AIR JORDAN 3 BLACK CEMENT - NOVEMBER 23, 2024

So Zsneakerheads is wrong - there will be no Sail? (have they ever been wrong about the colors?)

Who is no one lmao? That's the only pair I wanted :lol:
That Columbia 11 thread is 17 pages long, but when you factor in that 7 of those pages are from 2-3 years ago, we are only at 10 pages.

This thread is already at 13 pages despite being started almost 2 months behind the date of the 11s officially being announced. More people want these ahead of the 11s. And with it being a real OG retro, it’s about to pop off even moreso.

That Columbia 11 thread is 17 pages long, but when you factor in that 7 of those pages are from 2-3 years ago, we are only at 10 pages.

This thread is already at 13 pages despite being started almost 2 months behind the date of the 11s officially being announced. More people want these ahead of the 11s. And with it being a real OG retro, it’s about to pop off even moreso.
Thought you were talking strictly 11 wise. I was like huh, I only see people asking for these and Gammas :lol:

Here's verification from a few sources.

Per Sneaker Bar Detroit:

In 2023, Jordan Brand introduced the Air Jordan 3 “White Cement Reimagined”, echoing the original 1988 style with a vintage twist. Following its success, the Air Jordan 3 “Black Cement Reimagined” is slated for Holiday 2024, celebrating the shoe’s rich legacy.

Back in 2018, the Air Jordan 3 “Black Cement” returned, featuring the iconic “Nike Air” branding.

Now, a fresh “Reimagined” version is on the horizon, faithfully recreating the 1988 design with a nostalgic feel. The midsole will showcase a subtly aged, worn-in look, enhancing its timeless appeal. While details about the upper are pending, enthusiasts anticipate the return of the tumbled leather build and classic elephant print overlays. Fire Red accents will embellish the lace loops, Jumpman logo, tongue lining, and sole. Once again, the “Nike Air” emblem will adorn the heel tabs, accompanied by visible Air units for superior cushioning.

According to Sneaker Files, the upcoming release of the Air Jordan 3 “Black Cement” for this holiday season will adhere faithfully to the original 1988 design, avoiding any reimagining. Instead, it will undergo a remastering process to ensure it closely resembles the iconic version from its debut year.

Per Sole Retriever:

When looking at classic Jordan colorways, the Air Jordan 3 Black Cement is one many remember fondly. Renowned for its pivotal role during MJ's unforgettable performance in the 1988 Dunk Contest, this Jordan 3 has etched a permanent place in the annals of sneaker culture. Originally announced by SoleSavy, the colorway will return during the Holiday 2024 season.

Contrary to prior reports, Sole Retriever can confirm that the upcoming Air Jordan 3 Retro Black Cement will not be a part of the Reimagined series. Instead, it will be faithful to the OG regarding shape, materials, and branding. They will have no vintage or aged look, making them different from the 2023 release of the White Cement Reimagined. This version of the Black Cement will mirror the original 1988 design more closely, sporting a black tumbled leather upper with red and grey accents, iconic elephant print suede on the mudguard and heel, and OG Nike Air branding.

Air Jordan 3 “Black Cement”
Color: Black/Fire Red-Cement Grey-Sail
Style Code: DN3707-010
Release Date: November 23, 2024
Price: $220

With all that said, it's surprising that they're going to rehash these again after 6 years. But that ain't a bad thing because I didn't bother to get the 2018 version. And if these end up resembling the original 1988 version, then it's a better option because I've read some of the negative feedback and gripes about the 2018 version over the last few years.

These sources have it wrong because this still can count as part of the reimagined series... JB is essentially reimagining the remastered series that was originally launched in 2015 :lol:

Either way can't wait for the debate on which factory producing the best EP print/height and everyone busting out the rulers to showcase the toe box slant!

WATTBA!

So we getting another pair of these, but not pairs that haven't released in like 10+ years that we've been waiting on ? Interesting I guess.

I really want charcoal 7's bad man. Been 12 years.

JB barely gives us OG colorways anymore. I've said it in other threads but we went from 10+ OG colorways dropping a year to like 5.

Best to wait and see when u dealing with JB

This is a good point because it's pretty much a formality with changes and differing information leading up to releases from this brand.

These sources have it wrong because this still can count as part of the reimagined series... JB is essentially reimagining the remastered series that was originally launched in 2015 :lol:

Either way can't wait for the debate on which factory producing the best EP print/height and everyone busting out the rulers to showcase the toe box slant!

WATTBA!

Let the nitpicking commence leading up to this pending release. 😆

So we getting another pair of these, but not pairs that haven't released in like 10+ years that we've been waiting on ? Interesting I guess.

I was thinking the same thing. It's interesting there's going to be a rehash of these in literally less than 10 years since the last one in 2018. But at least it's salvation for me because I passed on the 2018 version.

I'm hoping this pending release is a premonition that other classic or popular models will also be rehashed in less than 10 years in between.

Literally the shoe I've been waiting on. Columbia 11s, White Infrared 6s, Black tongue 5s etc...

JB's catalog is way deeper than what they're using and I don't understand why they don't want use it versus beating a dead horse on the Jordan 1 OG high.

Back
Top Bottom