Air Jordan 5 Retro 'Fire Red' 2013 Vol: No 23

I've never owned a pair of V's in my life. I've always had bad luck in trying to buy them for years. So this is a very sentimental moment. I'm sure the quality won't match that of prior releases, but I'm just grateful I finally get to own a pair since wanting one as a 14 year old in 1989-90 and my mom telling me NO! lol

Sometimes getting something 23 years later makes it even more special. I cried when Jordan got eliminated by the Pistons in 1989-90 in that 7-game series. I thought he'd never get past Isiah. But I will always remember the memories of him wearing this shoe that season. Thanks to the fam on these boards that posted the links. WIthout your help, my dream to own these would never have been possible. Big props to you guys. I'm thankful you guys are on NT. :D

congrats dude! the jordan V is what started it all for me way back then. My mom would never buy me a pair either... :smh:

I am really excited about getting these. I hope JB continues to release these retros in large numbers . These have always been one of my favorites. IV,V, and VI are my favorites. I also used my WC card and it came out to $162 after tax and shipping so I had to get them.

Wanted to get these. Had to pass last minute cause my boy got arrestted last night. Had to drive about a hour north to bail his *** out. I ain't even sweatin it, tha!t's my dude and I'm sure resell value is nonexsisent
Congrats to all who copped! :smokin

I'm goin back to bed

Last edited:
i forgot about this release, tried to use FL and the same error processing message occurred, apparently FL tweeted saying the billing and shipping address must be the same. If that were the case why would they even give you the option to ship to different address :lol:

First time heading to the mall for a release in a while, should be easy.

congrats dude! the jordan V is what started it all for me way back then. My mom would never buy me a pair either... :smh:

Me too! The five is my all time favorite. If you didn't have a pair you were a scrub (kids are so mean) I'll never forget begging my mom for the black metallics. 99.99 size 5 in the fifth grade. I wore those shoes into the ground. After those she got me the ones that released today but they had 23 on the side. She thought it was crazy that shoes cost 100.00 now that I'm 32 I buy my own, but I always take the time to send my mom a quick pic of what I get. She loves it and it takes us both back to a place in time.

Ordered on fnl. Not a single issue. Pairs still available. I've got love for the 5 more than any other pair.

Release was about as smooth as can be, copped two pairs at finishline waited in line for an hour and was out the mall 20 minutes with the shoes. 

How come NDC didn't have a 12.5?
I got a 12 but that's not going to cut it, unless these run big.

If anything like my Fire Red's then you should be fine ..

after refreshing ndc a couple of times the sizes finally appeared with only 11 and 12 sold out .. pretty easy cop due to the BHM pack

I've never owned a pair of V's in my life. I've always had bad luck in trying to buy them for years. So this is a very sentimental moment. I'm sure the quality won't match that of prior releases, but I'm just grateful I finally get to own a pair since wanting one as a 14 year old in 1989-90 and my mom telling me NO! lol

Sometimes getting something 23 years later makes it even more special. I cried when Jordan got eliminated by the Pistons in 1989-90 in that 7-game series. I thought he'd never get past Isiah. But I will always remember the memories of him wearing this shoe that season. Thanks to the fam on these boards that posted the links. WIthout your help, my dream to own these would never have been possible. Big props to you guys. I'm thankful you guys are on NT.
happy.gif
congrats dude! the jordan V is what started it all for me way back then. My mom would never buy me a pair either...
mean.gif
Similar story here too.  My older cousin got the Fire Reds that year and I was enamored with them.  Begged mom for a pair, but she didn't think spending that much $$ on a pair of sneakers for an 11-year old was a good idea.  

But all that begging paid off because my first pair of J's ended up being the White/Infrared VI's the next year.  
pimp.gif
  And since Jordans always released around Thanksgiving back then and my birthday was in November, almost every year after the VI's came out, my only present would be the new Jordans.  That always worked out great b/c hoops season always started right around then too.  Ahh....good times.  

shout out to lifewegohard for the extra wc coupon. total on fnl came out to $161. almost a blessing i overslept ndc, except fnl takes forever to ship. Im not complaining though

Silly question, does NDC usually ship directly from HQ or are do they have warehouse near their NT locations and ship from there on a regional scale? 

Back
Top Bottom