Air Jordan 3 "Fire Red" - White/Fire Red/Cement Grey - August 3rd (08-03-2013)

What elephant print do you want on the FR III's

• Dark elephant print (07's)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Light Elephant Print (OGs)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • WC Elephant Print (Katrina)

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
How do people say these were slept on when hundreds of thousands were bought? Nike produces more now and people say its slept on because you can still find them in stores. I swear more than 50% of you want it to be a difficult purchase every release. It's like a game to some of you.

AMEN. I've tried to say that several times. There is absolutely no question that Nike released many, many pairs. Little retailers that usually get nothing got these.

I, personally, am thrilled that this was a true general release, even though I didn't get them (tripled up in '07), because I'm hoping its a sign that Nike/Jordan Brand will be doing this more often. This allows people who genuinely want the shoe to get them and curbs the reseller game.

As for hype... I couldn't care less about hype, or how popular a release is. If I like it, I'm getting it. My favorite time in sneaker collecting history was when they first started retro'ing Jordan's in 1994. The shoes were damn near identical to the OG's and NO ONE CARED ABOUT THEM. I was able to pick up '94 retro 1's for $40, 2's for $65, 3's for $50. No one cared about a re-released Jordan, everyone TRULY slept and a handful of us reaped all the rewards lol

Was going to pass on this until I found out discover give 15% cash back and I have a 20 wc from fnl. One of the cheapest Jordan I've paid for this year.

picked mine up few days ago from Germany, easiest cop in a lawng time...the shoe is in my All Time Top 5 so I have a hard time visualizing myself wearin them :smile: ordered the shields, hope it keeps them crispy 

only issue with my pair is the slightly higher cut of the elephant print on the back on one pair.  other than that, no complaints

only issue with my pair is the slightly higher cut of the elephant print on the back on one pair.  other than that, no complaints
Mine have that semi-sloppy paint job on the "AIR" typeface...and one thing I kinda noticed, but it could be me being nostalgic/subjective - I haven't felt that "new shoe" smell in a minute...all these new kicks I get smell like chinese glue lol

Or maybe I was too infatuated by the scent of cheap vietnamese labor back in my teenage days :smile:

^^^ dentist smacked me for $250 last week also... hate the dentist :smh:

dentists are like pawners fam....:smh: :smh: :smh:

On topic though,releases like these are where nike gets its money from...Hype up,hype up,limited,limited and then baaaang.Feed us beasts with 5 gazillion pairs and get their money..in a week or so they ll be disappearring...Still an fsr on NDC Europe tho...im gonna wait for a discount (yeah like that will happen lol)

Last edited:
Mine have that semi-sloppy paint job on the "AIR" typeface...and one thing I kinda noticed, but it could be me being nostalgic/subjective - I haven't felt that "new shoe" smell in a minute...all these new kicks I get smell like chinese glue lol

Or maybe I was too infatuated by the scent of cheap vietnamese labor back in my teenage days :smile:

LOL I know exactly what you mean. When I got my OG IV's in '89 I left the box open in my room over night. When I woke up, my whole room smelled like glue and I had a major headache lol

I will say, the Toros actually have that ol' school glue smell.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=23068106&lmdn=Category

wink.gif

My pair is in excellent condition and the midsole seems to be in good condition also so I'm hoping these dont have a lot of problems. It's good to know that JB tried to prolong the paint chipping at least for this release

i don't know what you guys are crying about

if you can't understand flaws come with buying shoes made in mass produced sweatshops

spend your money on something else

the only problem i have is the paint chipping but that's also come with sweatshop made shoes

my one pair was perfect
still going to wear my 06 and keep these DS

Last edited:
What is Richard's? Sorry if this is a ******ed question.
The word censors on NT don't allow you to actually type the real name of the Sporting Goods store with a questionable name. Dee.Eye.See.Kay is short for Richard.

Check my last post on the previous page for the link. 

Last edited:
if you can't understand flaws come with buying shoes made in mass produced sweatshops

Cold.......

.......blooooded

:D

Am I the only one feelin that New Shoes Blues (c) ? I can't force myself to walk around these dirty *** streets with these beauties, I'm kinda emotional over these in particular...and to think I'll be stompin on some random nut *** street with these makes me feel depressed LOL

The word censors on NT don't allow you to actually type the real name of the Sporting Goods store with a questionable name. Dee.Eye.See.Kay is short for Richard.

Check my last post on the previous page for the link. 
Thanks bro, I never tried typing said word in, I got two of those stores in town, but only sell # jays online,I think and only started back recently.

Thanks bro, I never tried typing said word in, I got two of those stores in town, but only sell # jays online,I think and only started back recently.
No prob. Yea pay attention to them. Ppl sleep. They've had a decent pair of a few of the recent Retro releases. 

Looking foward to getting mine. Don't expect them to be flawless. I have a few retro 3 and none of them are perfect. I asked this a few pages back but received no response... When did the 3 start being made with synthetic leather?

Back
Top Bottom