Air Jordan 3Lab5 "Metallic" - Releasing Fall 2014?

a price of 225 doesnt mean it's premium. a price of 170 doesnt even mean it's cheap! :)) all jordan retro shoes are overpriced imo. you pay for the name regardless.

No price mean anything is premium. But when market it as such....you better bring it. Just like the "remastered" Jordans. If they going to market it and say better material with an increase in price, they can't skimp in those areas

Last edited:
I was surprised to see these still on display, when I went to FA yesterday. No it's wasnt EB restock big foot sizes either... Joints were there and nobody cared, but those infared 3lab5 were ghost on arrival

Last edited:
So many young minded, clueless "sneaker heads" is why the shoe game is so messed up now. So many of you 2013/2014 members saying the dumbest stuff and arguing the stupidest of points. You guys will accept anything. My point is very simple, this is not a $246 sneaker. If it wasn't going to have the features of the other 2, there should've been a price difference. Bred I's have Nike Air, no Jumpman on heel, and ok leather. Chicago I's have Jumpman on tongue, Jumpman on heel, and crap leather. They had a $30 price difference. You guys keep making stupid points without having the slightest knowledge on what you're arguing. THIS SHOE WAS A TEST SHOE!!! Now JB knows they can make a "premium" sneaker without premium materials and charge $225 and it'll sell. Further down the line they're going to introduce a true premium shoe with a $300 price tag. Why? Because we paid $225 for a basic Jordan V and shiny box.

And to the "non-intelligent" NTers saying it's as simple as if I don't like it, don't buy it...shut up. You're completely missing the entire point. 1, support of this sneaker enables JB to jack prices up sky high clear across the board meaning a shoe that I truly do want in the future is going to be priced ignorant high just because they can. There are no premium materials on holiday XI's yet the price keeps raising on a shoe that has a higher production run than any other retro. Why? Because regardless, they'll sell. Jordan Brand has no need to increase quality if the mentality is "don't like it, don't buy it." Realistically, those who actually like the shoes shouldn't have to spend that price either. 2, some of us enjoy the thrill of collecting an entire set of a shoe. This Lab series is marketed as a COLLECTOR SERIES. Some of us had dreams of collecting the entire set meaning to complete the set, you may end up purchasing a pair or two that you weren't exactly feeling per-say. But I may need that shoe to complete the series. When I pay the same price for a shoe that lacks the quality of it's predecessors, I have every right to be a lil' upset. Regardless if I don't like the shoe or not, my point is if I pay a premium price for a shoe, I expect a premium shoe. End of story.

can anybody post pics of what the infrared 3lab5 has and what metallic doesnt have??

No leather features in the front, no wax laces.
View media item 1113033

No leather on the inner tongue, Don't know what material that is. 

No leather inner, some other material.
View media item 1113032

And this is exactly it. I have all of the lab series and was set on getting these.....until I learned and saw the differences. I can't give JB $225 for the same shoe with missing "premium" selling points. And you best believe jb gotta give me something really "premium" for that next lab series at $225. Materials were plush on those cigars and champagnes. Still didn't like the price tag, but 20% off ndc code made those an easy pill to swallow. As stated with a car example. No way you gonna charge me 40k with leather accessories....and still 40k without leather and accessories. Just won't happen. I take it most that didn't mind the differences don't own the other lab series so it doesn't really bother them. But, we the consumer must speak through our buying decisions
It is the only way to balance things.

And this is exactly it. I have all of the lab series and was set on getting these.....until I learned and saw the differences. I can't give JB $225 for the same shoe with missing "premium" selling points. And you best believe jb gotta give me something really "premium" for that next lab series at $225. Materials were plush on those cigars and champagnes. Still didn't like the price tag, but 20% off ndc code made those an easy pill to swallow. As stated with a car example. No way you gonna charge me 40k with leather accessories....and still 40k without leather and accessories. Just won't happen. I take it most that didn't mind the differences don't own the other lab series so it doesn't really bother them. But, we the consumer must speak through our buying decisions
It is the only way to balance things.

Finally someone speaking with some logic and not just in here flapping their gums because they feel like talking.I agree with everything you said my man.

PREACH!!!!!!!

Got a lead on a size 14 for retail shipped (not mine)...shoot me a PM for details (not spam mods, just don't want to broadcast info to lurkers).

