Air Jordan 39 (XXXIX)

Do you actually own a pair?
Nope. But I did try on a pair a couple mos ago at FTL out of curiosity. Wouldn’t wear them for hooping or casually.
Seems to me like he has a weird dislike for Booker, so he is ignoring the shoes are selling out, to claim they are some sort of failure
I mean the guy is overrated but not sure where you got “weird dislike” from lol

His first model was produced in low numbers. Just like the AE1 wasn’t made in big numbers either. That’s usually how they roll out the first sig these days. No one wants to overproduce and watch them hit outlets when sneakerheads already strangely basing a shoe’s hype value as binary bricks or heat

Nope. But I did try on a pair a couple mos ago at FTL out of curiosity. Wouldn’t wear them for hooping or casually.

I mean the guy is overrated but not sure where you got “weird dislike” from lol

His first model was produced in low numbers. Just like the AE1 wasn’t made in big numbers either. That’s usually how they roll out the first sig these days. No one wants to overproduce and watch them hit outlets when sneakerheads already strangely basing a shoe’s hype value as binary bricks or heat
-Booker is an All-Star and an All-NBA level player. And is in top 10 in jersey sales.

He is a really good player, and is a guard. Those people tend to be the ones that get sigs.

The weird dislike comment was because of what you said about his personal brand. You were not talking about his play on court. Seems like you have a personal dislike for him, which to me is weird.

-And I said Nike and Adidas underestimated demand. Even if they were produced in higher numbers seem like sales would be better because they still undershot demand.

People were talking like the Books would sit on shelves no matter what, but now they are selling out, the goalposts shifted. Like of course if they were overproduced they would sit. The yearly Jordan doesn't seem to get overproduced and they sit regardless.

Nike's longest running, highest prestige line should be held to much higher standards than a sneaker line that just launched.

JB has had years to figure something out, and they keep failing.

At least Ben Slamin/Nike, and Adidas and their designers didn't drop the ball on the first go. Like JB does constantly.

Last edited:
9s were UGLY, these look sleek and follow the foot and heel.
I think they’re much sleeker than people even realize. We have on foot pics with Banchero who is 6’10 and at least probably wears a size 12.
1714349413245.jpeg

1714349514127.jpeg

These don’t even come close to clunky or chunky or whatever.

Little low cut to me and didn’t seem like anything about them was better than the other cheap/low end Nike basketball lineup.

:rofl:

Dudes on this board say anything. Just say you don't hoop.

A sneaker being low has absolutely nothing to do with basketball, besides the D Book being a mid cut. I guess the Jordan 3 wasn't good for basketball for it's time :rolleyes

I will wait whether or not they are a drop-in midsole or not and preserve my buying decision until then 🤔

I’d guess drop in because the midsole looks like almost everything before it that has had drop ins. Odd that no one has mentioned it yet.

:rofl:

Dudes on this board say anything. Just say you don't hoop.

A sneaker being low has absolutely nothing to do with basketball, besides the D Book being a mid cut. I guess the Jordan 3 wasn't good for basketball for it's time :rolleyes
Say anything? Give me a break dude. I wasn’t looking at it for hooping. I have a permanently torn rotator cuff and don’t ball much anymore. I was just curious about a new shoe and it didn’t strike me as anything special. Sorry Sally is so offended

I think they’re much sleeker than people even realize. We have on foot pics with Banchero who is 6’10 and at least probably wears a size 12.
1714349413245.jpeg

1714349514127.jpeg

These don’t even come close to clunky or chunky or whatever.
I think they look real good. Better than anything we've had in a long time. With nothing goofy going on with it. Except maybe that loop on the tongue, but I can live with that.

Back
Top Bottom