AIR JORDAN 4 Black/Cement/Grey BLACK FRIDAY via COUNTERKICKS 03/08/12

man i cannot miss on these. i really aint tryna compete against cats on black friday neither. i might have to grab these early or buy a pair off here

We talked about this over numerous previous black Friday releases, but the fact JB takes one of its most popular joints ever, and releases it on a day where the malls are already full of beasts seeking deals on laptops and TVs, is a blatant slap in the face to its most loyal of customers. It would be difficult enough getting these on a regular Saturday release, but couple it with dealing with thousands of people looking for cheap Xboxes it's gonna be a problem. Last year's Black Friday BCIII release was easy for me, but that was also before the Concord release, which opened the flood gates of a new generation of shoe seekers -- the same people who call the Concords "The White Space Jams" ... #AboutTimeToRetire

The red on the shoe is darker than I expected, but other than that the SneakerWatch pics look good. I don't mind the Cavs IV material.

I hope the red doesn't really look that dark on the 2012 pair. That was one of the reasons I passed on 2011 Black Cements and picked up a CDP pair instead. If that's the case, I hope I can find CDP 4s for the low when Black Friday rolls around...

You guys who cling to your yellowed sole/midsole shoes and then complain about the new ones amaze me. I remember people bashing the CDP IV hard. Infact, that was one of the first JB releases that really took flack about being bad quality. Now dudes are "passing" on these and praising the cdps as if they are good quality. As I remember it, the material used on the cdp was the main complaint about the shoe. :smh: At least the 2012 actually look clean. Have you guys ever heard the term "change for the better". Sometimes things actually do change for the better, including Jordans/Nike. I like the jet black nubuck look vs the greyish dull looking durabuck that shows it's age easily over time. It was alway my durabuck shoes ie. 2000 blk/infr VI that had that "ashy" look after a few wears. My Blk/infr VI from the pack for example does not. But yeah, it's the same complaint, different release with yall dudes. Five years from now same dudes complaining and critiquing these will be the same dudes "grailing" these when the next one come out.

Prepare for itemized corrections...

1. People have been disappointed in the quality of IV's since at least as far back as the 06 Mars and Military's, when the poor shape and inferior materials first really reared their ugly head

2. Most peoples complaints about the CDP IV centered on these issues: paint-chipping, huge toe-box, low heal, freaking banana shape, being forced to buy the XIX as well

3. Whether you like the nubuck or not, these are definitely not "cleaner" looking, even nice suede has a fuzzy look to it, and these are not nice suede

4. Your 2000 durabuck Vi's are ashier than your 2010 nubuck VI's because they are 12 years old, if your durabuck shoes were ashy after "a few wears" than you should have cleaned them

5. People will have the "same complaints" with the way JB makes IV's, until JB stops screwing them up with one problem or another

Last edited:
These releases aren't as exciting as before. Hopefully they did fix that peeling issue. I've seen some 4's from 06 & the CDP that had the hufquake effect. lol

Passed on the last metallic Vs for the material but can't pass on these cause of it.... 2 for sure pairs 3 if I can.
glasses.gif

Actually looking forward for these to release! but seems its going to be impossible to get with all these little sh*ts having their moms and Gmas line up for them

Early Pickup Review

Thanks for the new vid. Wasn't much more info to glean from that one, but still a decent look

As a side note, one thing that drives me nuts with all these supposed review vids is that they spend no time examining how the shape/side stitching/materials/toe-box/sizing has turned out, but they give extended minutes of looking at the freaking sole, which is the one thing JB has managed not to screw up for the past 10 years

my favorite pair of mikes i cant believe they are finally comin back out **** feel like a dream all need now are some grapes and laneys and i would be satisfied

Back
Top Bottom