Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.
8/8/12 at 1:52am

21o4spd.png

pimp.gif

Update- 8/10/12 at 3:00 pm

http://www.modern-notoriety.com/2012/08/10/air-jordan-5-retro-grape-returns-in-2013/

Air Jordan 5 Retro ‘Grape’ Returns in 2013
Friday, August 10, 2012

air-jordan-5-v-retro-ls-white-grape-ice-new-emerald-2.jpg

We were all psyched when rumors about a Grape / Laney pack began to take over the message boards and blogs but to no surprise, the pack was another one of those misleading rumors that was later forgotten. However, let’s not forget that 2013 is the 23rd anniversary of the Air Jordan 5 and guess what colorway will be making its return? Yep, you guessed it, the Air Jordan 5 “Grape” will be making its long awaited 2nd retro debut sometime in the Summer quarter. It is not known how different this retro will look compared to the 2006 version so before we jump into conclusions, let us wait until the first sample photos begin to surface in the next few months. Let us know if you’ll be purchasing the Grape 5 next year.

air-jordan-5-v-retro-ls-white-grape-ice-new-emerald-1.jpg

Update 1/8/13

05/04/13 Air Jordan Retro 5
136027-108 White/New Emerald-Grape-Ice Blue
$160.00 - Mens
$115.00 - Gradeschool
$75.00 - Preschool
$55.00 - Toddler
$45.00 - Infant
MY FAVORITE PAIR OF J's and I feel like they dont get they credit i think they deserve. I cannot wait for these to come out but at the end of the day 

^The last time these came out I saw someone got beat the **** up for these. Now people who don't know any better are spending 300 on a pair of early releases. Also these are in many people's top 5 and one of the most anticipated 5s as well as one of the most anticipated kicks of the year. How are they not getting the respect it deserves?

I am copping the black grapes but damn that suede :x

Don't think I will get both black grapes and oreos. It is one or the other for me.

Last edited:
^The last time these came out I saw someone got beat the **** up for these. Now people who don't know any better are spending 300 on a pair of early releases. Also these are in many people's top 5 and one of the most anticipated 5s as well as one of the most anticipated kicks of the year. How are they not getting the respect it deserves?

I am copping the black grapes but damn that suede
sick.gif

Don't think I will get both black grapes and oreos. It is one or the other for me.
Well i do agree with you that the 5's are one of the top five jordan models I was more stating towards the colorway. In 2006? I was in hs and copped two pairs with ease and felt like they were underestimated i guess its just the area where I live not being fans of the purple. Have talked about it with a couple people they arent fans of it, I just personally cant wait.

I don't like suede... gets ashy too quickly. Those black/pink 5s I bought a few years back I hardly ever even wear anyway.

But are the blacks a CONFIRMED release? Like do we have a release date?

I don't like suede... gets ashy too quickly. Those black/pink 5s I bought a few years back I hardly ever even wear anyway.

But are the blacks a CONFIRMED release? Like do we have a release date?
This might also be a question for the sneaker maintenance thread, but is there any way to just "treat" the suede before wearing it, so it doesn't look/get as ashy so quickly?  Never really be copping suede shoes, so I've had no reason to ask before, but I'm sure there is some shoe cleaner/protector out there that would accomplish this.....ultimately would make this the blacks an even more for sure cop.   

these joints is ALL over fordham road in da bx right now...

think imma pass since i still have a fresh pair of 2006's and there's no way imma keep doubling up on OG colorways without a nike air.

Could have been that he needed the money, they didn't fit right, they were yellowing, ect.

The only thing that urks me, is people selling 06s to buy these. Like, why?
laugh.gif
lost in the hype would be the explanation.... i destroyed my 06's also had the originals in gs i was in 4th grade when they originally dropped ....my grandfather pitched a damn fit cause he didnt understand why i wanted a "tennis shoe" as they called for that amount of money lol 

i ended up getting them....this time i will get 2 pair 

Still have my 06 pair in vnds condition...but I still plan on copping a new one (if I can avoid camping)...in my top 5 favorite Jordan

Just saw this on Instagram. Idk if its any different the previous one that was posted.
That jacket actually makes me wanna buy the grapes even though I'm not their biggest fan. It just screams "nostalgia"!! Lmao

Edit-minus the jumpman of course

Last edited:
Could have been that he needed the money, they didn't fit right, they were yellowing, ect.

laugh.gif
Uh because you can sell the 06's for double their original value which means you can cop the 2013's and still have 100-200 dollars in profit. The 06 is only slightly better quality so it makes perfect sense to me.

laugh.gif
Uh because you can sell the 06's for double their original value which means you can cop the 2013's and still have 100-200 dollars in profit. The 06 is only slightly better quality so it makes perfect sense to me.
Again;

2013 Grapes = Fire Red 5s (2013)

Fire Red 5s =/= 2006 Grapes. Period.

And they are differently aesthetically. 

So is that extra money worth it when you are downgrading? Not really/

Again;

2013 Grapes = Fire Red 5s (2013)

Fire Red 5s =/= 2006 Grapes. Period.

And they are differently aesthetically. 

So is that extra money worth it when you are downgrading? Not really/
Dude I have the 06 Grapes and the Fire Red 5's. I also have the 2013 Fire Red 5's. The quality is not that much better. I can understand why someone would sell them, go cop the 2013 Grapes and pocket the extra money. Yes the extra money might be worth it to the next man. If it's not worth it to you then it's not worth it to YOU.

Last edited:
These look real good, can't wait to May 4th.

These will probably be the hardest GR retro of the year, next to the 11s and the Black/White 13s.

These look real good, can't wait to May 4th.

These will probably be the hardest GR retro of the year, next to the 11s and the Black/White 13s.
Saw them today on a cat while I was out getting the Easter Kobes. They looked 
smokin.gif
. Can't wait to cop mine bruh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom