Air Jordan 4 x UNION LA Thread

Been said DMs were fire, since the initial pics. That’s why when the general consensus is different than what my eyes and brain tell me, I know (a lot, not all) people are just followers. Especially in the sneaker world where a lot of people are young/dumb and impressionable. Union straight up crushed it. Taupes are the least-best, and even those are better than 95% of other sneakers.
I don’t think it needs to be that philosophical as to why other people (whether it be a couple or tons) have tastes that are aligned or opposed to your own personal tastes.

That being said, for me personally in terms of the Union 4s it goes:
Noirs > Taupes > Guavas > Desert Moss
Just not a fan of that yellowish, wheatish, greenish upper, or it being combined on the shoe with purple and the other colorful hits. I’ve said it be
The Union 4 is a dope shoe regardless of colorway IMO, but not a fan of the colors on the DS pair. I’m not really a fan of the Guavas either, but the DS are just a smidge too weird for me personally.

I don’t think it needs to be that philosophical as to why other people (whether it be a couple or tons) have tastes that are aligned or opposed to your own personal tastes.

That being said, for me personally in terms of the Union 4s it goes:
Noirs > Taupes > Guavas > Desert Moss
Just not a fan of that yellowish, wheatish, greenish upper, or it being combined on the shoe with purple and the other colorful hits. I’ve said it be
The Union 4 is a dope shoe regardless of colorway IMO, but not a fan of the colors on the DS pair. I’m not really a fan of the Guavas either, but the DS are just a smidge too weird for me personally.
Don’t be a follower, according to prior post you HAVE to love the Desert Moss to be independent.

S ShaSam When I wrote “a lot, not all” that precisely left room for people like j mobile j mobile to genuinely not like the sneaker, because OF COURSE styles are subjective. So no, my post decidedly did NOT say or imply that at all.

When you read “a lot, not all” what did you think that meant? I’m genuinely curious. The words are small and the phrase is short. How can you possibly misconstrue it so badly? Do I have to start drawing pictures because simple words are too difficult? Sheesh.

Last edited:
I've said it before but I absolutely love unions take on the air jordan 4 so I had to finish the set.

20210915_112430.jpg

The desert moss is the weakness out of the pack imo but they are still 🔥. My ranking for them is till guava>noir=taupe>desert moss.

Taupes are just so plain and boring. And some people like boring sneakers, that’s fine. I don’t. I’m okay with boring clothing, but not sneakers. Not Jordans, especially.

And the ballistic mesh on the second batch barf. dont wanna see no ballistic mesh on the toe box
Facts. That's a big part of the reason why I just sold/traded my Desert Moss pair. The mesh on the OG Union 4s was gold. Wore my off noirs about 10 times and they still look new. I clean them after every wear but no creasing on the toe box whatsoever. I get it. Toe boxes crease. But people acting like it's weird to not want your toe box to crease are trippin. I want my kicks to look as new as possible as long as possible. most of us do. I don't mind signs of wear. .....Just not after 3 steps out the door. That's too soon lol

The Noirs are easily my favorite of the bunch, as I skew more towards black or black-based shoes, but generally speaking I think the Union iteration of the Jordan 4 is a dope model. Taupes are my second favorite, as I love the more neutral tone of them. Both the Guavas and the Desert Moss pairs are a bunch of pedestals below the other two previously mentioned pairs, solely due to their colors. That pale pink of the Guavas, and that yellowish/wheatish-greenish (paired with purple on the other panels) of the DS’s, are just two colors I’m not a fan of for my footwear.

Facts. That's a big part of the reason why I just sold/traded my Desert Moss pair. The mesh on the OG Union 4s was gold. Wore my off noirs about 10 times and they still look new. I clean them after every wear but no creasing on the toe box whatsoever. I get it. Toe boxes crease. But people acting like it's weird to not want your toe box to crease are trippin. I want my kicks to look as new as possible as long as possible. most of us do. I don't mind signs of wear. .....Just not after 3 steps out the door. That's too soon lol
the mesh reminds me of the earlier air maxes where it was more of a knit material. this is like 03-06 era maxes. ballistic mesh doesnt have that weave look so it just looks a little too flat.

Back
Top Bottom