Air Jordan 6 retro “Carmine” - Nike Air - February 13, 2021

No that is not safe to assume. Come on, rainking rainking . Don’t fall into denial and rationalizations now.
They funny thing is everyones pairs will be some form of pink months from now.
:rofl:
Well, we’re gonna find out one way or another.
I ain’t falling into **** LOL. However, IF this is a paint issue and not bleeding, then I don’t have that hard of a time believing a non-pink pair will stay that way. The paint is completely cured by now, I imagine. That said, I’m not a paint expert, so maybe it could indeed still change eventually.
This thread will never die. Two years from now, we’ll still have pink checks and updates going on in here:lol:

This should kill all the bleeding talk, now they have confirmed it was a actually a midsole paint issue right. They won't admit it, but im sure they shipped from the factory pink.

giphy.gif

They absolutely shipped from the factory like that on some "nobody will notice" steez. Then they got busted and now they have to backtrack. At least they acknowledged it was the paint and not bleeding like several of us have been saying.

There’s no pink here. Are we just looking for it and assume it’s there?

Well we can objectively look at it somewhat. I say somewhat because it could be like the fire red IV situation again with the lighting and the image that made the red look more like infrared. But you or someone else can put that image from Nike into a paint program and see what hex code you get out of it. I mean there's no way we're getting FFFFFF but it will be interesting to see what hex code shows up and how close it is to a light pink.

If you want to do it, there are plenty of sites online. Let me know what results you get!

There’s no pink here. Are we just looking for it and assume it’s there?

Well we can objectively look at it somewhat. I say somewhat because it could be like the fire red IV situation again with the lighting and the image that made the red look more like infrared. But you or someone else can put that image from Nike into a paint program and see what hex code you get out of it. I mean there's no way we're getting FFFFFF but it will be interesting to see what hex code shows up and how close it is to a light pink.

If you want to do it, there are plenty of sites online. Let me know what results you get!

Haven’t multiple sources confirmed this already? (Some pairs are affected more than others) What we don’t know is what % of pairs are affected. As KanyIZZY KanyIZZY and Magic33 Magic33 mentioned ITT, this might impact retail availability if it’s a high % and those pairs are taken off the market by Nike.

Haven’t multiple sources confirmed this already? (Some pairs are affected more than others) What we don’t know is what % of pairs are affected. As KanyIZZY KanyIZZY and Magic33 Magic33 mentioned ITT, this might impact retail availability if it’s a high % and those pairs are taken off the market by Nike.

I'm only referring to that picture I posted. Dude said he couldn't see pink in the picture. So I suggested looking at the hex codes. I'd do it but since he doesn't see pink, I'm letting him show he's right with his own findings. If I came back with "see, hex code has pink in it" he wouldn't believe me anyway right.

I'm only referring to that picture I posted. Dude said he couldn't see pink in the picture. So I suggested looking at the hex codes. I'd do it but since he doesn't see pink, I'm letting him show he's right with his own findings. If I came back with "see, hex code has pink in it" he wouldn't believe me anyway right.

Yeah that’s fair and I agree. My point was more that some pairs seem to have less/no pink and others seem to have more based on pics posted. I’m not sure what pairs we’re all going to get but it should be complete madness in this thread the next week or two surrounding/following the release lol

That article was pretty disheartening tbh.

“The ex-Nike employee, who asked to remain anonymous, said that the factory producing the Air Jordan 6 used a flawed batch of midsole paint on the sneakers that turned from white to pink. They explained that it can take a sneaker six months to go from a factory line to a stockroom, and it’s not uncommon for material defects to manifest in that span.”

To me, that quote doesn’t suggest that this flawed paint was only used on a subset of the produced pairs. It was used on all pairs and some have turned pink at this point. The rest probably will over time. 😔

“The ex-Nike employee, who asked to remain anonymous, said that the factory producing the Air Jordan 6 used a flawed batch of midsole paint on the sneakers that turned from white to pink. They explained that it can take a sneaker six months to go from a factory line to a stockroom, and it’s not uncommon for material defects to manifest in that span.”

To me, that quote doesn’t suggest that this flawed paint was only used on a subset of the produced pairs. It was used on all pairs and some have turned pink at this point. The rest probably will over time. 😔

I missed that! Someone posted that in here?

I suspected something like that. I still feel like the Balvins were somehow involved. Because that's exactly what happened to me with those - looked white for months, then the official pics came out and it was clear they were pink soles.

I think the "ex Nike employee" is incorrect about the paint turning in transit. It was definitely a bad batch of paint, but I fully believe it was pink when it went on the shoes and Nike shipped them anyway, thinking nobody would notice.

:rofl:
Well, we’re gonna find out one way or another.
I ain’t falling into **** LOL. However, IF this is a paint issue and not bleeding, then I don’t have that hard of a time believing a non-pink pair will stay that way. The paint is completely cured by now, I imagine. That said, I’m not a paint expert, so maybe it could indeed still change eventually.
This thread will never die. Two years from now, we’ll still have pink checks and updates going on in here:lol:

Only way it would turn pink over time is if the white is painted over pink or red.

I said it first that the smartest thing to do is wait a WHILE to cop on eBay. That’s what I’m doing. I feel sorry for the idiots that don’t mind copping a pink carmine :lol: It’s not in me (no pun intended) to take it in the *** like that haha

I think the "ex Nike employee" is incorrect about the paint turning in transit. It was definitely a bad batch of paint, but I fully believe it was pink when it went on the shoes and Nike shipped them anyway, thinking nobody would notice.
This does seem most likely for sure.

Back
Top Bottom