AIR JORDAN 3 BLACK CEMENT - NOVEMBER 23, 2024

I ain’t even tryna clown anybody. I literally just went to the first page I saw from release day to get the sentiment of the time and it just happened to be that. No cherrypicking whatsoever. You can go back to those pages too if you want and tell me the ratio of the amount of people calling them abominations vs people hyping them up. I literally saw no hate and people just ecstatic to get their hands on a pair. Seemed like the "Nike Air" was way more important than elephant print at that time. All I'm sayin is MOST people acting like them 2018s are basically "Team Jordans" kinda being extra compared to how they was acting in 2018

Like most, I was excited to finally see Nike Air return back in 2018. What’s wild are the photos Nike originally showed for their stock photo must have been an anomaly pair because the pairs that were released didn’t look quite like it (elephant print height).

I understand that a lot of people who were buying in 2018 didn’t own the original, 94 or 2001 retro. Most people don’t care about accurate specs, shape or materials, they just want to own the shoe.

You have to understand that the group in here who hate the 2018 retro, hated it back in 2018 once we got them in hand. As someone who has owned the original and both the 94 & 01 retro, I was very disappointed. I can admit I didn’t unload them right away or return them. Fortunately I let them sit in my closet and when the Last Dance aired, I was able to get a huge return on them by selling them.

Hopefully the pair that will be releasing will have everyone satisfied because that’s all we want as a consumer of this brand.

I remember people bieng unhappy about the print hieght specifically on the toe box back before and after the release. The toe shape was another big one that was talked about. So there were definetely people that were not happy with the way the shoe turned out. I for one was thrilled because I never owned a pair of BC3s, have NA was huge, and I remember hoping my pair turned out decent. I liked how my pair turned out. What did irritate me though, the Unites come out not too long after with the better shape and toe. They even fixed the tongue liner bieng tucked back on those also. They seriously should have done that on the BC first.

I ain’t even tryna clown anybody. I literally just went to the first page I saw from release day to get the sentiment of the time and it just happened to be that. No cherrypicking whatsoever. You can go back to those pages too if you want and tell me the ratio of the amount of people calling them abominations vs people hyping them up. I literally saw no hate and people just ecstatic to get their hands on a pair. Seemed like the "Nike Air" was way more important than elephant print at that time. All I'm sayin is MOST people acting like them 2018s are basically "Team Jordans" kinda being extra compared to how they was acting in 2018

I don’t know if or what I posted in the thread back then, but I know I had them in my hands in FTL and said, nah, can’t do it :lol:

The leather wasn't that bad on the 2018s unlike the 2011 and 2008 CDP.

It was terrible.

I didn’t even get into the “quality” when I made my easy call to pass on them. Shape and EP were all I needed to see. It wasn’t some long debate with myself, either. Picked them up, held them up and looked at them for 30 seconds. Walked away depressed but never regretted it for a millisecond.

I remember when I got my pair being a bit disappointed, for most of the reasons mentioned above. Sure they were much better than the god awful 2011 retro but that ain’t saying much. I never had the OG, closest I ever got was the 2001 retro which was pretty decent as I recall (been years since I had them). Cant wait for the 2024. If they are done right I might even triple up.

I remember when I got my pair being a bit disappointed, for most of the reasons mentioned above. Sure they were much better than the god awful 2011 retro but that ain’t saying much. I never had the OG, closest I ever got was the 2001 retro which was pretty decent as I recall (been years since I had them). Cant wait for the 2024. If they are done right I might even triple up.

The 2001s were the best since the OGs. I still have my pair and I wore them all the time all the while keeping them clean. I know they can't be worn again unless I send them to get restored. The leather was great, the toe was really good and they looked fantastic. I'll have to find them and post a pic of them one day soon.

Back
Top Bottom