Air Jordan 4 Black Cat 2019

God, the shape on those 2004-2018 4's was ABSOLUTE trash. :smh: They didn't resemble the OG design, at all. They look like straight up fakes. Even compared to the 1999 4's.

We started at perfection with this...

ajiv-og-br-t.png

We got a damn near 100% perfect retro with these...

Air-Jordan-4-OG-Black-Cement-1989.jpg

Hell, they even tried to improve some things...

Then, somewhere in between the 5 years that passed, Nike/JB decided to make the model a low top, with a long body, and paper thin, excessively long tongues.

Air-Jordan-4-Retro-Cool-Grey.jpg

And then this....

010387_01.jpg

To this day, I'll NEVER understand how ANYONE would ever except this. No matter how clean the damn colorway was. This is my all-time favorite model, and the way Nike literally desecrated on it for 15 whole years, is amazing.

They FINALLY regained a little hope with, last year's Black Cement 4 release... They finally raised the height a little, but the wing alignment on most pairs, was extremely inconsistent.

Air-Jordan-4-Retro-Black-Cement-2019-Product.jpeg

But they went straight back to the low top BS, with the 2019 Cool Grey's, and the Winterized 4's.

Air-Jordan-4-Retro-Cool-Grey-2019.jpeg
air-jordan-4-winterized-loyal-blue-cq9597-401-release-date-info-1200x749.jpg

:smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

Overall, this Black Cat release is okay and I want them, but I wish Nike/JB would STOP lowering the damn height of their retros.....

air-jordan-4-retro-black-cat-2020-CU1110-010-1.jpg

The overall shape is better, plus the tongue FINALLY is padded again, but if I had to choose I WISH had the height of these early fakes...

air-jordan-4-iv-retro-black-cat-2020-cu1110-010-lateral.jpg

They're not OG high, but the height of the ankle collar is high enough, to where the wing has enough room to sit. When they lower it, the wing doesn't have space so it's cut smaller, and it has to sit at this awkward *** crooked angle. I hate this ****, with a SEETHING passion. I past on the 90% of 4's, for this very reason.

Sorry for my rant, NT. I'm running on like 16 hours of sleep since Monday, and I just had to get it off my chest. Sorry, I know it didn't come out right.
I actually prefer the shorter height now that I see them all next to each other

Ftl, Fta, Champs, eastbay are now all showing Jan.22nd as the drop date, on their release calendars.

Fnl still shows 25th.

I actually prefer the shorter height now that I see them all next to each other

That's because they've been short for ALL of these years. You're already accustomed to the ****ery. If they released them with the OG cut all these years, then abruptly changed it to the low cut with these... You'd pass EASILY, NO QUESTION.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's because they've been short for ALL of these years. You're already accustomed to the ****ery. If they released them with the OG cut all these years, then abruptly changed it to the low cut with these... You'd pass EASILY, NO QUESTION.

I see what you mean, but my WC4 and BC4 from the last few years look good to me

So true. That's how they got all of the millennials to get used to the low patent cut on the XI's. :smh:

If it’s the 22nd, then it’s going to be back to back with the Chinese New Year 13. Canadian foot locker website still does not have a date for the the black cats

:emoji_eyes: Just noticed this. Not sure how I feel lol.

I doubt it's actually flipped they probably mirrored/flipped the image of one shoe too make 2 and that's why ones facing a different way.. I'm pretty sure it's been discussed before in other threads about nike doing wierd things for the official photos.. like using sample shoes that are different then release shoes by just a little bit or like 4s with one shoe showing leather wings and one showing plastic on the same image.. so I'm sure it'll be normal.

Last edited:
I doubt it's actually flipped they probably mirrored/flipped the image of one shoe too make 2 and that's why ones facing a different way.. I'm pretty sure it's been discussed before in other threads about nike doing wierd things for the official photos.. like using sample shoes that are different then release shoes by just a little bit or like 4s with one shoe showing leather wings and one showing plastic on the same image.. so I'm sure it'll be normal.

D355B8B1-BCC7-4166-BE55-3DB5F8BD9120.gif
A2695751-D37B-4B3B-988A-DC0426BCFAA6.png

Lol I noticed that too and came to check in here to see if anyone pointed this out.. after this reply I had to go check that vid posted a page back to see for myself.. I’m relieved

I still have my ‘06 pair in wearable condition. I just need to clean up the nubuck a little and unfog the air unit. They may crumble on me from old age though! 14 years is a long time.

The ‘06 black cat isn’t the OG cut though! Not even close. The last ones with proper silhouette were the ‘99 and ‘00s. The chromes were the last ones. Those were all beautiful.

Probably pick up a new pair since these are really fire. At the time people said oh they’re so plain. Just $115 retail but these and the pure money 3s were my favorites of the two sets.

Last edited:
I wish we could go back to those mid 00s prices but I know it will never happen.

These prices now make you think about a purchase.

The problem is that the dollar has lost a lot of purchasing power. So even if the price stayed at the same level $115 from ‘06 would be $145 today. Of course Nike and JB got a little greedy with the normal $190-220 prices. I think only the later retros are worth that much. 11, 12, 13, 14+. These early ones are much cheaper to make.

The problem is that the dollar has lost a lot of purchasing power. So even if the price stayed at the same level $115 from ‘06 would be $145 today. Of course Nike and JB got a little greedy with the normal $190-220 prices. I think only the later retros are worth that much. 11, 12, 13, 14+. These early ones are much cheaper to make.

Not only that, materials, shipping, and production

God, the shape on those 2004-2018 4's was ABSOLUTE trash. :smh: They didn't resemble the OG design, at all. They look like straight up fakes. Even compared to the 1999 4's.

We started at perfection with this...

ajiv-og-br-t.png

We got a damn near 100% perfect retro with these...

Air-Jordan-4-OG-Black-Cement-1989.jpg

Hell, they even tried to improve some things...

Then, somewhere in between the 5 years that passed, Nike/JB decided to make the model a low top, with a long body, and paper thin, excessively long tongues.

Air-Jordan-4-Retro-Cool-Grey.jpg

And then this....

010387_01.jpg

To this day, I'll NEVER understand how ANYONE would ever except this. No matter how clean the damn colorway was. This is my all-time favorite model, and the way Nike literally desecrated on it for 15 whole years, is amazing.

They FINALLY regained a little hope with, last year's Black Cement 4 release... They finally raised the height a little, but the wing alignment on most pairs, was extremely inconsistent.

Air-Jordan-4-Retro-Black-Cement-2019-Product.jpeg

But they went straight back to the low top BS, with the 2019 Cool Grey's, and the Winterized 4's.

Air-Jordan-4-Retro-Cool-Grey-2019.jpeg
air-jordan-4-winterized-loyal-blue-cq9597-401-release-date-info-1200x749.jpg

:smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

Overall, this Black Cat release is okay and I want them, but I wish Nike/JB would STOP lowering the damn height of their retros.....

air-jordan-4-retro-black-cat-2020-CU1110-010-1.jpg

The overall shape is better, plus the tongue FINALLY is padded again, but if I had to choose I WISH had the height of these early fakes...

air-jordan-4-iv-retro-black-cat-2020-cu1110-010-lateral.jpg

They're not OG high, but the height of the ankle collar is high enough, to where the wing has enough room to sit. When they lower it, the wing doesn't have space so it's cut smaller, and it has to sit at this awkward *** crooked angle. I hate this ****, with a SEETHING passion. I past on the 90% of 4's, for this very reason.

Sorry for my rant, NT. I'm running on like 16 hours of sleep since Monday, and I just had to get it off my chest. Sorry, I know it didn't come out right.

the height doesn’t bother me as much as the ugly banana shape. 2004-2015 were the awful years for the 4s...actually most retros in general.
2015 the remastered 4s came out and they were by far way better than the banana shape 4s.. still not true to the OG but waaaaay better in terms of quality and mold of course.

Has anyone seen these up close to report on the shade of black? In some videos they look amazing in others quite ashy. In the meantime I got cements, oreos, royals and I thought I was out but damn I would like a pair.

Why are these not up in any of the footsites apps? Or is it just my app messing up? Footlocker says the 22nd but the only thing under launch locator is the yeezys... Same for footaction and champs

Why are these not up in any of the footsites apps? Or is it just my app messing up? Footlocker says the 22nd but the only thing under launch locator is the yeezys... Same for footaction and champs
Same. Been checking everyday. I must just cop on nike app. Problen is i havent own 4s in 15 years. Idk if i should get a 12.5 or a 13. My suede 5s are 12.5 and good. My own problem.

I rather get these instead

Attachments

• 4490D81B-E4E4-4F89-BBEB-1C700B2EFC6E.jpeg
    4490D81B-E4E4-4F89-BBEB-1C700B2EFC6E.jpeg
    143.7 KB · Views: 333
Back
Top Bottom