AIR JORDAN 3 BLACK CEMENT - NOVEMBER 23, 2024

LOL this is not true AT ALL. We were hyped that they were coming, but bummed about the leather wings. My man @supermanblue79 and I spearheaded a campaign to get the leather wings changed...which apparently worked (he confirmed through the grapevine). It wasn't until a bit after release people started griping about the quality on those.
You were hyped when you saw these?🤣
IMG_1437.jpeg

As if the leather wings on the sample were the biggest problem. The sample pair actually looked way better overall, even with the leather wings.

Idgaf if they had leather wings, plastic wings, or solid gold wings these were a huge disappointment and this was the beginning of a LONG drought for the brand when it came to products actually worth buying.

The reason most of the complaints came after the release was simply the time. It’s not like you had all these instagram accounts pumping out early looks by the day.

IMG_1437.jpeg

As if the leather wings on the sample were the biggest problem. The sample pair actually looked way better overall, even with the leather wings.

Idgaf if they had leather wings, plastic wings, or solid gold wings these were a huge disappointment and this was the beginning of a LONG drought for the brand when it came to products actually worth buying.

The reason most of the complaints came after the release was simply the time. It’s not like you had all these instagram accounts pumping out early looks by the day.

There may have been worse, but as far as Jordans I ever owned, this was easily the biggest piece of flaming trash of all of them. On top of the awful cut, proportions and shape, the "leather" was literally like plastic. This release basically kicked-off a multiyear hiatus where I didn't buy any Jordans whatsoever as the quality etc. hit rock bottom almost across the board. Thank god for the Kobe line emerging right around the same time, as it became the place I put my main sneaker focus for years.

Now I'm trying to remember when I finally found Jordan retros acceptable enough to come back into the fold. I bought the 2011 Concords and realized as soon as I got them how bad they were, and maybe I popped in two or three other times for one-off releases I can't recall offhand. But for the most part, I think I went on a 10-year break until the 2016 Space Jams actually made an improvement.

IMG_1437.jpeg

I would take these if they marketed them as lows vs whatever the hell Jordan Brand is doing with those bike shoes and calling them 4s

There may have been worse, but as far as Jordans I ever owned, this was easily the biggest piece of flaming trash of all of them. On top of the awful cut, proportions and shape, the "leather" was literally like plastic. This release basically kicked-off a multiyear hiatus where I didn't buy any Jordans whatsoever as the quality etc. hit rock bottom almost across the board. Thank god for the Kobe line emerging right around the same time, as it became the place I put my main sneaker focus for years.

Now I'm trying to remember when I finally found Jordan retros acceptable enough to come back into the fold. I bought the 2011 Concords and realized as soon as I got them how bad they were, and maybe I popped in two or three other times for one-off releases I can't recall offhand. But for the most part, I think I went on a 10-year break until the 2016 Space Jams actually made an improvement.
Yea same for me. This was the release that turned me off to the brand completely. I definitely bought those 88 white cement 3s in 2013 as well as some of the OG 1s they released during that time (royals, breds). But yea it took them 7 years to come out with something that was even remotely compelling and you’re spot on with the space jams. That was the first objectively GOOD release since 2001.

IMG_1437.jpeg

We were happy that we were getting a shoe that we never thought would see the light of day again. At that time nobody was getting out their micrometers to measure speckle density, and nobody was talking about shape, collar height, etc. That said, this was likely the release that caused a lot of us to start worrying about that stuff once we got them in hand. It's revisionist history to act like we weren't hyped that the Military 4's were getting retroed in 2007. It was after they dropped that the issues started.

Do we know if these come with the polyurethane or dreamcell insole? Seems like that has been overlooked by all these shoetubers with early pairs
Pretty sure its gonna be polyurethane, they've been including those on majority of OG Jordan colorways for the past few years. Unless JB cheaps out on that too like they been doing with not including extra laces with some of the more recent Jordan 1 OG Highs and Lows.

Never ending cycle of being hyped for the new updated version then the older model gets flamed 😂

In a few years this 2024 will get slaughtered when the next bc3 drops 😂

This certainly wasn’t the case during the early 2000s. I can assure you nobody was hyped when they saw the first military 4 retro. Nobody was flaming the 99s. It only happens when the new retro is significantly better than the last one.

The 3s been lookin like skateboard shoes for a min thou

I dunno man seemed like even during the 2018 release there was lots of awareness on just how wonky they were right out the gate.

Nah F that. I'm roasting the 2024's right now!!! Aside for the elephant print being f'd up as usual. Especially on the toes. Something is OFF. I can't put my finger on what it is, but the 2024's just look cheap as **** overall.

:emoji_100:

IMG_1437.jpeg

The reason most of the complaints came after the release was simply the time. It’s not like you had all these instagram accounts pumping out early looks by the day.​

I agree :emoji_100:% with you engineer wholeheartedly, but when we're talking about butchering to the 25th POWRAH!! You CAN'T forget it about these right here.

fg6vqivn.png

These ***** are EASILY in the top 5 of the WORST retros of ALL-TIME.

NO discussion needed.

💯

Last edited:

I agree :emoji_100:% with you engineer wholeheartedly, but when we talking about butchering to the 25th POWRAH!! You CAN'T forget it about these right here.

fg6vqivn.png

These ***** are EASILY in the top 5 of the WORST retros of ALL-TIME.

NO discussion needed.

💯
Not only was the shade of red so laughably faded I also I said this numerous times, the fit was horrible on these too! Legit the only time I had to go up half a size in a pair of 13's.

Pretty sure its gonna be polyurethane, they've been including those on majority of OG Jordan colorways for the past few years. Unless JB cheaps out on that too like they been doing with not including extra laces with some of the more recent Jordan 1 OG Highs and Lows.
Except for the latest Military Blues, they were dreamcell.

But ya high probability it’s PU. They at least gave us that with WC 3s.

Not only was the shade of red so laughably faded I also I said this numerous times, the fit was horrible on these too! Legit the only time I had to go up half a size in a pair of 13's.
Bruh! You ain’t never lied! This retro was so definitely cut a half to a whole size small. Some pairs are more narrow than others smh. My pair ain’t been worn in at least 5 years lol

Bruh! You ain’t never lied! This retro was so definitely cut a half to a whole size small. Some pairs are more narrow than others smh. My pair ain’t been worn in at least 5 years lol
Yeah I couldn't even keep em everything about em was horrible lol

I went from 2007 - 2016 without copping any Jay's... the baron XI brought me back .. I did get the 2016 true blues and I still rock them from time to time but I'd love a true blue with the remodeled anesthetics...
I was buying foams and new balance in between my hiatus.. so my humble current collection is diverse...

Bruh the bred 13s toe lookin a lil excited 😂 👀

I remember taking mine back for a refund lol

Local resale shop got some bc3 in today....some pairs look straight af...guess we gotta dig through a few to get a winner...like the wc3. Let the Easter egg hunt begin lmao....need the shock drop to return. I'm feeling halloween weekend 🔥

Prolly fake. I doubt retailers have gotten shipments of these yet.

Also the price only being $320??? Super fake.

For those who were in Brooklyn back in the 90s -early 2000s. Fulton st had those ocky store who used to get jordans super early. But they would charge 3-4 hundred for em.

This is where Fab used to get alot of his kicks early. It wasn't unusual to see a pair of that wasn't coming out for a few months .

I don't know if those guys were selling the first "reps" that were indistinguishable from retail or not. Or they just had the connect?

Definitely was a time to be alive... I bought the ginger xivs like 2 months early.. paid like 250... at the time which was a BIG deal

Back
Top Bottom