Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.
lololol @ paying 275 bruh these are not worth over box price real life...

with the current climate of sneakers....all you have to do is be resourceful ... i have 3 spots near me...basically finishline system...a few people on the ground in 7 countries and 25 states

i have done this since dec 2012...

nothing is an easy cop.....but u make it tougher by caving in too early but then again not everyone lives in westbubble**** ga like me...

I am curious to why older people are reluctant to let a new generation into the community, I'm 17 and I respect all you guys. I don't buy the jordans I have because there popular but because they look good? you don't see a billion people lined up for some wack pair?

I hate how people say kids killed the shoe game. Never knew that kids were not allowed to have jordans.
It is kinda crazy.  I'm 35 and I could care less about what some 17 year old is buying with their money.  Times change and people need to accept it.  Why in the world would I hate on a kid for not seeing MJ play in his prime?  What edge do I have over a younger shoe enthusiast because I have or have had a first release pair of Air Jordans?   Other than memories there is nothing.  I generally don't get involved with the whole age thing but it's getting ridiculous. 

I do tend to laugh at a lot of trends that are going on now and sometimes chuckle when I see young teenagers wearing skinny jeans tucked into their new Jordans, Kobes, or Lebrons.  But I never hate on them because I was young once.  No disrespect to my old heads but for those of you that say these young kids are ruining the sneaker game I would like you to ask yourself this question:  Who do you think shoe companies are making shoes for?  The younger generation or the older?  

It is kinda crazy.  I'm 35 and I could care less about what some 17 year old is buying with their money.  Times change and people need to accept it.  Why in the world would I hate on a kid for not seeing MJ play in his prime?  What edge do I have over a younger shoe enthusiast because I have or have had a first release pair of Air Jordans?   Other than memories there is nothing.  I generally don't get involved with the whole age thing but it's getting ridiculous. 

I do tend to laugh at a lot of trends that are going on now and sometimes chuckle when I see young teenagers wearing skinny jeans tucked into their new Jordans, Kobes, or Lebrons.  But I never hate on them because I was young once.  No disrespect to my old heads but for those of you that say these young kids are ruining the sneaker game I would like you to ask yourself this question:  Who do you think shoe companies are making shoes for?  The younger generation or the older?  
Good stuff Lemo, good stuff...

Im fighting the urge to go preorder these but they are asking so much over retail its not even worth it, Ive only struck out on the Galaxy Foams and Zoom Rookies so far online. Im hoping ill be able to get these.

LMAO true true but the only thing worse than older cats going at kids is when older cats reminisce on quality of previous retros and ogs but still cop hahah. The quality isn't getting better and the shoes aren't getting any cheaper so **** already and trade in your jays for some dockers and a pair of loafers hahah

Beautiful shoe but man... Jada is right about a lot of pairs in store shipments. They have that layer of paint like many of the recent retro's. Where it looks like the paint was applied with a giant paint brush and slapped back and forth a few times. So you have thick painted spots and the tear drops in places, and some areas that the back color of the midsole shows through because the paint is so thin. The bottoms, tho they don't matter since you'll be wearing them yada yada yada, are similar to this years 13's with colors going not staying in the lines anywhere. These even get hit with the random paint brush spots all over.

Things that are annoying for $174 shoes straight out of the box. Mine will go in the summer rotation so the paint chips will take the attention off of any of that pretty soon anyway.

I agree with you. Us older guys were kids that love Air Jordan's
at one point. Some people forget what it was like to be a kid.
It makes me happy when I see young cats with the same love
for these shoes that I have.

Beautiful shoe but man... Jada is right about a lot of pairs in store shipments. They have that layer of paint like many of the recent retro's. Where it looks like the paint was applied with a giant paint brush and slapped back and forth a few times. So you have thick painted spots and the tear drops in places, and some areas that the back color of the midsole shows through because the paint is so thin. The bottoms, tho they don't matter since you'll be wearing them yada yada yada, are similar to this years 13's with colors going not staying in the lines anywhere. These even get hit with the random paint brush spots all over.

Things that are annoying for $174 shoes straight out of the box. Mine will go in the summer rotation so the paint chips will take the attention off of any of that pretty soon anyway.
I'd probably do an even worse paint job workin 16 hour days for peanuts .

These are top 3 for me.

1) Fire Red (3M tongue)
2) Grapes
3) Fire Red (Black tongue)

Just 8 more days!

My porch is ready!

:lol: :smokin

I am curious to why older people are reluctant to let a new generation into the community, I'm 17 and I respect all you guys. I don't buy the jordans I have because there popular but because they look good? you don't see a billion people lined up for some wack pair?

Um, what?

just walked into one of my homies shop.. asked if he can hold me a pair and said yeah..going to try online for a second pair :wink: everything seems to be going good for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom