AIR JORDAN 3 BLACK CEMENT - NOVEMBER 23, 2024

Because if we're being honest Nike needs to speed up the retro cycle of classic colorways. It's gotten to the point where they only give us a handful of actual OG's a year with a million plus throwaway retro +'s no one asked for.

For example in 2013 JB gave us 15 OG releases ranging through different models, in addition to retro+'s. Fast forward to 2023 we got 5, 6 if you include the suede Royals. The scale has tipped too far to new colorways.

How many different ways are you going to put UNC blue on a Jordan 1 high without just giving us the OG's? They're milking it.
Oh I agree they need to drop more OGs annually. Where I disagree is that they could certainty drop classic retros true to spec and give us some sample variations on them.

I’d rather get a suede or nubuck BC3 than a flashy multi-colored 3 or another AMM collab that looks exactly like a 3 year old one they did

IDK.. what I got from folks is that OGs are no longer being released as often so if they drop a suede version.. we probably won't see a proper BC III for another 4-5 years which I agree with. A lot of folks got excited for 'remastered' and now that shape changes are starting to take effect, dudes want that, not that + suede :lol:

The way they drop OG's is so random now, I miss when a model was brought back and they focused on it for the year like when XI's came out from 2000-2001. That era and business model is smoked though.

I wouldn’t count a suede or nubuck version as OG retro myself either. Like those reimagined IVs are not an OG retro to me. That’s a variant. Just as the FT lines and JTs are variants.

You're not making sense now.

He said that, because you were trying to state that JB has released an OG retro as well as a close-to-OG-retro close together several times. ie: the Chicago Jordan 1's.

However we're not getting on OG Black/Red 4 with the reimagined release, and we didn't get an OG White/Cement 3 with the Free Throw Lines or Jt3's.

You're not making sense now.

He said that, because you were trying to state that JB has released an OG retro as well as a close-to-OG-retro close together several times. ie: the Chicago Jordan 1's.

However we're not getting on OG Black/Red 4 with the reimagined release, and we didn't get an OG White/Cement 3 with the Free Throw Lines or Jt3's.
I’m making plenty of sense. The JT’s and FT’s all came in the normal time frame expected between retros, if not extending it out for the reimagined plan. Point being you got the retro in 2011 and got a variant every 2-3 years.

My issue with the reimagined line isn’t that it exists, it’s that it’s not parallel to a 1:1 OG line that is pumping out a monthly retro Jordan wore. Especially when you have a shoe like the playoff 8’s that is closer to the original than any other retro of that shoe but doesn’t fall into the reimagined bucket.

These need to only exist as a sample.

Screenshot_20240301_111801_Instagram.jpg
LETS GO SUEDE BABY.

Mayor def knows more than these lames zsneakerheadz/solesavey.

Again, what would be so bad about these dropping with the current shape? The issue is these either/or scenarios. Give us the BC3 correctly this year and next year drop the sample version. Real collectors and fans of the model can get the shoe and if you’re not either then you can keep it moving without being offended the brand gave you some inadequate substitute.
The problem is technically neither one of those should be considered done 100% “correctly”. The reimagined BC3 is not going to be a true OG retro with it coming with an aged midsole. I’m fine with it but that’s just a fact. I know it’s hard (especially with the reimagined 3s) but we can’t let JB off the hook by accepting any of the reimagined pairs as true OG retros cause they’re not.

Last edited:
The problem is technically neither one of those should be considered done 100% “correctly”. The reimagined BC3 is not going to be a true OG retro with it coming with an aged sole. I’m fine with it but that’s just a fact. I know it’s hard (especially with the reimagined 3s) but we can’t let JB off the hook by accepting any of the reimagined pairs as true OG retros cause they’re not.

If we're being completely nitpicky then none of the retros are even 100% correct because they're not OG. Everything is an interpretation. They're all copies upon copies and JB is gonna continue putting it out because ya'll are gonna buy it regardless and if it's not this one, it's the next.

Sneakerheads are one of the most abused consumers in the world who complain and keep coming back for more lol.

The problem is technically neither one of those should be considered done 100% “correctly”. The reimagined BC3 is not going to be a true OG retro with it coming with an aged sole. I’m fine with it but that’s just a fact. I know it’s hard (especially with the reimagined 3s) but we can’t let JB off the hook by accepting any of the reimagined pairs as true OG retros cause they’re not.
The reimagined WC3 is closer to og than the 2018 or even 2001 BC3. It really comes down to which details you think are most important. Huge differences in shape/overall design vs a slight difference in midsole color.

Has there really never been a retro that was identical to the OG?

From any brand?
Honestly the WC3 reimagined has to be the top when it comes to modern retro releases. Aged look or no, it is pretty damn good. But thats my view. In the 2000s at least, they have never made a perfect retro by design as you know. A select few come close though.

I dunno about identical but I’d kill to go back in time and drop another $64 on a future size 11 of 94 Chicago 1’s. Still the best Jordan I ever owned 300+ shoes later

Last edited:
I’d pass if it’s suede but the steel toe and thick print is the bigger issue on those samples

The reimagined WC3 is closer to og than the 2018 or even 2001 BC3. It really comes down to which details you think are most important. Huge differences in shape/overall design vs a slight difference in midsole color.
That all may be true. In fact I agree with you but wouldn’t a version exactly like the WC3 reimagined *without a slight difference in midsole color (I.e. a plain white midsole like the original) be even closer to the OG? Point is JB knows what they’re doing. With certain shoes they give us everything we want, except for one thing. You know it’s done to keep us coming back.

Also to respond to MJO23DAN MJO23DAN , when I say “true OG retro” I’m referring mainly to retros released with OG specs. Just a straight retro like idk, 2022 Fire Red 3s. There’s countless more examples but a more recent example of this would be 2022 Cardinal 7s, or 2015 Aqua 8s or even most recent Cool Grey 11s. Of course if we’re being absolutely all the way technical no retro has been a 100% accurate 1:1, stitch for stitch remake to its original counterpart. Due to many factors I think most of us here are or should be aware of, that’s virtually impossible. They’ve gotten close in many instances though. The reimagined WC3s might be the closet we’ve gotten to the OG to this point but the aged midsole leaves an opening for a historically accurate, regular version to be released in the (hopefully near) future. I think we’ll get a regular “non reimagined” version with same good shape and NA in the next 5-7 years. Same with both black cement 3s and 4s once this reimagined series has run it’s course.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom