Air Jordan 38

1689171864862.png

1689171884492.png

1689171904774.png

That ain't no Zoom strobel....?

is this real? I'm shocked. on the otherhand, if this is real I'm quite disappointed that it's not zoom or maxzoom. other than that, I'm still ok with it but not as glad as I was. I tried the earlier PGs which have almost the same cushion setup but was fine with it and somehow liked it. the only concern I have with this shoe now is the dreaded Air Squeak.

If it's regular air and not zoom, I'm out.

1. $200 for just air cushioning is too expensive.

B. I need more cushioning after recently having knee and joint issues. Just went to the doctor's recently and he claims I'm "obese" and need to lose nearly 200 lbs

If it's regular air and not zoom, I'm out.

1. $200 for just air cushioning is too expensive.

B. I need more cushioning after recently having knee and joint issues. Just went to the doctor's recently and he claims I'm "obese" and need to lose nearly 200 lbs
that's it. you need to lose weight. otherwise, wear these instead.....

Attachments

• air monarch.jpg
    air monarch.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 119
Definitely hope those are reps. The way the foam is cut out makes me think maybe they are. That’s a good way to give the shoe a softer feel without adding any actual cushioning tech.

Definitely hope those are reps. The way the foam is cut out makes me think maybe they are. That’s a good way to give the shoe a softer feel without adding any actual cushioning tech.
I would agree, those kinds of cut outs are primarily done on reps to improve the cushioning of the shoe. on the otherhand, having an air cushion on it ain't that bad for a rep but would be suspect on the overall material quality of the shoe and performance.

I would agree, those kinds of cut outs are primarily done on reps to improve the cushioning of the shoe. on the otherhand, having an air cushion on it ain't that bad for a rep but would be suspect on the overall material quality of the shoe and performance.
that is why I would like a firsthand look and try of the shoe before deciding on getting them.

Underfoot, the unique cushioning system removes its past use of Formula23 Foam in favor of a full-length Zoom Strobel and Cushlon 3.0 wedge pairing.

I had to head into my local dsg today and I looked at the basketballs, talked to a few of the workers, and checked out everything they had, including the Ja 1s, One Takes, Why Nots, Lukas and they even had those Moolah joints.

Why did I get half way home before I realized I should have asked if they were going to get these joints in store or if they already had them in the back 🤦

I know DSG is gonna instantly sell out in my size tomorrow or glitch. SNKRS can keep the 12s all day if I can get my hands on these 38s. And as fast as DSG ships I might be able to play in them by early next week at my gym.

I have no idea, I was just searching Youtube for that reveal video from Paris and this showed up in my search results when I sorted them by upload date.
they just had the same tear down of the KD16 with the same tag. probably legit? who knows.

but even still.. that tech doesn't sound THAT great. full strobe like KD15 but with a Cushlon 3.0 wedge pairing? So why was I lead ot believe FORMULA 23 was the next great thing? they obviously tweaked it for the Luka 2

“What have the wnba players done to replace the Jumpman? At what level have they done what MJ has done?”

I’ll respond with a question in kind. Why do they have to do anything at the level MJ has, if MJ and Jordan brand WANT to collaborate with them?

The brand/MJ clearly want to collaborate and promote with their league, hence why the Jumpman is appearing on their All Star unis (first time the jumpman has appeared on any WNBA unis) this season.

they just had the same tear down of the KD16 with the same tag. probably legit? who knows.

but even still.. that tech doesn't sound THAT great. full strobe like KD15 but with a Cushlon 3.0 wedge pairing? So why was I lead ot believe FORMULA 23 was the next great thing? they obviously tweaked it for the Luka 2
Totally agree with this.

It seems like they are going backwards after the success of the 36. Formula 23 that bottoms out in the 37. Like someone above said cushlon 1.0, 2.0 bottoms out slower and now even more slower with 3.0. Smh.

Them improving on the double stack in the forefoot plus full length strobel would have been the move.

Totally agree with this.

It seems like they are going backwards after the success of the 36. Formula 23 that bottoms out in the 37. Like someone above said cushlon 1.0, 2.0 bottoms out slower and now even more slower with 3.0. Smh.

Them improving on the double stack in the forefoot plus full length strobel would have been the move
That was me who also mentioned the cushlon 3.0, so yes you agree with me on all the points and im bringing to the forefront the elephant in the room. Worth calling out jordan brand on this. And Nike.

And here I am with 3 pairs of 36’s. And a pair of Tatum 1’s. Been defending Jordan brand’s tech advancements. But just weird the “3.0” cushlon comment when the last model rollout (plus luka) told us how great formula 23 is

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom