Air Jordan 6 retro “Carmine” - Nike Air - February 13, 2021

Unpopular opinion here: Carmines > black/ infrareds

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

that-is-absurd.jpg

:smh::smh::smh::smh:

I relented and decided to say f it and enter the app reservations for Champs, Footaction, and Foot Locker. Perhaps I'll add head starts depending on my motivation in the next 2 days.

If I get selected on Friday, I guess I'll go with that approach to inspect my reserved pair for that dreaded discoloration to be safe when I go to the store the app sends me to. Hopefully the stores have weeded out the f'd up pairs and purged that 💩 from their inventory so we don't have to encounter them if we're in stores. :emoji_fingers_crossed:

Are you kidding me. It’s between the black cement 3 and the concords
1A and 1B as far as the 6s goes. Everyone is gonna like what they like as far as all time favorites goes. A lot of that has to do with memories of personal pairs from youth for a lot of people.

Perhaps I should have anticipated it was going to be a 💩 show with the shoes being f'd up because it was somewhat an ominous sign when the supposedly matching socks only had the number "23" on the outward side, and not the inward side like how the original version had them on both sides. They couldn't even get those so-called matching socks right! 🙄

Perhaps I should have anticipated it was going to be a 💩 show with the shoes being f'd up because it was somewhat an ominous sign when the supposedly matching socks only had the number "23" on the outward side, and not the inward side like how the original version had them on both sides. They couldn't even get those so-called matching socks right! 🙄
Nothing a red Sharpie couldn’t fix.

:
I think mine hasnt either but since Covid hit, they've been shady or simply do not say anything about how they are releasing. Best guess, employees, friends, and resellers are eating there so I don't waste time with a FCFS. They have still been doing random passes but those are poop anyway.

:rofl: employees at soho and 5th act like you asking them the secret to the Big Mac sauce when you ask about releases. That’s one of the reasons why I cut them off early when they go in to a rehearsed spiel that they learn in TC.

I get it. You not trying to lose your 40 percent off but damn.

crazy how the Nike store itself doesn’t get release first. A long time manager told me way back that the one of the reasons why they don’t get Releases in bulk like that is because they don’t want to “kill the local competition”. OK.....

Last edited:
For that day and age, the Carmine VI was a pretty “loud” shoe. Ahead of its time a bit. Mostly red hue. 3 years later, Pip would turn the whole bowl of red paint over with the Maestro II.

I remember commentators would laugh at players shoes that showed way too much color.
Ahhhhh.......those were the days lol. Don’t remember being too shocked, just pissed another color came out I knew moms would say no to. Never asked.

Yea I remember when a 10 minute head start used to be pretty much money on releases wit footstores. Max head start now don’t mean jack

That's why I know something is up, at least in my area.

I've entered for some GR's just to see what will happen. Hell, I had won before just off 7 minutes. But now I can't even win GR's at the stores with the highest inventory? I go from being able to get I's and kicks they only had a size run or two of off 10 minutes to not even being able to get fire red IV's and having to wait until SNKRS?

For that day and age, the Carmine VI was a pretty “loud” shoe. Ahead of its time a bit. Mostly red hue. 3 years later, Pip would turn the whole bowl of red paint over with the Maestro II.

I remember commentators would laugh at players shoes that showed way too much color.
This is interesting to know. . I thought loud and outlandish styles were a thing. I’m going by tv and pictures Though. I kinda remember those times. I was into the flashy Bad Boy n Rocafella era. But Dmx and Ruff ryders changed that. Hope I hit this Saturday though. Pink or no pink.

This is interesting to know. . I thought loud and outlandish styles were a thing. I’m going by tv and pictures Though. I kinda remember those times. I was into the flashy Bad Boy n Rocafella era. But Dmx and Ruff ryders changed that. Hope I hit this Saturday though. Pink or no pink.

It was still a pretty conservative time, as far as on-court kicks were concerned. Up until the Carmines, outside of Jordan Is and Converse Weapons, there weren't too many other shoes (league-approved) with that kind of color blocking.

Back
Top Bottom