Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.
im surprised this thread is dying so fast

guess they werent that hyped at all :pimp:

Last edited:
Eastbay has sizes 10.5 and 11.  Good Luck
Those been there since this morning, They been gone lol
Those have been there before today you could never add to cart thou.
since yesterday afternoon
laugh.gif

Yeah I hear ya, but the stupid shirts and the corny photos still
have to do with the shoes somewhat. I'm trying not to lock it because its been
Less then a week after release day and a lot of people haven't gotten
them yet. I'm hopping once people start to get them the thread will turn around.
Maybe its wishful thinking. maybe it is time for a aftermath thread.
But I'll give it a little longer.

Is your RETURN key broken on your keyboard? I've noticed that your sentence ends randomly and goes to the next line. Are you doing that on purpose?

The only LJ I know is Larry Johnson
Larry Johnson was awesome in the 90s! He was a surefire Hall Of Famer right out the gate as a rookie, but its too bad constant back injuries cost him a lengthy, productive career. He was a short term superstar at best. Injuries definitely robbed him of a Hall Of Fame career.

wait a minute...did i read free shipping from FNL? how that happen? $8 and change ground shipping for me. Ain't tripping off it since I got cashback. Would be nice if I could get $8 back. 411? :nerd:

I'm just curious. For the people who were not born when this shoe originally dropped, what is your main reason for wanting these?

Is it because they are that sweet, because MJ was your favorite player, just to buy n sell, to fit in, collect? Just curious?
I'm old enough to recall the 80s Showtime Lakers. I recall they made history by being the first team to repeat as champions in 19 years in 1988, that was the first year I watched NBA.

Magic Johnson will always be my all-time favorite player ahead of Jordan. After Magic had a forced retirement in 1991, Jordan became my top favorite player. Perhaps its odd, but lots of Lakers fans embraced Jordan, and we do wear his sneaks.

But I'll definitely wear Jordan's shoes over any of Magic's Converse anytime. Even though the Lakers and Magic are my favorites, I just can't get into their colorways.

Jordan is the greatest shoe salesman ever. I like the fact his sneaks are black/red based, and also white based which make it easy to wear and match, Bulls colorways are more wearable than Lakers colorways in my opinion.

I always liked old Jordans because they always had a distinct, identifiable look for every model. I can also link them to his successful and championship seasons.

Who's penny hard away?

srs.
Damn, what the hell is wrong with the younger generation these days? Not to hate on them, but couldn't they take the time to do research since internet is as common as food and water with their age bracket, I mean they were born into computers like that.

I started watching NBA in late 80s, but I still knew about legends and stars before that decade by having the will to learn, and this was before the internet took over.

Its always good to know about stars who came before the current ones, as they say, there's no present and future without a past.

Hell, ask a lot of the current era stars, they'll say they looked up to Penny Hardaway when they were kids playing ball.

Its interesting to see the generational differences between older and younger Jordan wearers and collectors going through these posts.

The older ones seem to be true fans who grew up watching MJ in his prime during commercialization. Its like we get the retro sneaks to reminisce on past favorite models or to get ones we missed out on when they were out that time period. Older folks don't seem like resellers, no time for that, not worth the work for amount of profit.

The younger ones seem to only know about MJ because they were told about him through their parents. Most of them never saw him play, but he has that name recognition to the point they will buy his re-released sneaks that they feel is trendy.

Most people who wore Jordans back then were actual basketball fans, but times have dramatically changed, I doubt most of the young people who buy Jordans actually watch basketball, they're just wearing them to fit in. And most of the resellers are younger peeps.

Last edited:
Watch this damn thing blow up when I wake up, they hype in these sneaks is still alive. More stupid photos to come as well. I'm out.

Who's penny hard away?

srs.
Damn, what the hell is wrong with the younger generation these days? Not to hate on them, but couldn't they take the time to do research since internet is as common as food and water with their age bracket, I mean they were born into computers like that.

I started watching NBA in late 80s, but I still knew about legends and stars before that decade by having the will to learn, and this was before the internet took over.

Its always good to know about stars who came before the current ones, as they say, there's no present and future without a past.

Hell, ask a lot of the current era stars, they'll say they looked up to Penny Hardaway when they were kids playing ball.
joke_over_your_head.jpg

Last edited:
Its interesting to see the generational differences between older and younger Jordan wearers and collectors going through these posts.

The older ones seem to be true fans who grew up watching MJ in his prime during commercialization. Its like we get the retro sneaks to reminisce on past favorite models or to get ones we missed out on when they were out that time period. Older folks don't seem like resellers, no time for that, not worth the work for amount of profit.

The younger ones seem to only know about MJ because they were told about him through their parents. Most of them never saw him play, but he has that name recognition to the point they will buy his re-released sneaks that they feel is trendy.

Most people who wore Jordans back then were actual basketball fans, but times have dramatically changed, I doubt most of the young people who buy Jordans actually watch basketball, they're just wearing them to fit in. And most of the resellers are younger peeps.

well said, and just because someone is into Jordan sneakers, doesnt mean they are a fan of basketball.... they just may like sneakers in general.

can't wait til my get here. gonna fiddle with my camera too.

Last edited:
Im late but I just got a new DSLR that i traded for a pair of kicks and I dont know anything about photography or how to use it so its an excuse to take pics haha
I suggest getting a low f-stop lens like a 50mm f/1.8. Makes for awesome photos. Just got one myself and photos look pretty on point in terms of color. Here's a shot of a buddy's dog.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom