AIR JORDAN 12 RETRO - BLACK/WHITE/RED - 130690-001 - CONFIRMED 4/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Ya'll sound dumb as hell...who the hell made it a rule to wear "heat" to go buy shoes?

Everytime I go "camp" I wear comfy shoes...Vans, Frees, AM, etc...

Some of ya'll speak some dumbness.
I feel you. That is why I usually wear AM 95's and wore them to this release. I will never wear "heat" to a new release especially if I have to wait more than a couple of hours.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Barely made it to NTSF to pick up my pair from the twitter thing.
First time going there.
Traffic sucked *!! after I crossed that toll fee bridge.
Walked in not expecting to go up 5 floors to get to them lol.
Walked up to register at 12:59:31 , right before that 1pm mark.

No hangtag though.

Liking them though, happy with my purchase.

Damn Memphis, I wanted those Cannons. I feel like you pushed my kid out the way

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

a $35 profit

Biggest Flaw In Your Concept.....

I Don't Know About You, But I'm Not Waiting An Hour+ In ANY Line For A Meer 35 Bucks Profit
laugh.gif

Not To Mention Time And Gas Spent To Go To And From A Store, And Then Eventually Over To The Post To Ship....... I Would Say These Factors Are The MAIN Reasons You See Resell Prices Asking $80+ Over Retail
wink.gif

Though I was able to get two pair and I have one on the way. I will say Footlocker corp will be getting a call on Monday.
I absolutely HATE my local HOH. The employees are like prison guards.. Walking around thinking they control the universe on release dates...

Went to ntla and got another one of my size after they lifted the twitter reserves and sold the rest to the customers i was 18th in line and it was the last size. I am happy and will gladly wear these. Too bad though after awhile they yellow. but that's the way it goes. Also to my other buds that i hooked up and my other size i got in foot locker and champs online last night, it is gonna be here end of week i believe.

Originally Posted by So Much Sole 23

a $35 profit

Biggest Flaw In Your Concept.....

I Don't Know About You, But I'm Not Waiting An Hour+ In ANY Line For A Meer 35 Bucks Profit
laugh.gif

Not To Mention Time And Gas Spent To Go To And From A Store, And Then Eventually Over To The Post To Ship....... I Would Say These Factors Are The MAIN Reasons You See Resell Prices Asking $80+ Over Retail
wink.gif

i feel where your coming from don't get me wrong,  personally unless i was making a significant profit i wouldn't even bother waiting in line at all and if i were to wait on line for a few hours with the intent of turning a profit i wouldn't move em for a small profit either. however seeing how a good chunk of past releases have been, those who panic and need to have the shoes right now and right away will overpay and cop for around $270,  once everyone that HAS to have them get em, the prices drop and that's how it is with almost every release. you need to strike when the iron is hot. those who didn't get $280 or so for their pairs by the end of this weekend are most likely going to end up selling their pairs for less then what they would've liked to get for them.

i've seen ds 2004 playoff xii's sell on here in the $210-220 range as recent as a few months back,  chicago x's have been listed on here for what i would consider to be reasonable prices, i remember seeing dudes paying $350 for the yellow foams, a week and a half later they were selling for retail, tax, and shipping.  i can't knock dudes getting their money but those who don't maximize profits during the intial weekend of the release usually end up selling for less then they wanted.

You guys are getting the whole wearing heats to buy kicks wrong. I didn't say that there was any kind of rules rockin "heats" to buy shoes. And with the topic of comfort. Do you guys not think J's are comfort. Like c'mon. What's the point of buying shoes if you ain't gonna rock em anywhere. That's stupid %!% f*ck to buy shoes and not wear them. And you would think going to buy J's you'd see other people bringing out their kicks. And no it's not no fashion show. I never leave my house not laced up in anything nice but that does not mean that I'm hating on anyone. Every one I see going to buy J's are bummy %!% f*ck. But yet I ain't no hater. Im not a person to brag about what I have either but for the hard work and money and time going to get these things imma make use of it. And the vans part. I own more pair of vans that I do J's so why would I hate. On the side note vans are not fckin comfortable. They'll hurt your heels the libger you have em on. You guys think you're so mature blasting on the newbies on this forum but you guys are probably the same one that talk smack to others that don't got what you got.

PrinceofDE - I'm tired of seeing post of you ragging on people about sh*t. Yeah I called you out cause you be the biggest hater on this forum. Who the hell uses Tyga as their avatar anyways. Yeah tyga tight but you obviously checking em out too much.

I tried to be as friendly as can be on this forum but enough is enough.

Originally Posted by badboy074

Went to ntla and got another one of my size after they lifted the twitter reserves and sold the rest to the customers i was 18th in line and it was the last size. I am happy and will gladly wear these. Too bad though after awhile they yellow. but that's the way it goes. Also to my other buds that i hooked up and my other size i got in foot locker and champs online last night, it is gonna be here end of week i believe.

So 18 people who had shoes reserved did not show? What time did you get there? Did they release those shoes at 5:01?

^^^ True dat about vans not being as comfy as some of you guys claim. Them shoes hurt like hell after rocking them for a few hours

So Much Sole 23 wrote:
Woke Up This Morning With ZERO Intentions Of Picking Up This Release...... Decided It Best To Go Have A Look In Person At The Quality So As I Wasn't Regretful Down The Line For Passing On 'Em.... 

I won't even requote the entire post.

Its starts off with an ORLY? and end with an ORLY?

Thanks for the reading 'internetainment' before I crash.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

I hate when lines end up being a fashion show. The people in line are 95% males and 5% underrage females. Who are you trying to impress. The main objective is to buy shoes and you should focus on that. At the Cement IV line, this dude and his girl were taking turns every 15 mins or so going to the bathroom to change shoes. Like, the dude would get up and his girl would watch his spot and vice versa. They whipped out '99 Cements, 01 Black Cements, etc. Don't get me wrong, they had heat, but they also looked extremely stupid changing shoes every 15 minutes.

tumblr_m2lsys837A1r6jwmd.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Releventmuzik

Though I was able to get two pair and I have one on the way. I will say Footlocker corp will be getting a call on Monday.
I absolutely HATE my local HOH. The employees are like prison guards.. Walking around thinking they control the universe on release dates...

you need to call their corporate offices on 34th st and send them an email as well if they pulled some shady stuff. 

too many of these minimum wage warriors are gassed up and their shady tactics on release dates are a joke.

how does a store get 150 pairs but only sell 80 of those pairs to customers (something that's happened around my way before)  employees got heated at me as i told people in the line that the store had 80 pairs for regular customers, and 70 other pairs held down for resellers, employees and their friends which was true. regular customers have a 1 pair limit but if your in good with an employee you can walk out with 4-5 pairs. it's rediculous.  a few months ago an employee had a slick attitude with me,  i told him that he damn well wouldn't pop off like that and act smug if he were outside his place of employment.  i've gotten a few footlocker employees fired around my way when the situation warranted calls being made to corporate due to shady tactics they pulled which caused me to not be able to get sneakers on their release date.

their an at will employer and can be fired at any given time,  if they screw you over and pull shady stuff, make that call to corporate, if more people started doing that to shady sneaker store employees results would happen quicker.

Originally Posted by marcushatten

Originally Posted by malcmoney

whos buying these for 300?

People are buggin thinkin they are gonna get that much. I woulnt pay over 200 shipped
its rediculous,  dudes will pull some "but those are ebay prices"  "flight club sells em for that much" 
laugh.gif

these dudes who get overly greedy price themselves out though.  it's one thing to sell em for around 230 shipped,  after paypal fees and shipping you end up with about a $35 profit and your stuff moves quickly,  dudes that want $270-280 or so end up screwing themselves in the long run,  they end up relisting their stuff over and over again because no one is going to pay their prices. they might get a sucker or 2 that panic on the release date, but aside from those people, most that missed out tend to hold out for the most reasonable price around.

on another note what's comedic to me is these clowns on the niketalk facebook talkin about "highest offer is so and so price."   if you want people to bid on your stuff stop being cheap and list em on ebay.    that highest offer crap is a joke,  most of the time the "highest offers" aren't even legit and if they are and you get a good offer your foolish to put that buyer on hold for a few days while you "test the waters" because if you do that, the majority of the time that potential buyer is going to take their money elsewhere.

anyhow enough with my rant.
the Flight club quote is the best. Are you kiddin me? Yea thats what they charge, and they are also the most marked up sneaker store in the country i think. I always loved sneakers, but never got into it, like collecting until maybe 4 years ago. I remember when i first found out about flight club i thought it was the greatest thing ever. Then i realized its horrible, If you have money its cool, or if you need that one pair and u saved up for it, bc u cudnt find it anywhere else. But FC prices are insane. If im in the area ill always stop by, i check the sale section of the website here and there, but for the average guy who just likes sneakers, flightclub is out of the question. wayy too expensive. although i did cop a pair of military blue IVs that were like 130 bucks but had to be bought in store bc they were conditional. One small speck of blue paint on the mid sole was missing. litterally like twice the size of a pin head. I think the other pairs were 350 at the time

I wish I was lying, but I'm really not. Everyone was all
eek.gif
at first, but after the 3rd round or so of them switching shoes, everyone was
grin.gif
because they realized how corny they are.

