Air Jordan 3 Retro 88’ Legit check.

[COLOR=#red]There are many high quality pictures I posted in this thread. This page may take a while to load, bear with me.

[/COLOR]
I recently purchased this pair of "Air Jordan 3 Retro 88’”. They looked authentic to me from the eBay pictures the seller used, but upon receiving the shoes, there were many details I noticed that lead me to believe these are FAKES.

1. There aren’t any production stamps on the lid of the box. The box even feels flimsy.

2. The Jumpman logos on the tongue, the hands look terrible, the fingers way too big.

3. The leather cut on the middle of the shoe, where the 3 plastic eyelids are located are very sloppy. Something that is always seen in fakes. A legit pair would have clean & smooth cuts in these areas. This pair is sloppy on all 4 sides.

4. The small red eyelets near the bottom of the tongue are sunken in.

5. The “Mens 13” sticker that is placed on the insoles of the shoe are too glossy & it doesn’t stick well. The fonts used are also not normal.

6. The “stars” on the bottom of the shoe are not as sharp or as protruded as they should be.

7. The air bubbles look foggy and grainy, they should be perfectly clear.

[COLOR=#red]If there are any other things that I am missing or if you agree with what I am saying PLEASE post and let me know what you think. Any help is appreciated.
[/COLOR]

Thank you!

fy7DNPz.jpg

thwGJo6.jpg

iEJ2U5i.jpg

zuV6RPr.jpg

fA0XuPw.jpg

nDflijM.jpg

GwuZ8YX.jpg

eq2UeAp.jpg

nBe28JF.jpg

U3WXXBl.jpg

46VnCJh.jpg

Fd7YC54.jpg

kAYy60c.jpg

UQMnAfI.jpg

XcdcC23.jpg

MQzmDUJ.jpg

kfiLS11.jpg

eGTK8vq.jpg

VlKttXK.jpg

tx0cShC.jpg

AbD8522.jpg

eXIAHvb.jpg

eGISY8X.jpg

byEl1Ln.jpg

F4bMFUA.jpg

taL3kR9.jpg

z07OLrp.jpg

Oyc7d8I.jpg

Hhc2Okz.jpg

rqFUBIc.jpg

I’m with you on the reasons you gave. Especially the leather cuts near the eyelets. Dead giveaway there. These are fake. 

Stitching is pretty much a dead giveaway. Also the fingers on the jumpman look waay off. Sorry, these are fake.

The cut around the sockliner looks shaky as hell. Especially from that straight on pic where you can see the tongues & the sockliner.

Pretty much spotted out everything yourself, definately fakes. Shoe cut looks weird all around.

Nice pictures, good reference material for spotting fakes eventhough I knew they were a mile away.

I dont know.....They look real to me but probably rejects from quality. Not the actual release from Nike but still made in China where the rest are. 

I have a friend whos husband works for Nike and he broke it down like this. Nike makes a retro. Has about 1000 made. Gets looked at by Nike and they say yes or no. Basically they can say the sewing on the inside needs to be moved 1 mm and they have China scrap them. Well China isnt stupid and they sell them. Thats how people get early releases and they have all those pop up shops. Fake? Well not really. Still made by the same hands of the Nike people just not the 100% approved by quality. Then again.....I have worked at Foot locker and see some crap quality come from them direct. Also bought store pairs with my friends and no two pair are identical. If I saw you in the street with those on I would NOT call them fakes. if you walk by there is no way I can see a sloppy cut in the eyelet. 

People are on the search for the perfect Nike pair....They dont exist. One last thing. My friends husband who works for Nike went to the Nike store in Oregon, Bought some Air max.....It looked like someone took a bite out of the sole. SMH. 

Just my opinion of course. take it for what its worth.

I have a pair of 88's that I bought from SoleStage in Cali.  I am confident that they sell legit shoes, and I've also had them LC'd on here and SC.  Couple differences I noticed is the stitching on the inside when you have the insole out.  Yours is white and mine is black.  The sockliner on your pair looks a little of compared to mine.  The hands on the Jumpman are different than mine.  

As far as the cut of leather beneath the eyelet; mine are not "perfect", but they are not that sloppy though.

Also looks like you have some widows peak around the toe box

I dont feel good about that bubble either.

On the fence about the Nike Air logo on the insole

Last edited:
I dont know.....They look real to me but probably rejects from quality. Not the actual release from Nike but still made in China where the rest are. 

I have a friend whos husband works for Nike and he broke it down like this. Nike makes a retro. Has about 1000 made. Gets looked at by Nike and they say yes or no. Basically they can say the sewing on the inside needs to be moved 1 mm and they have China scrap them. Well China isnt stupid and they sell them. Thats how people get early releases and they have all those pop up shops. Fake? Well not really. Still made by the same hands of the Nike people just not the 100% approved by quality. Then again.....I have worked at Foot locker and see some crap quality come from them direct. Also bought store pairs with my friends and no two pair are identical. If I saw you in the street with those on I would NOT call them fakes. if you walk by there is no way I can see a sloppy cut in the eyelet. 

People are on the search for the perfect Nike pair....They dont exist. One last thing. My friends husband who works for Nike went to the Nike store in Oregon, Bought some Air max.....It looked like someone took a bite out of the sole. SMH. 

Just my opinion of course. take it for what its worth.
A small portion of this statement is correct..This has been discussed in great detail here time and time again.. Check out the GM thread to research our findings..The 10 million fake SJs sold since 09' are not all factory rejects bro..Don't fall for that BS. The truth of the matter is 99/100 pairs that claim this "they fell over the fence" story are simply other factories making straight replicas/fakes and trying to make people believe they are factory rejects from the original run..These first runs you speak of are usually serialized with all 9s I believe. I could be mistaken on that part though.

A small portion of this statement is correct..This has been discussed in great detail here time and time again.. Check out the GM thread to research our findings..The 10 million fake SJs sold since 09' are not all factory rejects bro..Don't fall for that BS. The truth of the matter is 99/100 pairs that claim this "they fell over the fence" story are simply other factories making straight replicas/fakes and trying to make people believe they are factory rejects from the original run..These first runs you speak of are usually serialized with all 9s I believe. I could be mistaken on that part though.
Exactly

Back
Top Bottom