Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.
what;s funny is I rarely run into cats wearing their Black/Red XI's here in LA. You;d think I'd see way more, but its the opposite. Maybe people are waiting to break them out. I know i am.
myself i wear a shoe maybe 4-5 years passed its RD to UN-DS....why i hate walking around and seeing the same shoe every where i'd rather wait break necks and receive complements

this is what the JB forum has turned into?

You should be able to get one of the NT fam to spot you and ship it your way at retail.   I'll be willing to do it.  We have to look out for our Military.
repped, I'm from a military family and will be joining soon, and I have the utmost respect for those who respect our military personnel

Shiekh posted this picture on Instagram today, all those pairs.

Holy crap. I can really probably just sleep in and still pick up 2 pairs of these.

Wouldn't count on it.

I've got money saying these will sell out regardless of production numbers.

Also, keep in mind that sheikh photo is most likely ALL of Shiekhs inventory, divided up by all the stores.

Can everyone please educate me on the process since I've been out of the retro Jordan loop for awhile now? I haven't gotten Jordans since 2008 due to declines in quality and rehashed details with higher price points. But I'm on the fence about these since I have a Mitchell & Ness 1990s Hornets jacket along with a couple of New Era fitted Hornets hats and its virtually impossible to find sneaks that match Hornets gear.

I just got burnt out by the hassles of getting Jordans along with having to live with their beyond subpar quality. Its just worth camping out or waiting for me, like some peeps with common sense in here said, its time you can't get back when you could be doing something productive or profitable.

Regarding raffles, in order to increase your odds of winning, do you have to hit multiple spots what will be getting them to get a ticket? Is it worth the work and drive of having to obtain tickets to try to ensure you have a better chance of winning a raffle based on number of tickets in your possession?

Called finishline Monday and they said they would give out ticket info Wednesday, called today and said they gave them out already.

:x

Last edited:
Can everyone please educate me on the process since I've been out of the retro Jordan loop for awhile now? I haven't gotten Jordans since 2008 due to declines in quality and rehashed details with higher price points. But I'm on the fence about these since I have a Mitchell & Ness 1990s Hornets jacket along with a couple of New Era fitted Hornets hats and its virtually impossible to find sneaks that match Hornets gear.

I just got burnt out by the hassles of getting Jordans along with having to live with their beyond subpar quality. Its just worth camping out or waiting for me, like some peeps with common sense in here said, its time you can't get back when you could be doing something productive or profitable.

Regarding raffles, in order to increase your odds of winning, do you have to hit multiple spots what will be getting them to get a ticket? Is it worth the work and drive of having to obtain tickets to try to ensure you have a better chance of winning a raffle based on number of tickets in your possession?
Getting more raffle tickets definitely will increase your chances of getting the shoes. For this release, you shouldn't have to go through too much trouble. Hit up one or two malls closest to you and see how the shoe stores there are doing it. Definitely grab a ticket at each store you can. The quality these days is definitely not worth the camping out so raffles are pretty convenient since you can pick up any time between 10-6 if you win. For this release, guaranteed pair tickets have been given out so if you get those, you're good. These also shouldn't be too hard to cop online since. For other releases though, you should put in more effort since they won't be produced like this one.

The stores where i'm at got the usual 25 pairs each store.. so hopefully they call me 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
I just came back from picking up two raffle tickets from Foot locker and HOH 34th St. A lot of dudes cut school just to pick up a raffle ticket. They asked for my size at Foot locker, but not HOH. I asked why they didn't ask and here is what they said, "the big foot locker is weird we don't (####) with them (#####)". You can add in those two words lol, I was professional dressed when they told me that lol.

Last edited:
For anyone who has merchandise return cards i.e. store credit within the Foot Locker Inc. based companies i.e. Foot Locker, Footaction and Champs, has anyone else been told they can't use it to purchase these shoes since its an anticipated release date product?

I called around, most stores within my radius won't allow you to purchase these with store credit if you have it since they deem or view it as making an exchange for them, but instead of physically bringing in merchandise to exchange for them on release day, you basically brought in merchandise at a previous time and got credit for it on a plastic card. So they basically see it as making an exchange for the shoes on release day when you use the store credit to purchase. I already know they have a strict no exchange policy on release date products on the first 2 weeks of release date. I guess they view the store credit as circumventing the policy since you brought goods in earlier to load onto a card to use it at a later date.

Some spots I called will accept it since its considered a form of legitimate payment. But those spots are out of my vicinity somewhat and I don't want to burn gas to go through a raffle, then having to come back to purchase them on Saturday should I get called.

I'll only try to get these if I can use my store credit since I already have it from previous returns I made. Does anyone think Foot Locker Inc. sounds contradictory by restricting customers from using store credit to purchase release date products? Where does it say on the cards that you can't purchase those types of products? NOWHERE. I don't find it fair I can't use my cards to buy these when the cards even state treat them like cash because they cannot be replaced. Isn't store credit like cash, but obviously relegated for use at the specified company?

Sorry for the long winded post. Can anyone offer any opinion and advise on this? Do y'all think I can try to speak to the district manager in charge of the stores in my vicinity regarding this and tell him what I posted to y'all to persuade him? I actually have a Foot Locker Inc. regional office number that houses all the DMs. I was thinking about calling in today to get connected to the one local to me. I was thinking I can persuade him about customer service concerns regarding being able to use my credits to buy these. Do y'all think its an issue a DM will try to accommodate?

I'll only try to get these sneaks if I can burn my credit on this because I just don't have $160 plus tax straight cash homie to waste on these. I feel like its going backwards if I pay for them when I already have enough store credit stocked up like that.

Local footlocker doing guaranteed tickets and they have 3 sizes available... Really?!

Only two of us here and one of those sizes is mine but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom