Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.
They been doing line up for tix on release day in ATL. Only 3 spots i know were doing raffles. One pretty much said me and my home girl were good when we got are raffle tix's.
Thanks for the info. I haven't waited in line for any releases since last year's WC 4's. Haven't bought that many Jordan's since then, mostly Lebrons and retro Nikes. I'll get up early Saturday and head to either Southlake, Cumberland, or Stonecrest. No way I'm going to the West End that early, and I live in the West End.

I got a pair from my boys local connect for $200... These is actually a decent deal, and I learned my lesson from not doing it for Royal 1 and Blk/Gold 1.

I'm still going to try to grab a pair online, since I have giftcards and coupons. If I succeed then I'll unload these pair for the same price. Don't like paying over retail for my kicks but with the hype on these, it's better safe than sorry.
Not bad but you should have waited... the quantities on the Royals and Blk/Gold were not even close to the amount this will be at.

Not bad but you should have waited... the quantities on the Royals and Blk/Gold were not even close to the amount this will be at.

Yea I know... But I also know these won't sit. It's one of the biggest hype shoes of the year. I just did it for insurance reason. If I do get a pair on RD. I know these will easily sell for $200.

A lot of footlockers in my area changed their raffle procedure to something different. An employee said now as soon as their shipment of stock for a shoe arrives they make a list of all sizes and its basically a free for all anyone can reserve one pair...I asked how I'm supposed to know when the shoes arrive so I cancome in or call to get my pair and dude said they usually arrive a week or two before rd...I was pissed but at least I got some kind of explanation why the stores I usually do raffles at said I was too late when I came wednesday. Only one footlocker out of about 5 I go to doing a raffle. This seems stupid

Thanks for the info. I haven't waited in line for any releases since last year's WC 4's. Haven't bought that many Jordan's since then, mostly Lebrons and retro Nikes. I'll get up early Saturday and head to either Southlake, Cumberland, or Stonecrest. No way I'm going to the West End that early, and I live in the West End.

Go hit some raffles up. May avoid line ups at all. Though since u are on west end it will require a drive to kennesaw and Marietta. There is a champs doing one to. Pm me for more details if interested.

Speaking of south-lake mall in ATL. Glad I'm going to avoid that mess kids out there camping starting at 10 pm. Then in the am the rich kids from henry county come and brake line dap up the kids that been there all night and walk out with pairs before the campers. I mean what kinda ish move is that. Our youth is FAILING HARD SON. Idk im from the city u can be a millionaire or bum take yo self to the back. Glad i was there to pick up my secured pair at that release or i would have been pissed B

Just got off the phone with a footaction district manager. These will be a much more hyped shoe than even imagined. Put it in the category of concord release/ galaxy/yeezy status. Also, changes are coming on how stores distribute releases. I can't explain in detail because all info is not in. Im happy I got my pair secured. DM had to do a store transfer from another state just for my size 14

Just got off the phone with a footaction district manager. These will be a much more hyped shoe than even imagined. Put it in the category of concord release/ galaxy/yeezy status. Also, changes are coming on how stores distribute releases. I can't explain in detail because all info is not in. Im happy I got my pair secured. DM had to do a store transfer from another state just for my size 14
supply and demand.  Factor in the supply.

Speaking of south-lake mall in ATL. Glad I'm going to avoid that mess kids out there camping starting at 10 pm. Then in the am the rich kids from henry county come and brake line dap up the kids that been there all night and walk out with pairs before the campers. I mean what kinda ish move is that. Our youth is FAILING HARD SON. Idk im from the city u can be a millionaire or bum take yo self to the back. Glad i was there to pick up my secured pair at that release or i would have been pissed B

Lmao this is southlake in a nutshell. This release is gonna be chaotic for no reason. I think everyone will have a pair because there are so many pairs available. I even read about these restocking a couple pages ago. So I guess we know what everyone's summer sneaker will be...

this is what they've been saying all week, 7:30am on Sat. Handing out tix for HOH, Footaction, & Champs. They're not releasing #'s on the pairs they got but the person I spoke to from Champs alluded that there was a very healthy amount they all got in stock.
Repped, thank you. If I strike out on JJ ill be there sometime that night to wait it out.

The sneaker game sucks these days...every store in my area NJ/NYC is doing a raffle. I have to go to 10 stores to get raffle tickets and pray i get a call back. SMH

For my Chi peeps.. When ya'll think the twitter link is gonna drop? NTCHI usually does it around 1500..

On it. Heading on a plane to OKC, Will have a full powerpoint file up. :D

LOL divert to Tulsa! Mannnnn Worm, I'd expect to take a way worse beating than that if I was being serious there. I'm not Iceman up in here hahaha!!

And if dude on last page had to talk to a DM to know these are Jordan XI level hype release then you're behind things. That was stated in this thread weeks ago. Which amazed me that we even had to argue the fact of how hyped Grape 5's are, at any production level.

We'll have 100 pairs available locally at the beginning of July, so if there isn't a "pairs per person" limit at the stores re grand opening I should be able to help some people in here that still haven't come up for retail by that time. I'll just post back in here (or the aftermath thread when this one gets locked for buy/sell violations next week) when the time nears. Stay safe out there this weekend NT fam.

Just to chime in along with the older heads who have been into Jordans when he was in his active prime in the 90s, I recall them being easy to acquire as well. I recall getting the black/red XI 1 week after they came out, for a lower price as well. Those days are long gone.

I even recall Jordans back in the 90s were accessible, they were sold a any place that sold shoes. I even recall seeing XI at JC Penney back in 1996!

Man back when I was a kid my mom would would walk into the Bootery and cop for me weeks or months after release. Hell I doubt she ever knew when they came out, but when it was time for a new pair of shoes and she liked them, she'd get them. Came up on Black and red XI's, XII's, and XIII's that way, but I was salty she took the 12's back
laugh.gif

Wow, I didn't expect such a detailed answer. Y'all got a ton of malls out there. I guess fox hills, Beverly center, topanga and nothridge are the best. You make sound La sound fun back In the day. I'll check out that Mexican mall to cause they prob for a good food court lol. But whatever mall sells trunkfit and vampire life I'm gonna steer clear from lol
Cause that would be the "hood" one....
Fox Hills Mall is one of the worst, best and Fox Hills Mall should never be used in the same sentence. Ironically, its in a decent area, but when you go inside, its a whole different world. Its like going through a warp zone, coming from a decent area on the outside, then going indoors to a ghetto. Oh don't worry, you'll get your fill of Trukfit gear in ghetto Fox Hills Mall, my guys in the Footaction there do have a vast selection of Trukfit stuff visibly displayed for sale.They told me they slang the hell out of it too.

I really don't consider Beverly Center one of the best, its overrated, over hyped, its only a name. Its too bougie for me. I only go there to deal with peeps I have to deal with. 

Northridge isn't worth the trip, like I said, its further out, nothing to really see because its an atypical mall really.

That Little Mexico mall, Panorama is a joke, its only a hallway as one member described, the lunch area is teeny as well, don't waste time there. If you really want to see a Little Mexico type area, you won't have to venture afar, they practically have one in every city, even your town perhaps, especially a big metropolitan city. Its practically common knowledge that Latinos/Hispanics are much higher in population/demographic numbers everywhere in USA.

Just to chime in along with the older heads who have been into Jordans when he was in his active prime in the 90s, I recall them being easy to acquire as well. I recall getting the black/red XI 1 week after they came out, for a lower price as well. Those days are long gone.

I even recall Jordans back in the 90s were accessible, they were sold a any place that sold shoes. I even recall seeing XI at JC Penney back in 1996!
Dillard's carried certain CWs of Jordans back in the day. They definitely had the Grapes in 1990. For some reason that really sticks out in my mind. I don't remember too much of what else other stores had. JCP might have had some stuff, don't think Sears had anything. What else did we have... Montgomery Ward? Don't even remember.

But yeah, bottom line was that they were readily available. When I'd get a new pair for Christmas or whatever, my parents didn't have to go camp out or win a raffle. 
happy.gif

Dillard's carried certain CWs of Jordans back in the day. They definitely had the Grapes in 1990. For some reason that really sticks out in my mind. I don't remember too much of what else other stores had. JCP might have had some stuff, don't think Sears had anything. What else did we have... Montgomery Ward? Don't even remember.

But yeah, bottom line was that they were readily available. When I'd get a new pair for Christmas or whatever, my parents didn't have to go camp out or win a raffle. 
happy.gif

I remember getting my jordan fire red V's from JCP when I was only 7 back in 1990. lol, JCP even carried other shoes up till about the late 90's. Got my Penny 2's, Pippens there etc. JCP use to be the undercover spot

So true! I remember my mom dragging me out of the Shoe Show circa summer of '91 to beat my @$! cuz I wouldn't stop whining over a pair of Carmine's! The SHOE SHOW!!! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom