Air Jordan 5 OG “Black Metallic” Returning 2025 !

I love my Metallics. Yeah they could have been better, but I love em. Was gonna get another pair soon but with these returning next year in even better form, I'll be grabbing 2 pairs of the new release and putting my '16 Metallics to the pavement much more often.
20190922_123244.jpg

I'm not trying to be that guy I'm going to be that guy. The current 3M is more than likely going to be on these because it's what JB/Nike has been using on 3M Tongue 5s since the 2016 Metallic release. There's next to no chance they change the material when what they use now does what it needs to. It just doesn't look the way it needs to. Hopefully I'm wrong but I'm in for a pair either way. Not passing on these so I can sit and wait almost another 10 years for a change that's not guaranteed.
I think the 3m thing is out of their control. They outsource that. The material that used to be used on the older 5s probably isn't being produced anymore.

A “reimagined” theme would kill these for me…Auto pass if that’s the case, just like the 5’s that just dropped 🤷‍♂️…I’m indifferent to the 23 being on there…

Ideally they’ll fix the tongue obviously, the toe box shape, and slim down the ankle a bit…Now will we get any of that? Who knows, but we damn sure won’t get ALL of those changes…

I’ve softened my stance over the years on holding Nike to this strick ~fix this or I’m out~ stance I’ve generally held regarding Jordan retros…But like Nelson C Nelson C said, this shoe is too important to my personal sneaker history for me to cave and pick up a pair without them drastically fixing some of the issues the retros have…The last 5 retro I purchased was the original Olive pair that released in 2006 or 2007 or whatever it was…The changes were enough by then for me to write the model off until sweeping fixes were made…I have no issue walking away if they don’t MOSTLY pin this pair down because good enough just isn’t going to cut it for me in this case…

We all know how this goes now. New retro, everyone dogs the previous as if they never felt it at all.
I wish this didn’t have to be the case but when it’s merited 🤷🏻‍♂️ of course it’s too early to tell what they’ll look like next year and compare the two (2016 to 2025) but from what we’ve been getting… it’s definitely promising and there WILL be an improvement somewhere to actually bring them closer to OG.

When the next Aqua 8 comes out I for sure won’t slander the 2015 version or the next White Cement 3, Cardinal 7, Playoff 8/13, Carmine 6, etc. but 2016 BM, 2018 BC, 2019 BC, all deserve slander in my eyes alongside many other retros of years past especially compared to what we’ve been getting/will get.

We all know how this goes now. New retro, everyone dogs the previous as if they never felt it at all.
I mean that's how life works. A phone that was considered top of the line in 2014 would be considered trash compared to the phones in 2024. Same goes for cars, clothes, technology etc...

I mean that's how life works. A phone that was considered top of the line in 2014 would be considered trash compared to the phones in 2024. Same goes for cars, clothes, technology etc...
But this wasn’t always the case with sneakers and absolutely is not the same with clothes. No one was saying 2010 retros were better than OGs or early 2000s retros.

But this wasn’t always the case with sneakers and absolutely is not the same with clothes. No one was saying 2010 retros were better than OGs or early 2000s retros.
Well they are saying it now. Time progresses and with time comes more retros. With more retros you can now more easily compare and often times you can see that they are in fact trash even if liked them when they first dropped. It really bothers me how you cats be acting like nuance doesn't exist and everything has to be black and white. I can say I enjoyed the 2018 bc3s, I can even say they were a grail at the time but if the new bc3s makes them look trash on comparison then it is what it is.

Well they are saying it now. Time progresses and with time comes more retros. With more retros you can now more easily compare and often times you can see that they are in fact trash even if liked them when they first dropped. It really bothers me how you cats be acting like nuance doesn't exist and everything has to be black and white. I can say I enjoyed the 2018 bc3s, I can even say they were a grail at the time but if the new bc3s makes them look trash on comparison then it is what it is.
Your comparison of retro sneakers to phones and cars is just simply wrong. New phones and cars aren’t trying to remake old phones and cars. The issue at hand is that Nike butchered retros for years, but recently have made somewhat of an effort to make them more like the OLD sneakers. Making ‘new’ sneakers more like the old sneakers has nothing to do with companies making iterative or completely new products that are intended to be better than the old ones.

And as for clothes, it’s obvious you weren’t around pre-NAFTA and the WTO.

Last edited:
Your comparison of retro sneakers to phones and cars is just simply wrong. New phones and cars aren’t trying to remake old phones and cars. The issue at hand is that Nike butchered retrod for years, but recently have made somewhat of an effort to make them more like the OLD sneakers. Making ‘new’ sneakers more like the old sneakers has nothing to do with companies making iterative or completely new products that are intended to be better than the old ones.

And as for clothes, it’s obvious you weren’t around pre-NAFTA and the WTO.
So I can't buy a new retro... Compare it to an old retro... Then say the old retro is trash in comparison to the new retro? Y'all making it deeper than what it is.

What I see is a lot is people forgetting how much they liked, wanted, desired the previous release. Sure, the next should and will always have improvments making them closer to OG. But making the previous release automatically "trash" kinda seems like a black and white thought process you say a lot of us here have . Newer anything does not always mean its better than. Most likely I am gonna like the newest release more than the previous due to its improvements matching the originals. It doesnt mean that I have to hate the last. More often than not, I enjoy it more because I can beat it up knowing the new one is coming.

What I see is a lot is people forgetting how much they liked, wanted, desired the previous release. Sure, the next should and will always have improvments making them closer to OG. But making the previous release automatically "trash" kinda seems like a black and white thought process you say a lot of us here have . Newer anything does not always mean its better than. Most likely I am gonna like the newest release more than the previous due to its improvements matching the originals. It doesnt mean that I have to hate the last. More often than not, I enjoy it more because I can beat it up knowing the new one is coming.
I don't see any "forgetting" that they liked them... They liked them then because it may have been the best up to that point but in comparison to the new release they feel they're trash. It's ok to like something at one point and then not like that and vice versa. I liked my Katrinas until the new mold came out for the 3s. They officially became beaters the day the red cements dropped. Does that mean they're bad? No. Hell that doesn't even mean I don't like them but in comparison to the new mold 3s, my Katrinas are in fact trash due to the EP.

My point exactly. The slander now is definitely warranted because we’ve been given inferior reiterations and it fostered a mindset of “they’ll never bring them back the way they were so these will do” and we jumped on those retros, 2011 3s, 2012 4s, 2013 5s, and it goes on. I got past that mindset and realized eventually they’ll HAVE to bring them back correctly.

I remember one of the reasons for not making them exact 1:1 was to protect collectors and I tried making a point years ago that I don’t even want them to make them like the OG’s anymore if that’s the case, just get it close to the first retro’s and I’ll be more than satisfied. 1994 1s/3s, 1999 4s, 2000 5s/6s, 2002 7s, etc.

Instead they gave us… you all here know actually and for far too long. 😂 we here now though, let’s rejoice 🙌🏼
I enjoy it more because I can beat it up knowing the new one is coming.
I couldn’t enjoy wearing them because every time I looked down at that era of retros on my feet it always irked me, when they were off my feet and I looked at them, it low-key angered me 😂 mainly because I knew what could’ve, actually what SHOULD’VE been.

Back
Top Bottom