Air Jordan 13 White/Red To Release Spring 2017

So if we ain't buying for the raised price then we aren't REAL Jordan heads? :lol:

Naaaaah man - I meant that they knew people that want and appreciate the shoes would pay the extra price, which would weed out resellers because of a cut in their profits.

I will always stand by the fact that Nike started producing enough to keep demand as the reason for reselling falling off.
Consumers have a hard time keeping up with all of the releases as it is now.

It's a mixture of the increased production on retros and the price increase. Consumers can't keep up with all the releases anymore especially when other brands are starting to cater to the "hypebeasts" nowadays.

They seem to be alive and well for me and the people that really care about owning/wearing the shoe and not the hype.

I'll take first come first serve all day, I don't care if I have to buy my retros from a Nike Outlet, I wear/buy what I like - not what 20-somethings deem to he "lit" "cool" "hyped" or "fashionable."

Honestly, what percentage of the population can really keep up with every Nike/Jordan release and cop every single pair of retro/OG remaster every single week without breaking the bank and sacrificing their budget? Not to mention, keep up with every Boost, NMD, Yeezy drop if you're the type to collect both Adidas and Jordan.

The fact of the matter is, there's way too many options now. And this is good for the sneaker game and even better for the consumer.

Being able to pick and choose which pair you wanna cop this month amidst a ton of hot new releases is a good problem to have. 

The meeting I went to with execs and other folks on the rung at Nike said "how do we kill resellers?" Everyone in the focus group said make more and kill the atc/bot community. A couple months later...."the remastered" jig was unveiled.

The move back to FCFS is exactly how the sneaker game should be like. Raffling off shoes has always been a joke, but it was necessary. Now that production and supply have increased in an economy that has recovered from the recession, things are slowly coming back to normalcy.

I'm sure all these things factor in, whatever the reason is I'm happy to see the hype moving away from GR retro J's. The limited/collaboration stuff is still hyped but I don't want any of that stuff anyway. :lol:

The meeting I went to with execs and other folks on the rung at Nike said "how do we kill resellers?" Everyone in the focus group said make more and kill the atc/bot community. A couple months later...."the remastered" jig was unveiled.

Pretty much. You raise the price and make more pairs now that shoes are bigger than ever, you kill the resell game. It's simple.

Honestly, what percentage of the population can really keep up with every Nike/Jordan release and cop every single pair of retro/OG remaster every single week without breaking the bank and sacrificing their budget? Not to mention, keep up with every Boost, NMD, Yeezy drop if you're the type to collect both Adidas and Jordan.

The fact of the matter is, there's way too many options now. And this is good for the sneaker game and even better for the consumer.

Being able to pick and choose which pair you wanna cop this month amidst a ton of hot new releases is a good problem to have. 
​Already!

I'm sure all these things factor in, whatever the reason is I'm happy to see the hype moving away from GR retro J's. The limited/collaboration stuff is still hyped but I don't want any of that stuff anyway. :lol:

Exactly. I set a $60-80 price point on js and other retros.

Being patient has proved successful too.

I love it when I read someone say they're done with JB retros. Gives me hope that days like today will continue. Love easy cops.

I've always said that 30-40 years from now, when MJ is long gone from this earth, the OG Air Jordan "Game Shoe" - in other words, the favorites/iconic ones that MJ himself wore during his career (e.g., AJ1 Bred, AJ 1 Black Toe, AJ4 WC, AJ11 Concord, AJ3 BC, etc - will be the mass produced shoes that you will see in every store, on every corner, like we do Adidas Superstars and Chuck Taylors.

By this time, those who watched MJ play or have any direct connection to anything MJ will either be old and senile or dead. There will be a whole new market of sneakerheads and I expect the Air Jordan Game Shoe to be commercialized en masse because by this point, the MJ Story and Legend will have been passed down multiple generations and "Jordan Hype" will be a long distant thing of the past.

Last edited:
I love it when I read someone say they're done with JB retros. Gives me hope that days like today will continue. Love easy cops.

Jays will definitely die back down again one day. Other **** becomes popular and raising the prices will drive people away.

When someone tells you, "I'm retiring from J's for good," he's lying to you.

Last edited:
Copped mine yesterday 18 Feb. 2017, my 1st 13 hi-top. My 1st ever 13 was the Bred low. Looking forward to the Playoff and Flint 13s! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

This seemed to be my exact logic with the marketing and boost in price and quantity.

JB knew they couldn't just raise the prices, so how do they keep consumers happy? Let's start a "remastered" campaign. I love the fact they are using OG boxes and treatment, and bringing back numerous loved retro's rather than shoddy colorways of the same sillioutes. I owned a pair, but the green glow 4's? But then you also have hits like the toro 4 - it's hit or miss.

I would still rather have an easily obtained, better quality (even if slightly) truest to OG form as possible shoe at $190 - than be running around, stressing out and striking out for non-OG retro's at $160.

Last edited:
I'm sure all these things factor in, whatever the reason is I'm happy to see the hype moving away from GR retro J's. The limited/collaboration stuff is still hyped but I don't want any of that stuff anyway.
laugh.gif
Truth!!!

Back
Top Bottom