As for wearing heat at a line, cool whatever. The issue is when you're doing it just to say, "Hey, look at me!". I would just wear what I would wear every other day. As said, the main objective is getting shoes, not impressing males and underrage females. Stick to that.

Originally Posted by MILLION DOLLAR STACKS

Rex its like that bruh?!
30t6p3b.gif
these dudes are going too far.

unfortuantely it is.

i'm a realist, i realize employees having the upperhand at getting their pairs is inevitable and they should be able to get their pairs as they work there but when it's abused it's a problem,  when stores are known to cater to resellers that pay the managers off, it's a big problem as customers who try to get their shoes the honest way are screwed over by a store that's managed by someone with ulterior motives going agianst company policy.  some of these employees don't even make the effort to hide the fact that they take care of their vip's and personally that stuff should be done discretely as it's going to piss off everyone else.

problem is alot of people are cool with getting played and don't take the time to voice their opinion to corporate about what's going on.   when complaints are made regularly and it becomes a black eye for the company, actions end up getting taken on the shady employees.

I wear whatever I'm gonna wear for the day with the rest of my clothes. The people who want to stunt at the mall are people who care about others wearing their same mass produced sneaker and think they are unique for buying Jordans or Nikes. The fact is I'm closer to 30 than 20 and what some 17 or 18 year old kids are wearing or what they think of me is irrelevant. You just have to keep in mind that the HS sneakerhead contingent at the mall is often not the sharpest tools in the shed. They think all there is to the world is impressing with your sneakers or clothes. It's nice to feel confident and be dressed in stuff you're proud of and that represents you, but the vast majority of sneakerheads at the mall get dirty looks from everyone else there who think they're either aggressive punks (shouting and talking %+%# after getting their shoes), or spoiled brats that wreak of materialism. It's hard for me to get caught up in "the scene" when I can't relate to most anyone in it these days.

Originally Posted by trappedintime
it's not even that.
you see some kids on line that are just socially awkward.

I think sneakers are so popular nowadays because it's an icebreaker for some people.

they can join a forum to find friends online and be heard.

they can talk on line on a friday night to sat morning.

I've seen dudes "camp" for kicks and not even cop a pair, just tag along with a friend.

they're not sneakerheads, they're just mingling in their own way 
laugh.gif

I've even seen some  "OG" sneakerheads spend all day and night talking about kicks on facebook 
laugh.gif
alien.gif

Originally Posted by Releventmuzik

you need to call their corporate offices on 34th st and send them an email as well if they pulled some shady stuff. 

too many of these minimum wage warriors are gassed up and their shady tactics on release dates are a joke.

how does a store get 150 pairs but only sell 80 of those pairs to customers (something that's happened around my way before)  employees got heated at me as i told people in the line that the store had 80 pairs for regular customers, and 70 other pairs held down for resellers, employees and their friends which was true. regular customers have a 1 pair limit but if your in good with an employee you can walk out with 4-5 pairs. it's rediculous.  a few months ago an employee had a slick attitude with me,  i told him that he damn well wouldn't pop off like that and act smug if he were outside his place of employment.  i've gotten a few footlocker employees fired around my way when the situation warranted calls being made to corporate due to shady tactics they pulled which caused me to not be able to get sneakers on their release date.

their an at will employer and can be fired at any given time,  if they screw you over and pull shady stuff, make that call to corporate, if more people started doing that to shady sneaker store employees results would happen quicker.
They were letting their friends get 3-4 tickets. 
Letting friends cut lines.. Putting there hands on people. 

Talking so disrespectfully... It's almost like they don't want to sell to us.  

Originally Posted by AirJaiden

^I may rock a pair of heat to buy shoes but that is so absurd. Ignorant actually.

yea there is nothing wrong w/ it. especially in the summer you dont have to worry bout the elements messin up ur kicks as much. ( i tend to wear more of my heat on nice days, as im sure most of you do) but changing shoes? Even wearing an extremely rare or OG pair if your not changing, still its just another way of wearing a sign that says PLEASE PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE, STARE AT ME. Ive seen pics posted online of ppl in line for jordan releases in yeezys and bred XIs or OG 3's or Laneys, south beaches. Im like what are you doin, if i had those shoes, yes i would wear em, but not waitin in line for kicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom