Air Jordan 38

I need some great leather on at least one pair of these and it looks like they will get me. Any really cheap 💩 and I’m out.

If these actually look like I envision, they’re the best looking new Jordan to me in years. But that includes materials. If we’re getting yet another potato sack shoe, then never mind :lol:
But it kinda looks to me like the toes and upper white parts are actually (synthetic) leather.

That back view is just so, so nice…

5DC6BF1C-5775-4ADE-A0B5-57E6F090B9A7.jpeg

Yall kill me with this. Every damn year. Yall gotta stop it man. Come in the thread all fake optimistic, tryna convince yourselves it has "potential" knowing deep in your heart it's just more 🗑. This how you know yall suffer from Stockholm syndrome. 🤦🏾‍♂️ Quite sad..

Yall kill me with this. Every damn year. Yall gotta stop it man. Come in the thread all fake optimistic, tryna convince yourselves it has "potential" knowing deep in your heart it's just more 🗑. This how you know yall suffer from Stockholm syndrome. 🤦🏾‍♂️ Quite sad..

Then maybe stop coming into the thread for the new AJ every year and saying that same thing over and over. You’re clearly not changing anyone’s mind to think like you, so just save yourself the aggravation.

lawdog1 lawdog1 I'm not tryna change anyone's mind. You taking my post too serious. :lol: dmoney23444 dmoney23444 the last sig that was really, really good was the 36. 34 orbit was awesome, but the other colorways were 🗑. Pretty much everything else since 23 has been straight gimmick garbage, unfortunately.

I come in here every year hoping to be wrong, hoping to like them. It Never happens.

lawdog1 lawdog1 I'm not tryna change anyone's mind. You taking my post too serious. :lol: dmoney23444 dmoney23444 the last sig that was really, really good was the 36. 34 orbit was awesome, but the other colorways were 🗑. Pretty much everything else since 23 has been straight gimmick garbage, unfortunately.

I come in here every year hoping to be wrong, hoping to like them. It Never happens.
i was talking about new basketball sneakers in general. Not Jordan’s.

i was talking about new basketball sneakers in general. Not Jordan’s.
All the new designs are 🗑. There actually aren't any new basketball shoes I like. The zion 2 wasn't bad looking. The Morant look ok, but nothing will ever touch 90s and 2000s bball shoe designs. Can we all agree on this?

Clearer pics. Can’t wait for the official release!!!

JS”

Yea. These are hard.

I'm usually disappointed every year, too. But I personally think, from what I can see in all the pics so far, that these are good. I like the colorblocking, I like the shape, and if the materials are good/interesting, then I think they did a great job for once. These certainly look like a Jordan to me. I know looks are subjective, but what's so wrong with these? Looks like a tech-ed up Zoom Generation, to some degree. Nothing wrong with that, in my eyes.

Speaking of subjectivity, I barely look for anything on Reddit, ever, but I stumbled onto a thread about these. Loads of people calling them "hideous." Goes to show people are out of their damn minds LOL. OK, if these aren't someone's cup of tea, fair enough, but it's a white and black shoe with logical lines and some hits of red and gray. I guess I can't really argue if someone doesn't like it for an Air Jordan sig, but calling this shoe ugly seems insane to me. It's 100 times better than that train wreck called the 37.

I just don't understand how for 23 years the sig literally never missed, then all of a sudden everything instantly falls to 💩. It almost feels intentional. How else can it be explained?

Have to agree to disagree with you there, chief. 15s are trash. Don't much care for 18s or 19s or 20s or 21s, either. Hate the OG 8s these days, and I had the original release in '93. I didn't really even like them then, no one I knew did. I only got them because they were a gift. See, subjective. :lol:

21 and 22 are good shoes and if you like the 38, then you really should have no problem with those models at all. My opinion though.
I am sure the 38 is another great on court performer. But as far as looks go, I have already seen the best designs they could possibly put out.

Back
Top Bottom