Air Jordan 6 retro “Carmine” - Nike Air - February 13, 2021

I grew up watching MJ slay in these sneakers, I had a classmate that had the '91 Carmines and I was really looking forward to this purchase, but I know I'll end up with some 🧁 midsole 😞

Returning a defective product is a time suck and my time is just as valuable as my money. This goes for everyone here as well ⏳💵

My gut tells me loads of pairs are affected, but we only have anecdotal evidence to suggest it. So far, anyway.
My overall view of what a ****show this is, and how pathetic it is, has not changed. I do not expect a good outcome. But I don't KNOW that for sure. So I realized, why am I going to give up when I can just return them?
Pretty sure it's going to be a moot point in terms of getting a pair, anyway. Gonna be loads of Ls, even more now if inventory is being returned to Nike. And in that sense, even if the people who do get them end up with OK pairs, loads of others are going to be screwed out of getting them because of this debacle and the reduced inventory. So any way you slice it, Nike/JB deserve a huge F you on this one, no matter what. Unless, when it shakes out, it's only like 2 or 3 percent of the inventory that's affected. Yeah, right.
Based on what we’ve seen, realistically we’ll be lucky if it’s as low as 20-30% of inventory. Then we also have to hope it’s isolated to those pairs and not just a slow chemical reaction. Really is a **** show.

To think this is not an issue for 100% of the stock is absolute denial. Some have just reacted quicker than others.

Buy a pair that’s white, stick them in your closet for a while, they will eventually come out Pink. Nike knows this and that’s why they are still moving forward with the release. It’s a lost cause with all existing pairs, but they refuse to correct this and lose all the $ and resources for nothing. They see the replies of people copping no matter what. They dont mind returns. Most are dumb enough to keep no matter what.

Last edited:
To think this is not an issue for 100% of the stock is absolute denial. Some have just reacted quicker than others.
I think you are most likely correct. All I'm doing is, may as well take a shot and find out for sure, if I can happen to even get a pair at MSRP. Which, again, I'm pretty sure I won't. But I have a UPS pickup point just up the block from me. Returning stuff to Nike literally takes me about five minutes or less to print a label and re-tape the box, and 12 minutes round-trip, so it's no thing in that sense.
Again, though ... I am 99 percent certain this is not going to be a happy ending for me trying to get a good pair of 2021 Carmines, if such a thing is even possible :lol:

Buy a pair that’s white, stick them in your closet for a while, they will eventually come out Pink. Nike knows this and that’s why they are still moving forward with the release. It’s a lost cause with all existing pairs, but they refuse to correct this and lose all the $ and resources for nothing. They see the replies of people copping no matter what. They dont mind returns. Most are dumb enough to keep no matter what.
I don’t know if 100% is affected but I’m afraid you’re right when you say most are dumb enough to keep them.

My motivation for getting these Carmine VI was solely predicated on having shoes I could wear with this jersey. Jordan did wear them in the early part of the 1991-92 season after I did research.
IMG_4134.JPG
IMG_4133.JPG

If these will be f'd up with faded pink midsoles as expected, then I'll just bypass them and hope they rehash the Hare VII & black/charcoal VII correctly in the future to go with that jersey since that was the official model shoe for that season. But it's still disappointing that they f'd up bad with these Carmine VI although I can live without them because I was anticipating them since last year.

I’m gonna happily buy (at least attempt to) and hope they’re not already pink. Then wear them until they turn. 😘

If they come pre-pinked I’ll return and move along.

Unbreakable kicks went in on this. Showing his 2014 pair with no bleeding or nothing. Nike don't give ****, just giving people whatever nowadays. No way should this had happened.

Just make sure to use max HS and pray to win so that we can inspect the pairs 😅

On to The Playoff 7! They can’t possibly **** up an all black shoe...can they!?

I was thinking about that coincidentally. I feel it's hard to f up predominantly black shoes honestly because of their color by default. Shoes with black midsoles seem way less susceptible to yellowing or coloration flaws realistically.

On to The Playoff 7! They can’t possibly **** up an all black shoe...can they!?
I was thinking about that coincidentally. I feel it's hard to f up predominantly black shoes honestly because of their color by default. Shoes with black midsoles seem way less susceptible to yellowing or coloration flaws realistically.

They didn’t **** up the last playoff 7 retro?

Back
Top Bottom