Air Jordan 5 OG “Black Metallic” Reimagined 2025 !

I don't think the tongues were ever this tall. That's his weird weartest sample that still had the toe rand.
That's fair, though I wasn't trying to say they need to be as tall as the sample pairs. Just that the tall tongue needed to come back and that the lace locks could be a reference to the sample pair.
michael-jordan-air-jordan-6-og-black-infrared.jpg
Air-Jordan-6-384664-060-Black_6_47371d55-454d-4d0e-90a0-8800e2114cba.jpg

I hope they don't re-imagine the Black/Infrared 6 as it is my favorite colorway
of that model (just like the WC3, BC4 and Black/Metallic 5) - and is the most
popular as well...

I hope they don't re-imagine the Black/Infrared 6 as it is my favorite colorway
of that model (just like the WC3, BC4 and Black/Metallic 5) - and is the most
popular as well...
Fingers crossed if they get "reimagined" its just Reverse Infrareds like Belair5 Belair5 mentioned. An all leather pair of Black Infrareds would be tolerable, but ashy larry suede would be a hard pass.

That's fair, though I wasn't trying to say they need to be as tall as the sample pairs. Just that the tall tongue needed to come back and that the lace locks could be a reference to the sample pair.
michael-jordan-air-jordan-6-og-black-infrared.jpg
Air-Jordan-6-384664-060-Black_6_47371d55-454d-4d0e-90a0-8800e2114cba.jpg

You know what OG detail I REALLY wish they'd bring back? The nylon braiding they used to seal up the raw edges of the tongue. It showed up on the second production run of the black/infras and the Carmines.

I wont rest until we get a proper black cement 4. New shape, white lines, OG material. But we wont get that for years tbh. Thought about buying a 1999 pair and paying for restoration. That's how bad i want those done right. Top 3 Jordan of all time.

giphy.gif

Except that it wasn't something from behind the tongue. It was a separate piece of material that was sewn over top of the rubber and neoprene/stretchy parts of the tongue to keep it from fraying or separating.

Screenshot_20241024-125957.png
Screenshot_20241024-125944.png
Ah okay. Thanks for the information I honestly didn't know that.

I hope they bring back the high tongue on those 6s and the next iterations of the Black Infrareds, Carmine's and Maroons. Give me Black Infrareds with a higher tongue, smooth leather contrast heel to mimic the look of the OG Durabuck heel, and polyurethane insoles with reprints of the Fall 1991 Air Jordan Collection catalog and Flight Club mailer to top it all off and I'd grab 3 pairs. Could also add some Jordan 5 lace locks in the box as a reference to this photo.
michael-jordan-air-jordan-6-black-infrared-1-copy_1024x1024.jpg

I know JB don't care enough to do all this but a man can dream. I have digressed enough now back to the main topic before my posts get deleted for derailing the discussion.

I don't think the tongues were ever this tall. That's his weird weartest sample that still had the toe rand.

I remember clear as day getting that AJ Flight Club calendar packaged with a box of Wheaties (that's the only reason I asked my mom to buy the damn cereal LOL), and having my mind blown when I flipped through it and got to that photo. You never saw future models that soon in any way back then. I remember the holes in the tongue being what entranced me the most on first sight, like, wait, WHY are there holes in the tongue? :lol:

Id love for the tongues to be higher, just not that high :rolleyes

i just hope the 2025 material isnt the same as the 2011
I hope the tongues are higher on these as well. The most recent Vs I have are the DJ Khaleds. Maybe its my pair but they are mad low. Not AMM low but not to far from it.

Back
Top Bottom