Air Jordan 5 Retro Grape NRG - Fresh Prince

But he did wear them without laces so kinda makes sense...

rexfeatures_3877051k.jpg

Fire red
fresh-prince-air-jordan-5-og-white-fire-red-black.jpg

Will-Smith-Fresh-Prince-Air-Jordan-5-Grape.jpg
i mean that's all it takes for nike to have a gimmick; but he wasn't rocking laceless 5's
rocking means constantly wearing; but i didn't realize he was in the first episode laceless

I wish it were as simple as just punching holes into the eyelits to put laces in. But the band that connects to the tongue is shorter so the shoe stays on without laces. You will literally have to switch out the whole tongue.

i mean that's all it takes for nike to have a gimmick; but he wasn't rocking laceless 5's
rocking means constantly wearing; but i didn't realize he was in the first episode laceless

Of course thats the whole point of these laceless version. Its the fresh prince gimmick. Reason why these are fresh prince 5s and not grapes. Its a homage to will and the show. The fact that he wore them laceless was a significant part of it. That's what did stood out.

Of course thats the whole point of these laceless version. Its the fresh prince gimmick. Reason why these are fresh prince 5s and not grapes. Its a homage to will and the show. The fact that he wore them laceless was a significant part of it. That's what did stood out.
i'm saying it didn't stand out because it was only one episode; and people had to search for those pics; if you just happened to catch an episode of fresh prince he won't be in laceless 5's so it's kinda insignificant

I wish it were as simple as just punching holes into the eyelits to put laces in. But the band that connects to the tongue is shorter so the shoe stays on without laces. You will literally have to switch out the whole tongue.
no you wont

It's wild how much "these are trash," "trash," "JB these are trash," "I hate gimmicks," "stop with the gimmicks JB," type type of chatter this thread has. I get wanting the OG and not getting them, therefore being upset, but damn. Hell, and I'll say it again, I'd rather we were getting OG Grapes WITH laces and Nike Air. The idea of rocking V's without laces has NEVER crossed my mind. But as someone who has wanted these from day 1 (a huge Fresh Prince fan and overall MJ fan), and was fortunate to be able to lock a pair down, the amount of energy put into bashing the pair in the thread is funny. But to each his or her own, and that's what makes NT forums great (not being sarcastic).

It's wild how much "these are trash," "trash," "JB these are trash," "I hate gimmicks," "stop with the gimmicks JB," type type of chatter this thread has. I get wanting the OG and not getting them, therefore being upset, but damn. Hell, and I'll say it again, I'd rather we were getting OG Grapes WITH laces and Nike Air. The idea of rocking V's without laces has NEVER crossed my mind. But as someone who has wanted these from day 1 (a huge Fresh Prince fan and overall MJ fan), and was fortunate to be able to lock a pair down, the amount of energy put into bashing the pair in the thread is funny. But to each his or her own, and that's what makes NT forums great (not being sarcastic).
Im not getting them, and I kinda fall into the gimmick hate. But Im not gonna beat a dead horse saying the same thing in 6 different ways. Nor does anyone deserve to be called trash because they like them. Hope everyone that wants them eats.

Where will these be available? I called my local finish line and they said they arent getting them tomorrow. They also aren't on finish line or foot locker's site as an upcoming release.

The funny thing though, and it's just how it is in this culture, especially with people more knowledgeable or older (32, so I saw MJ killing people (not saying anyone isn't old or knowledgeable enough, just saying for younger people in general who aren't super familiar with actually seeing MJ play)), there would still be unhappy campers even if these had laces. There'd be lots of "I want them JUST like MJ had them," or "you ruined them with the 'WEST PHILADELPHIA' and the insole" talk. These, WITH laces, and a dope box would be the perfect collab IMO.

Speaking of box, does anyone have any idea on what the box for these will look like?

The funny thing though, and it's just how it is in this culture, especially with people more knowledgeable or older (32, so I saw MJ killing people (not saying anyone isn't old or knowledgeable enough, just saying for younger people in general who aren't super familiar with actually seeing MJ play)), there would still be unhappy campers even if these had laces. There'd be lots of "I want them JUST like MJ had them," or "you ruined them with the 'WEST PHILADELPHIA' and the insole" talk. These, WITH laces, and a dope box would be the perfect collab IMO.

Speaking of box, does anyone have any idea on what the box for these will look like?

Given how the 4s released I would believe it would be a standard Jordan 5 box.

no you wont
On normal 5s, the netting goes underneath the eyelits so you can fit laces in.

air-jordan-5-grape-2018-release.jpg

Here, the netting is connected so you feet don't slip without laces. The band that holds the tongue to the shoe is shorter to allow the sides to hold the tongue together. You'll have to replace the whole tongue.

Why doesn't any body but Will Smith have these shoes early on youtube or on any social media? Or am I just blind? I feel like youtubers would have any shoe early and review it but for these, why aren't there any videos?

I don't like the no laces but grapes are my favorite. I am going to get it. Should be easy.

Why doesn't any body but Will Smith have these shoes early on youtube or on any social media? Or am I just blind? I feel like youtubers would have any shoe early and review it but for these, why aren't there any videos?

I don't like the no laces but grapes are my favorite. I am going to get it. Should be easy.
Nike is cracking down hard on stores selling shoes early. Not worth it (anymore).

Dang, it would have been easy to make the decision if someone reviewed these. Leather looks way better than 2013. its just the damn laces
what do you guys look for in those reviews that help, i only watch mike rich; but it doesn't help seeing video from photo unless it gives a better sense of the shade of the shoe

On normal 5s, the netting goes underneath the eyelits so you can fit laces in.

air-jordan-5-grape-2018-release.jpg

Here, the netting is connected so you feet don't slip without laces. The band that holds the tongue to the shoe is shorter to allow the sides to hold the tongue together. You'll have to replace the whole tongue.

Yeah, it's not just punch holes and you're Gucci.

Where will these be available? I called my local finish line and they said they arent getting them tomorrow. They also aren't on finish line or foot locker's site as an upcoming release.
Tier 0 release = boutiques only.

Well I somehow also won END’s raffle as well, so after a streak of never ever winning raffles, I won 2 Fresh Prince Vs. I entered 10 times as many purple 1 raffles and got my usual L emails

The universe must know I love Will Smith, and that I donated to his charity thing and lost lol. Karma :smile:

Back
Top Bottom