taxis would be an insane black friday kick for 2024. black fridays dont go hard like they used to with og jordans retros lol
They already releasing a taxi/red in 2024, wouldnt be difficult to end the year with release of the actual taxis
1698643041759.png

Yeah, I had the playoff 12's but eventually just sold em. The only 12's that I know I would for sure keep now are cherry's and taxi's.
That's where I'm at and I've owned all of them. Though I do really like both AMM pairs. I could live waiting until 25 for a pair of taxis done to OG specs. Those red taxis aren't for me.

Back
Top Bottom