pimp.gif
I'll definitely try to cop these

2012 will not be easy on the wallet though

Originally Posted by trappedintime

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

Originally Posted by moundraised23

So soon?
They milkin it

nothing new (BC IIIs, TB IIIs, Black/ metallic Vs, Last Shot XIVs, these, Flint XIIIs, Cardinal VIIs, etc) if they'll sell then JB will release em....I wouldn't be surprised if they retroed everything they've put out since 00 since this generation grew up with those CWs/ models.
People are idiots. 6 years is the TYPICAL cycle that they've done since the first retros came out. 88-94, 94-2000/2001 on 3's = 6 years. Hell, even the XIs were retro'd under that initially (5-6 years). When they re-retro a GR 3-4 years (i.e. the IX which has been the one that's overkill) you have a point. But the Bordeaux, Chicago 10's, etc... are the outliers, not the norm.
And please, Jordan Brand has another decade left at what they're doing before they stand to see a financial decline of any sort.

if you think that long, then okay, but I see them finally toppling in like five....they are Nike's cash cow and yeah they are milking it for all it's worth while they know people are still paying attention...I wonder why they retroed Altitude XIIIs and Chicagos though, because a few years ago, I would have never thought that those two would have rereleased, especially the Chicagos, that's why I think 5 years and not longer, they are trying to make the most money while they still have us paying attention. The idea that they'd retro something only people who really know the brand would know about is a sign to me that JB is desperate to keep us paying attention (black gold PL Is (samples from 85) from 03 were an exception to this) A couple of months ago before the pics spread around the web, if you down to your local HS and said "chicago X" and I would be willing to bet that  MOST wouldn't know what you were talking about, just like Shadow Xs when they rereleased in the CDP (most didn't know that was an OG CW)....the market today (mainstream America/ HB/ uninformed consumer) only knows what's in front of them at the current moment/ what they grew up with (00- now Jordans).....that is why these will sell and why JB will rerelease practically everything they have put out since 00 imo

Originally Posted by ijapino

I saw these pics posted on multiple websites but when I came across the news on Modern Notoriety I felt immediate anger when I saw they titled the post Air Jordan 14 “Candy Caine

Is it me, or the red on this looks dull compared to the OG's and even the 2006 retros? This red looks too dark on this retro.
Edit: The OG's had a brighter red compared to the 2006 retros.

Originally Posted by MrWavez

dtb00201 wrote:

the main consumer of JB (uninformed consumers who buy no matter what they put out, practically because Jordans are still a status symbol/ "hot"to them)....just look at how many people are wearing those grey XIVs, if I went back to my HS, I would bet that a lot of people would have these once they drop

Qualitybeast - A person on a message board who complains about the quality of sneakers they have never actually seen in person. They may pose as a certified leather expert and will spend hundreds of extra dollars just to have the previous iteration of a sneaker for their own elitist imagination.

so much truth...im finna start using this word.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by scoop99

Is it me, or the red on this looks dull compared to the OG's and even the 2006 retros? This red looks too dark on this retro.
Edit: The OG's had a brighter red compared to the 2006 retros.
they needed to change something to differentiate them

nothing new (BC IIIs, TB IIIs, Black/ metallic Vs, Last Shot XIVs, these, Flint XIIIs, Cardinal VIIs, etc) if they'll sell then JB will release em....I wouldn't be surprised if they retroed everything they've put out since 00 since this generation grew up with those CWs/ models.
People are idiots. 6 years is the TYPICAL cycle that they've done since the first retros came out. 88-94, 94-2000/2001 on 3's = 6 years. Hell, even the XIs were retro'd under that initially (5-6 years). When they re-retro a GR 3-4 years (i.e. the IX which has been the one that's overkill) you have a point. But the Bordeaux, Chicago 10's, etc... are the outliers, not the norm.
And please, Jordan Brand has another decade left at what they're doing before they stand to see a financial decline of any sort.

if you think that long, then okay, but I see them finally toppling in like five....they are Nike's cash cow and yeah they are milking it for all it's worth while they know people are still paying attention...I wonder why they retroed Altitude XIIIs and Chicagos though, because a few years ago, I would have never thought that those two would have rereleased, especially the Chicagos, that's why I think 5 years and not longer, they are trying to make the most money while they still have us paying attention. The idea that they'd retro something only people who really know the brand would know about is a sign to me that JB is desperate to keep us paying attention (black gold PL Is (samples from 85) from 03 were an exception to this) A couple of months ago before the pics spread around the web, if you down to your local HS and said "chicago X" and I would be willing to bet that  MOST wouldn't know what you were talking about, just like Shadow Xs when they rereleased in the CDP (most didn't know that was an OG CW)....the market today (mainstream America/ HB/ uninformed consumer) only knows what's in front of them at the current moment/ what they grew up with (00- now Jordans).....that is why these will sell and why JB will rerelease practically everything they have put out since 00 imo

Mans gotta point.My point is why drop these again when there are sooooooo many other options(esp of 14s) that have yet to be retroed? I remember bein in high school coppin the blue/blk 14s, aint seen sinceWhat about low 13s? Olive 9s? 16s?I'm just tired of seein the same $@*+ drop when there are sooooooo many other options

Why not drop them again though? Who's to say these are replacing anything? I don't think its an either or type deal. If they wanted to drop the other few og colors, they could. I dont believe these have any bearing on that.

^its just my opinion fam...
Jus spkn for myself here
I was fortunate enough to have the og's which I hooped in in high school and the recent retroes which have barely been worn. That and the fact that DS pairs can be found on NT for less than that tag they'll have.
I just feel like they could dropped other stuff instead of these and the "last shots" tbh
That's just me tho...I love the shoe, so don't get me wrong....wouldn't own it twice if I didn't

Originally Posted by dnob 04

JB is nutty... in two years this brand will be washed up

Yeah the $1 BILLION a year company will be washed up in two years. You're bright.
well it's not like they can release the same old stuff forever.....they'll wash up at some point.....
You and many others have been predicting the demise of Jordan Brand for years upon years on Niketalk...yet, Jordan Brand continues to put up sales gains on top of sales gains...enough already, honestly...it is just sad and annoying...

Umm...Air Force 1...Dunk...Air Max 95...Air Max 90...Air Max 1...Foamposite One/Pro (probably 20 more styles you could insert here)...

Nike/Jordan have built their company on iconic products that live on in the minds of consumers, products that may go up and down slightly in popularity...but, will always outsell 99% of anything else in the athletic footwear industry over the long haul...

Don't be one of "those people"...what you don't understand about this industry is that a "horrible" Jordan Retro release where you and others call "flop" or "rotting on shelves"...other companies would sell their soul for sales of what you consider a "flop"...

JM

Originally Posted by moundraised23

^its just my opinion fam...
Jus spkn for myself here
I was fortunate enough to have the og's which I hooped in in high school and the recent retroes which have barely been worn. That and the fact that DS pairs can be found on NT for less than that tag they'll have.
I just feel like they could dropped other stuff instead of these and the "last shots" tbh
That's just me tho...I love the shoe, so don't get me wrong....wouldn't own it twice if I didn't
Nah, I feel you. I think it would be great if all of the og color 14s dropped for the fans that want them. I just don't think anything needs to be replaced. There is plenty of room for everything.

the white/red XIV are the best looking colorway for this shoe IMO.
Sure the Last shots have the historical value due to MJ's
winning last shot in the NBA finals 1998 and he the Bulls
ever lost in those 3 matches he wore these.
But this colorway is by far more appealing. Imagine
MJ wearing these with Chicago Bull uniform
if he would have extended one more NBA season.
I also prefer the carbon fiber shankplate of these
over the riffked plastic ones which tend to scratched
a lot when wearing outside.

Cant fault JB for throwing out all the retros though. They do sell better than any new design . It is frustrating that the quality on retros is sometimes less than desired. The timing is about right though. Most of what I bought in 2006 is showing its age. Can not get my Military IV's white on the front/soles for the life of me...

Originally Posted by cw2022

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by datdude0903

this colorway is alright, but i really want some black toe XIVs..
without the holes on the sides...the originals from '98-'99 lockout season

Yes yes yes !!!!! My thoughts EXACTLY!!!

No holes and no stitched linings you mean
wink.gif
I had the ogs. Strangely the 2005 retrowas altered. Maybe jb was too lazyTo differ the two different upper styles.

Told myself I was not interested in the last retro until I saw them in person & it was a wrap copped on site,wished I doubled up back then won't make that mistake this time.

Uhhh, reading comprehension. I was talking about the cycle of retros, not how many more years JB will be around. Your lack of business knowledge is astounding though. Jordan isnt even 50 years old. His brand is grossing over $1B a year, with almost 70% total market share. I laugh of the face of anyone who can think a company with that kind of dominance is going to dissolve/fall in 5 years. They will continue retros and every 3-5 years a new group of consumers who previously had no earning/spending power emerges. They also have the Nike Air and premium material cards to pull out at their disposal, plus the option to invest more in design and new sigs, which clearly still isn't a priority. JB has at least 10-15 years as the leader in basketball shoes, so all of this talk is beyond moronic.

Originally Posted by jmadidas2001

Yeah the $1 BILLION a year company will be washed up in two years. You're bright.
well it's not like they can release the same old stuff forever.....they'll wash up at some point.....
You and many others have been predicting the demise of Jordan Brand for years upon years on Niketalk...yet, Jordan Brand continues to put up sales gains on top of sales gains...enough already, honestly...it is just sad and annoying...

Umm...Air Force 1...Dunk...Air Max 95...Air Max 90...Air Max 1...Foamposite One/Pro (probably 20 more styles you could insert here)...

Nike/Jordan have built their company on iconic products that live on in the minds of consumers, products that may go up and down slightly in popularity...but, will always outsell 99% of anything else in the athletic footwear industry over the long haul...

Don't be one of "those people"...what you don't understand about this industry is that a "horrible" Jordan Retro release where you and others call "flop" or "rotting on shelves"...other companies would sell their soul for sales of what you consider a "flop"...

JM

I don't want to go of topic in this thread anymore, but just wanted to say that:
They've been successful at what they wanted to do, exploit the new market that was associated with trends (read that in a strategic analysis report of Nike from 00 last night)......they've essentially brainwashed a generation into thinking their product is superior to all others through clever marketing campaigns......until the mp3 player (like Apple's iPod, a game changer) of shoes comes around, Nike will not have to put in the effort to get their stuff to sell (innovation is stagnant, they've just created the image of innovation and made us think the stuff is better than it was in the 90s (Nike as a whole, not just JB), but at the end of the day
Jordan Brand is built on a bubble

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]that is bound to pop sometime, whether it be less than five years or more, it will pop eventually....with releases of CWs like this, it is more obvious to me than 00, that they won't be able to sustain their control of the current generation as far as Jordans are concerned, and that they are attempting to get the most money while they still have the attention of the current market.......as long as mainstream America still thinks Jordans are "cool", they will sell, but like AF1s, IMO the shoes will just become "played out" and won't have their appeal anymore at least on the same level as they currently do within the majority of America.
[/font]

Originally Posted by jmadidas2001

JM

I don't want to go of topic in this thread anymore, but just wanted to say that:
They've been successful at what they wanted to do, exploit the new market that was associated with trends (read that in a strategic analysis report of Nike from 00 last night)......they've essentially brainwashed a generation into thinking their product is superior to all others through clever marketing campaigns......until the mp3 player (like Apple's iPod, a game changer) of shoes comes around, Nike will not have to put in the effort to get their stuff to sell (innovation is stagnant, they've just created the image of innovation and made us think the stuff is better than it was in the 90s (Nike as a whole, not just JB), but at the end of the day
Jordan Brand is built on a bubble

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]that is bound to pop sometime, whether it be less than five years or more, it will pop eventually....with releases of CWs like this, it is more obvious to me than 00, that they won't be able to sustain their control of the current generation as far as Jordans are concerned, and that they are attempting to get the most money while they still have the attention of the current market.......as long as mainstream America still thinks Jordans are "cool", they will sell, but like AF1s, IMO the shoes will just become "played out" and won't have their appeal anymore at least on the same level as they currently do within the majority of America.
[/font]

Opinions are like...well, you know what...everyone has one...

Too bad for you, this opinion you have does not hold up when put up against facts...

Please move along...

"Jordan Brand is built on a bubble"
roll.gif

...sorry kid, this isn't GeoCities...Jordan retired in 2003...people like you have been saying that Jordan Brand can't sustain and grow for 8 years now...oops

Again...you and many other Niketalkers have been predicting the demise of Jordan Brand for years now...guessing by your screename that you are all of 20 years old, you'll learn...but for now...feel free to call me out when Jordan Brand collapses...I'll be waiting...
roll.gif

JM

Back
Top Bottom