Air Jordan 38

Only Zion would be able to bust through that shoe.

Looks like a performance monster, but I'm intrigued to see the "inspiration from the Jordan 8" reach JB comes with for these.
Yeah, I guess that phase is over with. Weird to end it on the 8

1682989661971.jpeg

Just got done looking through these because I wanted to know a bit more about the inspiration behind the 8’s to see if there’s any design crossover to the 38. The only thing I remember about the og 8 is from the marketing with bugs once again. Other than that and the specific process how the graphics on the midsole and heel counters came to be, I didn’t find anything else. So, I’m curious as to what the inspiration is to the designs on the ankle area of the 38

Also, just realized that the clear plastic around the x-shaped forefoot/midsole counter is going to yellow big time! It also looks a bit unfinished. So, hopefully the continued improvement of the design leads to some better and more finished qualities on the 39 and 40. Because, imo, the 40 HAS TO BE EPIC! Almost revolutionary. And because JB bungled the release of the 30 and we never got an explanation on that…

Last edited:
Definitely going to be something special z proper performance setup z the traction is great looking, it's definitely going to be lightweight, and shoe looks like it will good lockdown!!! Definitely can't wait to ard a pair to my collection and a pair to wear!!!

Something about these just seems like a new Air Jordan to me. That midsole treatment is a bit extreme but I can’t stop looking at these things. I don’t know if I’ll actually buy a pair, just because I have too many shoes. But I think I’m gonna want to.

Last edited:
1682989661971.jpeg

Just got done looking through these because I wanted to know a bit more about the inspiration behind the 8’s to see if there’s any design crossover to the 38. The only thing I remember about the og 8 is from the marketing with bugs once again. Other than that and the specific process how the graphics on the midsole and heel counters came to be, I didn’t find anything else. So, I’m curious as to what the inspiration is to the designs on the ankle area of the 38

Also, just realized that the clear plastic around the x-shaped forefoot/midsole counter is going to yellow big time! It also looks a bit unfinished. So, hopefully the continued improvement of the design leads to some better and more finished qualities on the 39 and 40. Because, imo, the 40 HAS TO BE EPIC! Almost revolutionary. And because JB bungled the release of the 30 and we never got an explanation on that…

His inspiration for the 8s were the Air Raids he designed the year before.

These pics made me like them less.

Whats on the toe?

Agreed, I think I liked the distant on foot pics a lot better unfortunately.

I can't even decide if I like them more, less, or the same from these pics LOL
This is one I really need to see and feel in person. Also, yeah, what the hell is that on the toe? Didn't see it on any of the pairs players have worn in games. Hopefully it's not something that'll be on retail pairs.

His inspiration for the 8s were the Air Raids he designed the year before.
Yeah partially. The 8 wasn’t inspired by any one thing in particular. The SoleCollector has interviews with Tinker talking about each Jordan 1-11 that are a few paragraphs for each shoe and the different inspirations are mentioned…

Back
Top Bottom