Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.
so they changed it to march eh? guess the white black 13s will be a no go for me.

I don't get it. Whats the point of owning a pair of kicks if your not going to wear it. That same friend owns a pair of CG11s. Still D/S...Its just too much to comprehend sometimes. If I am fortunate to get a pair this year. I will be wearing them at least once this summer.

We are in a culture where a lot of us wear some kicks a few times a year (less than 10) So having a DS pair of kicks that is 5 years old is just meh to me. If my Fire Red IVs dont get sold on eBay, I doubt I will wear em for a long time. No need scuffing up 3 white based IVs. But I'd rather sell them. They were too low quality for me to justify that purchase. Thats a whole nother story.

If it wasnt for people who keep theirs DS so long we wouldnt be able to find older pairs as easily as we can, we wouldnt have the high quality pics of some OGs/Older retroes that we do, etc. I am thinking of grabbing Cool Grey IVs, so I will be very thankful to the person who kept them DS

Last edited:
We are in a culture where a lot of us wear some kicks a few times a year (less than 10) So having a DS pair of kicks that is 5 years old is just meh to me. If my Fire Red IVs dont get sold on eBay, I doubt I will wear em for a long time. No need scuffing up 3 white based IVs. But I'd rather sell them. They were too low quality for me to justify that purchase. Thats a whole nother story.
If it wasnt for people who keep theirs DS so long we wouldnt be able to find older pairs as easily as we can, we wouldnt have the high quality pics of some OGs/Older retroes that we do, etc. I am thinking of grabbing Cool Grey IVs, so I will be very thankful to the person who kept them DS

I see your point from a buyers perspective but as a person who really likes his shoes and who thinks this is the best colorway for Vs I cant imagine not wearing my only pair at least once in the past 6 years lol.

I'm gonna rock these with my Diamond Supply tee and a overpriced True Religion.
#SWAG
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
Funny that some people didn't catch your sarcasm! #hypebeasts

^I agree. The thirst is real for this shoe. I will have them
This will be my first time possibly owning this c/w.
So QS or not, these will be had whenever they release.
I'm out.

I've been thirsting for this shoe since 06.... imagine wanting a shoe... having the money.... AND THEY NOT RELEASING IN YOUR SIZE. This GS struggle is so real , fellas :smh:

Then let's not forget the heartache of the rumored laney/grape pack they was throwing out a couple summers ago.....

I will happily sign over the rights to my first born for this shoe :lol: :lol: :lol:

sike j/k I'm lying, but these shoes will be had, come hell or high water. BALEEHDAT PLEIGHBOI

Last edited:
I OD'd during the first retro and wore the Sample JB Flight Suit with these.

I be passing and letting the new generation have their run in them.

I had these as a present in 06. I didn not know they were that limited. Makes me wonder how my mom got them then :/ because she doesnt know what she is doing.
At least GS size is cheap as ****. I often grab one of my sisters a pair when the money is right

Last edited:
Smh was just at my local champs and this Hypebeast dude walks in talking all loud about LeBron 10s with his ugly prisms on and raiders SnapBack and shouts at the employee "ey man when you gettin them retro 5 grapes in!" ...I was shaking my head in disgust, believe me these will be the toughest GR cop of the year hypebeasts are already asking for them

I guess I am one of those people yall are calling crazy for keeping them DS lol. However, back in 06 I bought two pairs of them, was very fortunate esp being in high school at the time but I rocked one for a while and sold it and kept the other DS. Not exactly sure I will join the fun for this release or not given so much is coming back out during that time, time will tell I guess plus the blue sole doesn't look too bad on them either..

I keep few things ds but it's usually worth it. I've kept my grapes ds and they are as icy as the day they came out. So now I can avoid the lines this year and rock some fresh better quality grapes.

Only good thing about the amount of releases is that if i'm only looking to cop 1 pair in a few months then the hype from the other shoes will take it away from these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom