Air Jordan 2010 "Nightmares Never Sleep" Commercial

Brand Jordan going to that well, again?

ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Riker

Yeah this commercial is wack, but damn those MVPuppets commercials are so hilarious, so much comedic genius in it, so many funny lines, there are times when those MVPuppets commercials air and I literally tear up from laughter.

Not to say how original the concept of NBA player puppet is, I don't think I ever saw it before.

SMH @ this place, calling this commercial "wack" and "cheap" in this day of age where others commercials look like a YouTube vlog is just pathetic.

I'm not saying you need to like the concept of it, but nagging about the looks? "Cheap sound effects"? LMAO...
The commercial is wack, especially for a Jordan Brand commercial. We've seen the exact concept from T-Mac (Adidas) and even... *shudders*... Damon Jones (Li Ning). At least Nike came up with the puppets and then dug up one of their old ideas. This commercial would have been well-suited having "Remember the Name" as the soundtrack. I believe the consensus is that JB commercial are usually done with feeling and a deeper concept in mind. Even with the garbage they churn out to put on Melo's feet, they still back it up with a commercial that tells some sort of story without using "cheap" effects like glowing eyes and growls. I think you are misinterpreting how "cheap" is being used in this case.

Example:
50 Cent took Rick Ross' baby-mama on a shopping spree that would probably break the average NTer. But it was still a "cheap" thing to do. He used gimmicks over substance and ended up getting outsold by his nemisis (at least in the first week).

Back
Top Bottom