Air Jordan 5 Retro 'Fire Red' 2013 Vol: No 23

It's casual Friday in the office and the only day of the work week I really get to wear my shoes.  I pulled these down to finally wear em, but then saw my playoff 12's looking so damn nice....I had to save these to wait and unDS another day. 

I'm sure a lot of people have worn their pair, how's the toe box creasing looking after a few wears with no shields or anything?   All my worn previous V's have some ugly looking creases, after only a few hours wear on some, and I didn't expect any better on these but am curious to hear just how bad it is with this years pair.  I still love the mold of the 2013's either way, that shape is
smokin.gif

Pair on the left are 2006's, only worn once when this pic was taken, but have since been worn for about 6 more hours and have some unnatural toe box creasing and paint chipping.  Pair on the right are CDP's and have been worn any and every where, a countless number of times.  They have a few creases and paint chip spots as well
laugh.gif
This is only my first time wearing mine, no force fields and they crease like hell. Honestly though I could care less. To me it doesn't detract from the sneaker itself, it only makes them reflect some character of wear. 

They still need some breaking in, they're very firm and stiff but still comfortable.

I can't stop looking at them on my feet 
glasses.gif

Left Toe Box                                                                                                           Right Toe Box

On Feet...

I know, I know, I broke a cardinal rule in caring for your kicks, but I swear I had no idea it was supposed to rain today. It didn't start until 30 minutes after I got to work. 

This is only my first time wearing mine, no force fields and they crease like hell. Honestly though I could care less. To me it doesn't detract from the sneaker itself, it only makes them reflect some character of wear. 

They still need some breaking in, they're very firm and stiff but still comfortable.

I can't stop looking at them on my feet 
glasses.gif

Left Toe Box                                                                                                           Right Toe Box

On Feet...

I know, I know, I broke a cardinal rule in caring for your kicks, but I swear I had no idea it was supposed to rain today. It didn't start until 30 minutes after I got to work. 
if you want the truth its because the way you wear your shoes. since i was a soph in high school i found out a trick to stop creasing. All i did was find my true shoe size and i would NEVER TIE MY SHOES. I just loosed the strings up until i could just slid the shoe in and just leave them alone. Never had a crease problem with or without force fields since. Also the way you walk in them  is a factor i can show you my cement 4s i were often and show what i mean with the laces tho im sure you seen it before.

if you want the truth its because the way you wear your shoes. since i was a soph in high school i found out a trick to stop creasing. All i did was find my true shoe size and i would NEVER TIE MY SHOES. I just loosed the strings up until i could just slid the shoe in and just leave them alone. Never had a crease problem with or without force fields since. Also the way you walk in them  is a factor i can show you my cement 4s i were often and show what i mean with the laces tho im sure you seen it before.
I've never really been one to "soft step" to avoid creases. I've got a 2nd pair of these so it doesn't bother me honestly. This pair is TTS for me.

You're right though, I guess I noticed it without realizing it but all of my TTS pairs of sneakers have less creasing than the pairs with a little more room.

Personally, I'd rather rock these the way they came, lace lock and all.  

Yeah you definitely want to get your true fit, obviously.  But the creases in the pic are totally fine and expected.  I don't mind those at all.  It is the odd, unnatural creasing that happens with some of the cheap "leather" JB uses a lot.  The natural creases are just fine with me, and don't hurt the look at all.  But when you can see the outline of your toes and a vertical crease somewhere the shoe would never bend like that, that is when I have an issue with the quality of materials used.  Slipping and sliding feet in and not tying doesn't matter though.  You can tie them and wear lace locks and get the same results. 

I wouldn't be as worried about the rain as I would be about wearing that dark blue denim with the white leather 5's.  Hopefully they are not new and don't bleed blue onto the shoes.  That is the absolute worst, and any white 5's seem to be the worst at getting this stain. 

I hate denim bleeding with a passion, these are broken in already, I've had this pair of jeans for about a year with multiple washes. I will be extremely surprised if they bleed at all. 

Yea man respect to you like the vintage and og look i just recently got into the look. At first i hated how the am90 og infrared looked old but ive grown to like them. So creases dont bother me as much as it used to. 

If anyone is interested in LA, the Nike Town in BH has the Vs available in all assortment of sizes. I would call them to see if your size is available.

I probably see twice as many people wearing these compared to any other retro of the year.

These look so crispy and clean on feet.

I know all that will change when the Grapes release though.

:lol:

I know this is the fire red thread but does anyone know if the metallics are dropping this year. I'm trying to decide to buy the 2011s or wait. ?

I know this is the fire red thread but does anyone know if the metallics are dropping this year. I'm trying to decide to buy the 2011s or wait. ?

The Metallics dropped less than two years ago. That shoe has even been rumored to drop as far as I know and besides I doubt they'll drop so early again in the cycle anyway. Your best bet are those 2011's.

Can anyone tell me if these are true to size? I wear a 10 and I'm wondering if I need to get a 9.5 depending on how they fit. Damn sneakers these days. You never know unless u try them on first. M Olympic 7's fit like a 10.5 or even an 11.

My bet is they come out around black friday and wont have the 23 like the ogs did. It's up to you really but i would try my bet on them releases. Besides im sure around Aug or Sept if you dont get a date there will still be 11' releases out there.
The Metallics dropped less than two years ago. That shoe has even been rumored to drop as far as I know and besides I doubt they'll drop so early again in the cycle anyway. Your best bet are those 2011's.
Rumored for holidays along with bred 1 which in theory came out last year lol. Jordan gives 0 ***** when they lasted retroed look at the olympic 7s for example.

Can anyone tell me if these are true to size? I wear a 10 and I'm wondering if I need to get a 9.5 depending on how they fit. Damn sneakers these days. You never know unless u try them on first. M Olympic 7's fit like a 10.5 or even an 11.
NO. These run a half size big. Go down half a size from your usual purchase and that will be the TTS fit. 

These run a half size big. I'm the same as you, I wear a 10 but alot of J's I get a 9.5. Tried these on in a 10 and they felt like a 10.5 or bigger.

My bet is they come out around black friday and wont have the 23 like the ogs did. It's up to you really but i would try my bet on them releases. Besides im sure around Aug or Sept if you dont get a date there will still be 11' releases out there.

Rumored for holidays along with bred 1 which in theory came out last year lol. Jordan gives 0 ***** when they lasted retroed look at the olympic 7s for example.
I think that rumor of the Metallic 5's turned into that new colorway some are calling the Black Grape 5's while others are calling itAqua 5's.  Either way, it's probably a long shot. 

I think that rumor of the Metallic 5's turned into that new colorway some are calling the Black Grape 5's while others are calling itAqua 5's.  Either way, it's probably a long shot. 
My guess was and still that the 3m pair from the Raging Bulls pack will retro instead of Metallics or after them. That shoe would make a lot of sense retroing like how the thunders dropped after the black cements last year. 

Yeah, but the Oly 7's had a theme/reason.  20th Anniversary of the Dream team in 2010 (FTLOG) and the Olympics in 2012.  Previous releases were also released around the olympics too (if I'm not mistaken).  However you're right, lately JB has been peforming like a gunslinging QB (unpredictable).

My guess was and still that the 3m pair from the Raging Bulls pack will retro instead of Metallics or after them. That shoe would make a lot of sense retroing like how the thunders dropped after the black cements last year. 
I wouldn't be shocked if they brought the red Toro 5's back.  Loud colors seem to be all the rage now.

What's wrong with $200? I paid 175 (retail+tax). Add shipping and fees, that's about $200. That's a fair price.

Back
Top Bottom