Air Jordan 14 Retro - "Black Toe" White/ Varsity Red/ Black ~ Summer 2014 RD: 9/20/2014

after the 13 being such a great shoe, there was much expectation and anticipation for the xiv in '98. in the finals, u could barely catch glimpses of "whatever mike was wearing."

i'll never forget being in security mall the 1st time i laid eyes on the black toes. i was so disapointed. i thought they looked so generic and like a pair of team jays and not an actual pair of signature jordans. well, it was but a couple months probably before they grew on me and i copped a pair and i been in love ever since, with black toes and last shots in particular.

About as close as you can get to OG these days... I'll Take It! 
nthat.gif

And OG's over the Ribbed Look ANYDAY.

2005 Ribbed Look ain't bad at all & still look good, but they don't touch how Clean these 1998's are. 
mean.gif
I have a feeling that leather where the ribbed section is is going to be cheap. They should put Jordan 3 leather in that portion. IMO i think the thunder's would look better without the ribbs.

Last edited:

I have a feeling that leather where the ribbed section is is going to be cheap. They should put Jordan 3 leather in that portion. IMO i think the thunder's would look better without the ribbs.
HELL NO on that Jordan 3 Retro Leather!
sick.gif

That's the Worst Fake Tumbled Leather they've had out. I sold my Fire Red's bc of that stuff. SMH

From what I can tell right here, it looks pretty solid and thick, which is key to having that OG feel... I'm sure it won't be the same as OG, but atleast they're not over-doing the "Tumble"...

i remember when i had these they had a distinct smell and stayed that way even after wearing them to the ground.  I still have the OG's in my parents garage somewhere.  These were the first Jordan's I paid with my own monies (I was proud).

Hmmm. Overall the 2014 retro looks very good. But that photo in the car, the black suede part on the left next to the midsole looks tooooo thin cut.
hope that most pairs dont look like that.
And yes the ogs had a very strong smell due to the sticky painting on the midsoles which were extremely sticky that you absorbed all the dust and hair from the ground which was quite annoying.

Nah, the last shots are nice. Especially the way the black midsole/teeth area shines.
Wasn't talking about Last Shot's... I was referring to the XIV's that are releasing in the Pics above (top of the page).

There's plenty of GREAT OG XIV's to be Retro'd, but JB likes to Troll us with these BS 2014 Mockeries. 
mean.gif

Wasn't talking about Last Shot's... I was referring to the XIV's that are releasing in the Pics above (top of the page).

There's plenty of GREAT OG XIV's to be Retro'd, but JB likes to Troll us with these BS 2014 Mockeries. :smh:  
I agree but these are the deff gonna be bought. So far for me it's Black Toes>Red Suedes>>Thunders>>>>>Sport Blues

@seandon23  Oh yea, of course they're gonna be bought! Anything Retro sells these days no matter how Lackluster they are.

The only ones I'd even consider at 50% Off would be the Red Suede pair... but even then, there's OG's that deserve to Retro before any of these should see the light of day.

just going cop the Ferrari's and the black/yellow 14's

besides the Ferrari red 14's does anyone else think the black/yellow 14's and the other 14's will sell like all the jordan 2's released this year ?

dont know if i should cop now on iss for $229.99 or wait closer to retail

i cant see line up's or heavy online traffic on release date

the 14's was never a sellout shoe

Back
Top Bottom