Air Jordan 4 x UNION LA Thread

Nike should drop a major collab Jordan but not reveal it as a collab and see if it sits on shelves. Then later reveal that it is a collab and watch how quickly those pairs on the shelves sell out :lol:
this is a brilliant idea....reminds of the Union 1 flea market fiasco.......the challenge however, would be seeing which potential collab partner would be willing to put their design in the troll. would have to have thick skin and a good sense of humor and a strong brand wouldn't hurt too. because if it gets panned it could be damaging.

I have worn my Taupes a couple times already and creasing is minimal. Only one of my toes even has a crease and it’s light. Some people just can’t handle the fact that shoes crease.
i don't mind that shoes crease but, you have to consider a couple things.....
1. there are only a handful of kicks that i can accept that crease almost instantly. i wear my kicks but, i also want them to look new as long as possible. this idea that people want their shoes to look beat is weird to me. aging over time as you live in them...cool. creasing after one wear for a few hours....no bueno
2. if you bought this particular model with one of the reasons being loving the materials on the og drops and how the toe box was resistant to creasing then i can see why you would be disappointed.

again back to point 1, this is especially true if you paid resell. Unions are already $250 retail. That's a bargain these days but, its still a whole lot of cash on kicks. Then to pay resell, like I did, i want to get as much bang for my buck as possible. I think of it like a car. as you increase in mileage you are going to get wear and tear and that's expected and accepted. but, you don't want 100k mile issues at 50k miles. ruins the experience and makes you feel like you aren't getting the bang for your buck

Seems like desert moss prices settled around $450...I might strike

What's the sizing? Do these run bigger than regular 4s or same sizing?
i think so. i have a wide foot and for comfort i go up a half size on most regular 4's but for my off noirs i went a whole size up (my foot could fit in an 11 and 11.5 but, i felt the pinch in both. size 12 felt fine and no heel slip as long as they aren't left loose and untied) i did the same on the desert moss and the size 12 felt noticeably bigger. haven't had a chance to try an 11 or 11. 5 but, i'm sure i could go with my usual half size up or tts. again, i'm a wide footer, maybe more semi wide, so this may not apply.

this is a brilliant idea....reminds of the Union 1 flea market fiasco.......the challenge however, would be seeing which potential collab partner would be willing to put their design in the troll. would have to have thick skin and a good sense of humor and a strong brand wouldn't hurt too. because if it gets panned it could be damaging.

Interesting thought experience, however, I think we all know the obvious outcome. They would "sit" compared to if it was known to be a collab. We all know marketing and celebrity work; there's no real need to test it ;-).

So people gripe about the BC4s with the underwhelming/disappointing toe-box shape (which is true), but are OK with Unions with the MASSIVE cliff toe?

Using StockX was your first mistake. Dealing with them is gonna be a ***** now. Have they responded?

Not really. If he paid with a credit card then there's nothing StockX can do. A simple chargeback is all he needs to do. He'll probably get banned though.

I think I'ma part with my ds guavas sz 10.5 i wanna cut down to only what I know I'ma wear.

I'll eventually part with my Noir for the right pair I can't get for retail. Also, need to cut down since I'm running out of space. I'm 2 closets in, spare bedroom, and storage.

Not really. If he paid with a credit card then there's nothing StockX can do. A simple chargeback is all he needs to do. He'll probably get banned though.

I'll eventually part with my Noir for the right pair I can't get for retail. Also, need to cut down since I'm running out of space. I'm 2 closets in, spare bedroom, and storage.

Damn; how many pairs is that total?

Got the Noirs a few months ago and have been wearing them like 3 times a week. Love these
FEB34AB6-AC59-46AF-8DDC-D4C712911973.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom