Air Jordan 4 & 11 Retail Prices Increase for Holiday 2012

The kick in the balls is when Nike/JB makes an announcement stating that it's due to "rising production costs".

They just finally got smart and realized doubling their money on a pair of shoes could in turn be almost tripled, and you play the "rising costs" card... Easy Breezy

This %$*+ is getting out of hand
Spoiler [+]
Nike and Jb can suck my @+!

Originally Posted by YoShoeGameIsWack

Maybe the prices are going up because its the holidays in November/December
This isn't a temporary price hike. The shoes are going up in price permanently starting with these two pairs. 
The time of year has nothing to do with it. Christmas is once a year every year. 

What cracks me up is fools say every year, well, it's only 10 bucks more...it's only 20 bucks more...year after year. Yet, this $125(AJ 11)shoe is now up to $200. $200 worth of a shoe which isn't even half of the quality it used to be...and don't get me started on shape.

The price increase makes me want to switch over to the KD's and Lebron's because these prices are ******ed for outdated shoes

No more JB releases for me until the Bred XIs. After 2 pairs of those, I'm going to be extremely picky about releases next year.

It's not even the price itself that makes it bad, it's the fact that you have to go through hoops just to buy these shoes.

Originally Posted by rjn915

The 4's releasing in November will be $180 and the 11's in December will be $200. Thoughts?
http://theshoegame.com/articles/air-jordan-4-11-retail-prices-increase-for-holiday-2012.html
indifferent.gif
 Wow.... they don't even hide the greed anymore. $20 increase?

Originally Posted by eddiengambino

The price increase makes me want to switch over to the KD's and Lebron's because these prices are ******ed for outdated shoes

I refuse to pay over $150 a pair for a couple of guys who hasn't even won a ring yet...

Who didn't see this price bump coming? With all the crazy hype that is happening. I just hope that JB finally make more pairs for big holiday releases like this.

Originally Posted by BayArea23

I refuse to pay over $150 a pair for a couple of guys who hasn't even won a ring yet...

Who didn't see this price bump coming? With all the crazy hype that is happening. I just hope that JB finally make more pairs for big holiday releases like this.

What difference does it make? Jordan won 6. Do you think the retro iv or xi is a better shoe than the lebron 9? The premium quality OG Jordans would have a hard time competing.
 With these crap quality retros it ain't even a contest. Not to mention the absolute killing nike is making on these retros. Their spend on R&D is zero, they don't have to pay for the design (except maybe royalties).

Originally Posted by spoonmanofthehour

What cracks me up is fools say every year, well, it's only 10 bucks more...it's only 20 bucks more...year after year. Yet, this $125(AJ 11)shoe is now up to $200. $200 worth of a shoe which isn't even half of the quality it used to be...and don't get me started on shape.

Yup. 
laugh.gif
  Only $20 more, next year when it is $220, they'll say the same thing again.  When it's $240 the following year, they'll say it's only $20 more.

laugh.gif
  I guess it is a bargain when people think they got a good deal on galaxy foams for $800-1000.   

I wouldn't mind the price increase if it meant decent quality but knowing jb quality will stay the same. Crap. No more Js for me, the price hike and quality is not consistent. For $300 I can get a pair of dolce and gabannas or guccis. And they use real premium grade leather

The KD's are 95 bucks, and its been noted that the Lebron 9s have top notch shoe technology currently.
Sorry that I wear my sneakers to play bball in, not just to show off. Yes Jordan is the greatest bball player of all time, but I don't think that entitles his brand to charge me 180-200 bucks for shoes that are prone to have cracks in the midsole or any other quality issues. But hey, it's your money. Besides I will probably get the IVs for nostalgia reasons, and then just stop after that.

Funny how everyone is worked up about the $20 but when half of the people miss out on RD they will settle for $100 or more over retail from a ReSeller and consider it as a nice pick up LoL! Stop worrying about something your not gaurantee to get yet but if you have connects then by all means stress yourself out!

The KD's are 95 bucks, and its been noted that the Lebron 9s have top notch shoe technology currently.
Sorry that I wear my sneakers to play bball in, not just to show off. Yes Jordan is the greatest bball player of all time, but I don't think that entitles his brand to charge me 180-200 bucks for shoes that are prone to have cracks in the midsole or any other quality issues. But hey, it's your money. Besides I will probably get the IVs for nostalgia reasons, and then just stop after that.
i already backed down from a couple of releases .....and like he said it proven that lebrons/kobes/kd's have more technology to them and way more quality..jb knows that people will pay any amount for jordans 3-13 maybe 14's also ...but think about it when was the last time jb released anything past 15 they just soaking up the dollars 

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by CowColor

LOL its funny how you guys are saying you won't buy wait till those official pictures come out and when the date gets near many of you will come back.

Remember dude, a lot of us are sneakerheads

A lot of people already have a lot of these sneakers they're retroing. Especially when you consider the frequency now. People are just getting new ones to keep dead stock or preserve their older ones. After next year with sneakers like the laneys, aquas, bred XIIIs and grapes. A lot of people up here won't have any reason to keep buying Jordans. Those are the sneakers going the highest on the resell market that aren't limited. What does JB have after that? Start releasing more gimmicks like BIN, lasering, premio and quai? That works for a limited sneaker. They think the retroing the XVI or XVIIs going to have people lined up at Christmas?

You kill off sneaker heads, and out price younger kids who are just now developing a love for sneakers and you start killing off a lot of your consumers.
This.  Retros are pretty much all they've got.  Look at how quick all of those 2009, 2010, and 2011's end up at outlets?

After next year's run of V's and the Bred XIII's this brand can eat a richard.  I'd rather grab the few others that I want (OGs and 1st gen retros) than to settle for mediocrity.  Let a reseller keep the lights on another month as opposed to lining MJ's pockets anymore.  Plus there are some reasonable people out there with these shoes who don't always try and rape on the prices.  At least I'll be paying a premium for a well built product.

Once the nostalgia has run its course this brand will croak...of course unless MJ himself croaks.

200 € for some pair of AJ XI that is not better than the 2001 retro and even have a reversed Jumpman on the left shoe?
No thanx ^^

Don't worry lady's and gent's, just as the video game industry is falling over there $60 price hike, Nike shall fall and they will come crawling back to us and begging us to remember the good times they have brought us with their hard work and dedication that they put into their art and craft.

Back
Top Bottom