Air Jordan 38

Probably gonna have to take em outside cause I don't have indoor access for a couple weeks. From the looks of it these joints might just fly off my feet :emoji_sweat:

Not that it wasn't completely obvious to anybody who looked at the sole, but I'm pretty sure I mentioned this when the shoe first got revealed. Bout to go back and look.

Outside?

1693441149414.gif

Good luck!

discounts definitely gonna happen but we could see a bit of a change on the outsole Mid model lifespan
Thinking the same thing, ala the 31’s when several people on this sight said that Jordan Brand used a new outsole compound starting with the All Star 31’s. Still didn’t make a difference.

Between the 31’s traction, the 33’s lacing system issues, the 34’s eyelet popping issues along with the zoom bags popping, and now these early issues with the 38’s, is wear testing strenuously in advance a thing anymore? Or do they rely on jaded reviews on YouTube from people given early pairs?

Thinking the same thing, ala the 31’s when several people on this sight said that Jordan Brand used a new outsole compound starting with the All Star 31’s. Still didn’t make a difference.

Between the 31’s traction, the 33’s lacing system issues, the 34’s eyelet popping issues along with the zoom bags popping, and now these early issues with the 38’s, is wear testing strenuously in advance a thing anymore? Or do they rely on jaded reviews on YouTube from people given early pairs?
Good point, including sizing issues on 30,34, 35 and 36 lows. The air bag popping on XX8s too. Don’t remember any issues prior to the XX8.

Last edited:
Fundamentals from NDC landed today and took them straight to the pickup league. Wore them around the house first to break them in a little. I like the arch support in them. They definitely feel very light on foot and low to the ground. Tried the left shoe with my Move Gameday insole and it increased the ride height too much for my liking and I wanted to get some runs in with the shoe stock.

Pros:
  • Traction is pretty good out of the box
  • Best looking Jordan sig since the 34
  • Cushion is very nice
  • Breathability/ventilation is very good
  • Love the tongue, super padded and plush, which is nice for my skinny ankles (more on this later)
  • Light on foot
  • Good court feel
Cons:
  • Laces are obnoxiously long; I left the last lace hole unlaced and the laces were touching the ground on both sides of each shoe. Had to double knot and that helped a little but what's with the ungodly long laces?! The 37s had this issue too
  • Lockdown is a little tricky. I have skinny ankles and lean feet. I had to really crank the laces to get decent lockdown
  • Cranking the laces caused some discomfort on the underside of my arch (not quite a blister but could see it happening in the future)
  • Expensive
I'll give these a few more runs. I'll probably try the Move insoles in them to see if that helps with lockdown and less arch chafing. Don't rush out to buy these but they're definitely a very fun shoe to play in. If I can solve the lockdown issues and the arch chafing, these might be my go-to shoe this winter. Still need to try out the Protro 8s, Sabrinas and the LeBron 21s but these are in contention.

Good point, including sizing issues on 30,34, 35 and 36 lows. The air bag popping on XX8s too. Don’t remember any issues prior to the XX8.
∆This right here. ∆ I could buy a Jordan online size 10.5 wear it, break it in, love it, no problem. Now I worry about permanently damaging my feet. I think it's the Chinese long term plan, hobble the opponent. It's Chinese chess and they play for keeps. Ever wonder why their version is wide foot friendly, it's not, it's a regular size shoe.

those reports are concerning. not sure if they are real or not or if the shoes are authentic but it could be some regional manufacturing issues. so far, it seems the defective pairs reports are coming from international regions and not North American releases. so not sure if we are going to have similar issues. my pair though came from international so I'm quite concerned.

other than that, be curious to see a Black Cat edition of this shoe. so sick.

those reports are concerning. not sure if they are real or not or if the shoes are authentic but it could be some regional manufacturing issues. so far, it seems the defective pairs reports are coming from international regions and not North American releases. so not sure if we are going to have similar issues. my pair though came from international so I'm quite concerned.

other than that, be curious to see a Black Cat edition of this shoe. so sick.
This is definitely a model black cat would be dope on. Smoothtwo3 where y'at?

I just watched a YouTube video with Stephen A. debating best PG of all time. He reads a text he got at 5:56 a.m. while Curry is close Magic is the best ...etc. Then he says "this text is from none other than Michael Jeffrey Jordan" and I had this excitement come over me and it almost felt like I had some tears building up. I swear I think if I ever met him I might start crying like a little girl at a Taylor Swift concert. I might even faint

I just watched a YouTube video with Stephen A. debating best PG of all time. He reads a text he got at 5:56 a.m. while Curry is close Magic is the best ...etc. Then he says "this text is from none other than Michael Jeffrey Jordan" and I had this excitement come over me and it almost felt like I had some tears building up. I swear I think if I ever met him I might start crying like a little girl at a Taylor Swift concert. I might even faint

That's from early last week I think. Also MJ was overseas, and it was like during the daytime wherever he was, so the text didn't really get sent at 5 or 6am. Nonetheless, it's Magic > Curry for point guards. That man was incredible. Steph has the "greatest shooter ever" title on lock for eternity though.

Back
Top Bottom