Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just cringe when these kids don't know and refuse to accept knowledge on the sneaker's history....along with associating horrible nicknames on sneakers. Cherry 12s.... OG Flu Games....Candy Cane 14s :smh:

"Fresh Prince 5" is going to be a nickname we'll see in a few years...count on it :smh:

Last edited:
I called my local footlocker and asked about tickets , they said they wouldn't know anything until monday but they usually do them the sunday before 
tired.gif
 . has anyone else gotten the same answer ?

gotta get these...for some reason I can never get the shoes I want in my cart.  I may try the mall this time around.

It is kinda crazy.  I'm 35 and I could care less about what some 17 year old is buying with their money.  Times change and people need to accept it.  Why in the world would I hate on a kid for not seeing MJ play in his prime?  What edge do I have over a younger shoe enthusiast because I have or have had a first release pair of Air Jordans?   Other than memories there is nothing.  I generally don't get involved with the whole age thing but it's getting ridiculous. 

I do tend to laugh at a lot of trends that are going on now and sometimes chuckle when I see young teenagers wearing skinny jeans tucked into their new Jordans, Kobes, or Lebrons.  But I never hate on them because I was young once.  No disrespect to my old heads but for those of you that say these young kids are ruining the sneaker game I would like you to ask yourself this question:  Who do you think shoe companies are making shoes for?  The younger generation or the older?  
I have tried to say this a million times before :lol: :smh:

These are top 3 for me.

1) Fire Red (3M tongue)
2) Grapes
3) Fire Red (Black tongue)

Just 8 more days!

My porch is ready!

:lol: :smokin
1) Black Metallics
2) Black Tongue Fire Reds
3) Grapes

Last edited:
Is it me or the shape is way off?

the shape is way off - they stretched the toebox on this model now (like they did the 4 years ago)

but the lacelocks offered with the 5's can at least bulk up upper a bit to go with the elongated toebox

5s should make one's feet look small, should never be a question as to if they are the right size, etc
the 5 is my favorite aj in part cause of the original rounded tapered toebox that reminded me of da old school suede pumas

Last edited:
i just cringe when these kids don't know and refuse to accept knowledge on the sneaker's history....along with associating horrible nicknames on sneakers. Cherry 12s....Candy Cane 14s
mean.gif

"Fresh Prince 5" is going to be a nickname we'll see in a few years...count on it
mean.gif
thank you. those first 2 names are so stupid it's the type of thing these corny *** dudes come up with that don't even know anything about the shoes or Jordan other than he was good. Clowns that try too damn hard to be "fly"
roll.gif
I stopped trying to give them so much crap about it though cause real ppl will know when they see a clown like that they can think they look cool if they want to.

Not sure if anyone is willing to pay this much, but this is probably the lowest price i've seen for a preorder on the grapes. They seem pretty legit, check it out. I went ahead and purchased from them, dont have time for anymore of this Jordan BS. www.icysneakers.com

Not sure if anyone is willing to pay this much, but this is probably the lowest price i've seen for a preorder on the grapes. They seem pretty legit, check it out. I went ahead and purchased from them, dont have time for anymore of this Jordan BS. www.icysneakers.com
They seem pretty legit?  LOL this will be their first release.  They created their fb/twitter just a few hours ago.  If I didn't know better, Id say someone was trying to promote their store..

In all honesty with patience these will be had for less than that after RD. Even if it's a week or two later.  Desperate resellers almost give them away at that point no need to panic on a pretty widely available GR. 

Last edited:
lololol @ paying 275 bruh these are not worth over box price real life...

with the current climate of sneakers....all you have to do is be resourceful ... i have 3 spots near me...basically finishline system...a few people on the ground in 7 countries and 25 states

i have done this since dec 2012...

nothing is an easy cop.....but u make it tougher by caving in too early but then again not everyone lives in westbubble**** ga like me...

Trust me folk if I didn't feel I had to I wouldn't. First time for me. Usually cop off FNL or the local FL but I won't be free or have internet access until 9:30am. Ain't trying to be searching for decent resale prices all day when I'd probably end up paying something close to what I paid anyway.

LMAO true true but the only thing worse than older cats going at kids is when older cats reminisce on quality of previous retros and ogs but still cop hahah. The quality isn't getting better and the shoes aren't getting any cheaper so **** already and trade in your jays for some dockers and a pair of loafers hahah

That's the real. Every release it's the same ole ****. My toe box is off, the leather sucks, I got glue on my shoes. Come release day they the same ones on Instagram straight flexing.

Searching for a decent resale pruce all day? I have never had to pay more than 240 shipped for resale. This is GR. Only a few tools will pay the $300+ resellers ask for. Then the prices will come down when the rest can't sell ****. I'm not a reseller but if I win multiple raffles I might have to for this one. It seems like a quarter of this thread got theirs for around $300.

That's true. But I'm just saying more numbers more people. Of course since its more pairs it'll be a bit easier but still it's gonna be a wild one.

I agree with you. Us older guys were kids that love Air Jordan's
at one point. Some people forget what it was like to be a kid.
It makes me happy when I see young cats with the same love
for these shoes that I have.

I got that same love, part of my fun is calling around to find lil places that still have releases in stock, I never resort to ebay, only time I copped out was when I was 15 I bought a pair of spizikes instore at flightclub

i just cringe when these kids don't know and refuse to accept knowledge on the sneaker's history....along with associating horrible nicknames on sneakers. Cherry 12s.... OG Flu Games....Candy Cane 14s :smh:

"Fresh Prince 5" is going to be a nickname we'll see in a few years...count on it :smh:

you cant make that generalization tho, I call my shoes by the proper name and learn about them so I'm not the person that pretends they know it all

Going down to my local Sneaker Villa to get my reserve ticket for these. Can't wait to cop, just hope everything goes smooth. Def grail status with these since i missed the 06s. I've also had this hat since I heard news years back on the rumored grape/laney pack :nthat:

Dafewcha what's exactly are you looking at be specific there are videos and pictures in this thread on the comparison

damn my local champs isnt handing raffle tickets out on sunday anymore now I got to go on wednesday and thursday to all the local spots. I think they stopped doing sundays because no one came in for the tickets or forgot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom