Air Jordan 39 (XXXIX)

Oh well..looks like the first Air Jordan model I will not own. Cannot stand low top sneakers and all these brands keep making shoes lower and lower.
If this is the only one you aren’t buying due to the cut of the shoe, then I wonder what you think the cut of pretty much every Air Jordan is. They are almost all about this same height.

I like 'em. Can't wait to see how the XDR version looks. Colorways look dull though, need another splash of red or anything other than white/black/grey :ohwell:

Still gonna cop because I'm curious on the tech

AE1s and the Hardens and the upcoming Dames look so much better.

If I'm not mistaken there was a couple JB/Nike designers that moved over to the stripes and everyone kinda forgot about it because adidas didn't immediately drop heat....looks like they found their way after a couple of years.

Adidas is taking risks and aren't leaning on much stripes history, perhaps in the next decade of Jordan Brand they should lean a little less on Jordan history and try more new things 🤷🏾‍♂️

If anyone would like a black \ red photoshop, Lmk the desired color placement and I'll start it.

They definitely have some Zion 3 undertones,... I'm definitely in for a couple pairs without hesitation,.... I'm anxious to see the colorways that they didn't show,.... But I'm definitely waiting to see those too! I can't wait to see and put them on personally

Not sure if this was posted but here is an interview with 2 of the J39 designers. Seems like a bunch of BS was put into this project. These joints look like the Melo Balls.

Besides the usual marketing BS about MJ's direction, some of the decisions they made I really like

Low cut, trying for a more minimalist design, and simple colorways. All sound good.

But the design of the shoe just doesn't connect with me.

If I'm not mistaken there was a couple JB/Nike designers that moved over to the stripes and everyone kinda forgot about it because adidas didn't immediately drop heat....looks like they found their way after a couple of years.

Adidas is taking risks and aren't leaning on much stripes history, perhaps in the next decade of Jordan Brand they should lean a little less on Jordan history and try more new things 🤷🏾‍♂️
I've been saying it for years, it's enough already with the Jumpman logo.

I am a big Paolo fan but a 22 and 7 guy debuting Jordan’s is wild….
They turned this upside down
IMG_5117.jpeg

Agreed.

37s and 38s were trash.
We need to retire “trash” as an adjective to describe sneakers. It’s lost all meaning. Good on the court but not the best looking? Trash. Beautiful but bad on the court? Trash. Look good, play good, but not as good as XYZ model? Trash. I don’t even know what the word means anymore.

37’s and 38’s weren’t my favorite, but I played in the 37 for a year now in two color wars and they were perfectly fine to me even if there are better options out there. It’s decent. Not all time great, but not trash, either.

We need to retire “trash” as an adjective to describe sneakers. It’s lost all meaning. Good on the court but not the best looking? Trash. Beautiful but bad on the court? Trash. Look good, play good, but not as good as XYZ model? Trash. I don’t even know what the word means anymore.

37’s and 38’s weren’t my favorite, but I played in the 37 for a year now in two color wars and they were perfectly fine to me even if there are better options out there. It’s decent. Not all time great, but not trash, either.

You’re entitled to your opinion.

Back
Top Bottom