Air Jordan 13 "Flint" May 30, 2020

The faux outrage and complaints about this shoe are way over exaggerated IMO. Some of you guys are acting like the leather is as hard as a steel toe boot or something and that’s just not true. It’s not the best leather by far but it is adequate enough for this shoe and pretty much the same as the 2010 pair. It’s tumbled because the OGs were tumbled, just with softer leather. Vote with your wallet and don’t copp if you’re so disappointed then. Different iterations of the 13s do not look drastically different from one another when on feet in general (with ‘17 Breds being the only exception) so I’m not impressed with all these new found complaints about shape. ‘05s and ‘10s look damn near identical shape wise and these ‘20s look the same once you loosen the laces and put them on foot. Good lord, they bring back Navy and 3M and dudes just find a new thing to moan and complain about. Now it’s shape, leather, and medial toe rand spacing...smh. Yet still buy the shoe? I don’t get it. And yes I’m complaining about the complainers so come at me bro idc lol. Acting like these are 2018 Black Cement 3 levels of altered/bad. It’s not bro. Stop.

this x1000. Most of the mid 2000’s retros were trash compared to the models today.

Hibbetts raffle live
Screenshot_20200523-123532_Hibbett  City Gear.jpg

I'm old enough to remember, when these dropped in 2010 dudes were saying the 3m was to flashy. And they were "too old to wear them". So they claimed they loved the 2010 joints... I still don't believe that

lol I remember that. They were just trying to justify their purchase.
3M>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>no 3M It’s the way the shoes were designed to be.

One of my friends who isn't into sneakers at all saw how excited I was to have these and then fell in love with the 13 when I showed her the in-hand pics after I got em.

I had to help her find a GS Bred 13 last night lol. It's already become her favorite sneaker. Entering raffles for her to get the Flints too.

I've said it like 5 times in this thread, but this is a top 3 sneaker ever for me (behind the Bred 13 and Last Shot). I am so exited to finally have a pair to wear after 23 years, once I finish the quadruple up for me and my brother.

In my opinion, I believe that the taller tongue had to contribute to the younger generation. They love to tuck there jeans underneath the tongue as to in the 90 and early 2000’s, we wore loose fit that Would cover the shoe. So they brought back the old school with a new school twist. Just in my opinion.

The 13s are my favorite Jordan model. People in here talking about the complaints are over exaggerated. If JB gives us a respectable shape(not OG identical just respectable) then most people will overlook any other flaw with the shoe no matter what model it is. Most of the complaints are about the shape. Just like with the black/red ‘17 we finally get the 3m back just to get it slapped on a banana shaped shoe that doesn’t look good from any angle or imagination. So it’s like ok here you can have the 3m but we gon butcher the shape and tongue. Lol don’t act like any shape has always been acceptable if you cop that’s fine but people that ain’t coppin I completely understand. They are bananas wit the 3m everyone wanted it is what it is 🤷🏽‍♂️. The island green 13s and the upcoming lucky greens have better shape than both of these classic colorways

‘04 bred
671FD793-19E5-4CCF-8F52-3DDE49BDDE2E.jpeg

‘17 bred
153F8929-1970-49D1-8166-89AB7537CABD.jpeg

‘10 flint
F39B1506-2B73-4DFB-BBAF-EDEDC53E9E95.jpeg

‘20 flint
A236B9A5-230F-4E1E-9956-5553554154BA.jpeg

The 13s are my favorite Jordan model. People in here talking about the complaints are over exaggerated. If JB gives us a respectable shape(not OG identical just respectable) then most people will overlook any other flaw with the shoe no matter what model it is. Most of the complaints are about the shape. Just like with the black/red ‘17 we finally get the 3m back just to get it slapped on a banana shaped shoe that doesn’t look good from any angle or imagination. So it’s like ok here you can have the 3m but we gon butcher the shape and tongue. Lol don’t act like any shape has always been acceptable if you cop that’s fine but people that ain’t coppin I completely understand. They are bananas wit the 3m everyone wanted it is what it is 🤷🏽‍♂️. The island green 13s and the upcoming lucky greens have better shape than both of these classic colorways

‘04 bred

‘17 bred

‘10 flint

‘20 flint
That's what i don't understand...even those

‘04 bred

‘17 bred

‘10 flint

‘20 flint
Thats what i don't understand..youre right! Even upcoming lucky green 13s has a better shape than the flints! Unbelievable how u messed up the shape of a shoe,thats supposed to be flat base on the ground..cmon jb!

All you have to do is wear them and the banana shape goes away for the most part.

everyone has their own opinion but the shape is just off, everything else cool. If that was the case I would have kept the ‘17 breds. Quick search of on feet pics of each retro will show the difference. Again the shape doesn’t have to be og identical just respectable. They managed to give us respectable shape on the island greens and upcoming lucky greens 🤔

Last edited:
everyone has their own opinion but the shape is just off, everything else cool. If that was the case I would have kept the ‘17 breds. Quick search of on feet pics of each retro will show the difference. Again the shape doesn’t have to be og identical just respectable. They managed to give us respectable shape on the island greens and upcoming lucky greens 🤔
I have the 2017 Black/Reds and I love them. Once you wear them the shape changes.
I’m not going to sit here with a magnifying glass and complain about every little difference from OG. I had OG Black/Reds and the 2017 reminds me of when I had the OG ‘s, are they exactly the same? No but they look pretty much the same when I wear them and that’s all that matters to me.

I have the 2017 Black/Reds and I love them. Once you wear them the shape changes.
I’m not going to sit here with a magnifying glass and complain about every little difference from OG. I had OG Black/Reds and the 2017 reminds me of when I had the OG ‘s, are they exactly the same? No but they look pretty much the same when I wear them and that’s all that matters to me.

that’s respectable but you don’t need a magnifying glass or a double take to notice the shape it’s the first flaw you notice. I really was just getting at the fact that people saying it’s over exaggerating or nitpicking to mention this issue especially when they give the right shape on colorways nobody wants. I understand those who feel it’s a non issue since it’s still a sick colorway with 3m but I also don’t feel like anybody is complaining when shape is usually a major deal for any model in the JB forum

Back
Top Bottom