Air Jordan 39 (XXXIX)

What would everyone like to see with technology or packaging? With Jason Mayden back wouldn’t it be sweet if they retroed these?
IMG_0573.jpeg
Man you make it look so easy. Can you do a bulls colorway like the 11s

Flagship of a billion dollar company and thats what you get. Just so so weak.

I hope there’s some kind of twist or that they are the best feeling best performing lightest fastest bounciest jordans ever made, cause on appearance alone, all these colorways are weaksauce. I hope there is some twist that makes them dope

Looks like a fisher price boat with a plain shoe inside of it.

Flagship of a billion dollar company and thats what you get. Just so so weak.

all these colorways are weaksauce.
Well said...

The 38s & 39s are ugly and just ridiculous compared to 8s & 9s lol.
Fixed.

As a sneaker enthusiast you can kind of tell if a sneaker will make some kind of an impact on history years to come. These 39s are doing the opposite. Nobody will beg for these to retro in the future.

What made the sig line so special, IMO, is the perfect balance of function and performance, coupled with casual appeal. We haven't had that really since the xx3, which is also when I think the sig line shoulda ended.

It woulda been a perfect ending like his last shot in Utah to capture that 6th and final ring.

What made the sig line so special, IMO, is the perfect balance of function and performance, coupled with casual appeal. We haven't had that really since the xx3, which is also when I think the sig line shoulda ended.

It woulda been a perfect ending like his last shot in Utah to capture that 6th and final ring.
We haven’t really had that with any basketball shoe in 15+ years. It’s not a Jordan thing. It’s the tech evolving to a point where these synthetic mesh and plastics will never carry casual appeal.

It's not necessarily the materials, imo. It's the terrible designs.
Most of the designs are terrible for casual wear, dunno about basketball. I think they work fine for that. Dudes trying to wear AEs and Hardens out to the bar like that works. None of these current basketball shoes have any casual appeal. I guess they tried for that with the Book 1 but that failed in both directions.

I think beyond oversaturation of retros, runners and the other brands have succeeded lately purely based on being an alternative to ugly modern basketball shoes

Back
Top Bottom