Seen a pair of DS infrared 3labs for $230 in my local fb group, but i was too late to even try to get em

Got my pair today for 170. Dude tried to sell them for retail saying "I paid 300, I only tried them on but I'll take 225". I contact him offering a DS Pair of Michigan Pillars (I got for free) and $100. He shoots it down and says I'll do 175, so I play it cool and hopped on the deal. Of course they were worn once from the looks of it but as usual he cleaned the soles and tried to pass them off for DS/Tried on. At the end of the day I rather worn once or twice pairs because they still pass for ds and you cant charge rape for them. All in all Im happy, missed my metallics and these will do for now till they get metallics right. I wouldnt mind seeing a custom with red lacelocks red Jumpman  and blacked out heel.

I dont mind the Quality for what I paid. I do have Infrared 3labs and they are better made, when it comes to the amount of leather used inside. Idk who didnt get their element card but I did. Also they shouldnt have the same materials. They actually made these with suede behind the tongue, their less hot and the sock liner doesnt squeak when your heel rubs it. Same concept with slightly different materials that differentiates them from one another. I cant complain I understand jordan brand, most ppl just need to accept whats given or buy something else.

ok, so the verdict is, the metallics look better but the other 3lab5s quality is better? i can dig it...

Got my pair today for 170. Dude tried to sell them for retail saying "I paid 300, I only tried them on but I'll take 225". I contact him offering a DS Pair of Michigan Pillars (I got for free) and $100. He shoots it down and says I'll do 175, so I play it cool and hopped on the deal. Of course they were worn once from the looks of it but as usual he cleaned the soles and tried to pass them off for DS/Tried on. At the end of the day I rather worn once or twice pairs because they still pass for ds and you cant charge rape for them. All in all Im happy, missed my metallics and these will do for now till they get metallics right. I wouldnt mind seeing a custom with red lacelocks red Jumpman  and blacked out heel.

I dont mind the Quality for what I paid. I do have Infrared 3labs and they are better made, when it comes to the amount of leather used inside. Idk who didnt get their element card but I did. Also they shouldnt have the same materials. They actually made these with suede behind the tongue, their less hot and the sock liner doesnt squeak when your heel rubs it. Same concept with slightly different materials that differentiates them from one another. I cant complain I understand jordan brand, most ppl just need to accept whats given or buy something else.
I guess that is a win for you, yet you paid $175 for worn shoes.  There are a bunch selling for retail though...  I guess for me personally I can't buy used stuff, even gently used.

So much irony and contradiction in this thread. People arguing moot points like price when EVERYTHING JORDAN releases is overpriced. It takes less than $10 to makes most of these shoes, your being raped over 300% every ******* time and you people cry over $5-$ increases.

And do you ppl have any shoes with leather inners? If you do you notice they make your feet hot as ****. It sticks when you go barefoot. Leather on the inside is nothing to cry over when talking about leisure shoes. Is the quality the same as previous? They're not, but if its THAT bad, then u just return the ********, it's ****** free! U can always resell for $10-$50 more. I don't get the tears.
You wear leather shoes with no socks???  J/K.  That's that European flavor.

Im glad the leather liner is not in this shoe, too hot!! I did wonder why I gotta Re card and not a El...

20130221-180724.jpg

NIKE yall trippn!!

I guess that is a win for you, yet you paid $175 for worn shoes.  There are a bunch selling for retail though...  I guess for me personally I can't buy used stuff, even gently used.
Your the guys I like to target. If they sell a shoe the've worn they prob dont know what to sell it for. I got a pair of Miro 7s  from a guy like that. He paid who knows how much in flight club and had no clue what to give me the shoes for. All he kept saying was "you know they are worn right". So I gave him DS Cherry 12s and 60 cash. Mind you this was in Summer 2011 when hype was down and Ds cherrys were 180. Ive embraced the used scene and lysol. Best way to have the shoes you dont feel comfortable paying idiotic prices for. Yet to each his own.

Last edited:

Your the guys I like to target. If they sell a shoe the've worn they prob dont know what to sell it for. I got a pair of Miro 7s  from a guy like that. He paid who knows how much in flight club and had no clue what to give me the shoes for. All he kept saying was "you know they are worn right". So I gave him DS Cherry 12s and 60 cash. Mind you this was in Summer 2011 when hype was down and Ds cherrys were 180. Ive embraced the used scene and lysol. Best way to have the shoes you dont feel comfortable paying idiotic prices for. Yet to each his own.
Unsure how you are targeting me, since I don't buy shoes that clearly say they are worn...  But like you said.

Just got to know how to clean the shoe inside and out, with lots of lysol. I have been buying preowned shoes for sometime now. Specially when the ds resell price is too high. But i have a limit on how the inner liner and insole look. It has to be 9-9.5/10.

Are there fakes/GMs of these? I bought a pair that came in today but I'm having doubts of their authenticity.

Back
Top Bottom